What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gronk

Staff member
unless we improve our back 5 signifacently, i can't see him being left out of the starting line up.
Even if he plays 14 for a spell, he will end up filling in across the backline when the inevitable injuries hit.
I think he meant more along the lines of if he will stick around at the club if he’s given the 14 role.
Well his next contract will not be as well paid, surely.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Even if he plays 14 for a spell, he will end up filling in across the backline when the inevitable injuries hit.

Well his next contract will not be as well paid, surely.

well he's not going to start off the bench in round 1 whilst Simmo's offseason preperation will delay his return by a week or 2 and don't call me surely....

EppingEel

Juniors
The problem with Gutho is his lack of speed. This year he's gone from slower than average, to one of the slowest players in the competition. Which unfortunately means he's not able to be in the best position in defence, and limits his attack.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The problem with Gutho is his lack of speed. This year he's gone from slower than average, to one of the slowest players in the competition. Which unfortunately means he's not able to be in the best position in defence, and limits his attack.
I think one of Guthos big issues is that he tries to do too much. Hopefully Ryles can rein him in. Quality over quantity.
Like our bookends, I believed Coach overused him and created the decline. I guess he feels a need to cover our backline sloths.
In Ryles we trust.

Johnny88

Juniors
We can reveal St George Illawarra coach Shane Flanagan has met Parramatta’s Reagan Campbell-Gillard face-to-face.
The pair finally caught up last Friday week for a discussion which was essentially informal.
With the Cowboys now pulling back on Campbell-Gillard, we expect Saints to lodge an offer in coming days.

Watch for Leeds Rhinos and former Parramatta coach Brad Arthur to make a play for Canberra winger Jordan Rapana.
While no offer has been lodged, Leeds would want Rapana on their books from next season.
Canberra has made Rapana a one-year offer for 2025 but he may be trying to secure a longer deal.
Eels legend Brett Kenny showed plenty of grace after missing out on Immortal status last week.
Kenny posted: “Was great to see Ron Coote be honoured as an Immortal. Was a great player with great achievements in the game and is one of the game’s gentlemen.”
Former Balmain, Parramatta, Souths and Wests forward John Bilbija has died after battling dementia and the onset of Parkinson’s disease.
Bilbija played 49 first grade games between 1980 and 1988.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How many of those games were against a cheating Storm??? We might of won a comp or two. We never ever looked a contender under baldie, fluking a GF didn't change that.
The Storm made four straight grand finals when they were caught cheating. That in itself is a fair sign something dodgy is going on. They then went on to make three grand finals in three years and four in five years (2016-2020). Are they suddenly not cheating? If they’re that good why bother cheating in the first place? I’m certain they’re still rorting the cap. They’ve just learnt to avoid getting caught. Another club that’s made four consecutive grand finals is Penrith.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
lol avoid the question. You said it’s harder to win finals games at Parramatta, not preliminary finals. What you should have said is its hard for Brad Arthur to win finals matches.
He has a 100% win rate in preliminary finals and a 0% rate in grand finals, just like Anderson. All it proves is that sample size matters. Twelve games is meaningless.

lucablight

First Grade
The Storm made four straight grand finals when they were caught cheating. That in itself is a fair sign something dodgy is going on. They then went on to make three grand finals in three years and four in five years (2016-2020). Are they suddenly not cheating? If they’re that good why bother cheating in the first place? I’m certain they’re still rorting the cap. They’ve just learnt to avoid getting caught. Another club that’s made four consecutive grand finals is Penrith.
We were cheating the salary cap when we won spoons. We are now close to winning a spoon again so we must be cheating again. Is that how is works?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What's Flanno doing? Putting together a squad full of a bunch of old men lol
It worked out in 2016 for him, but it was a different game back then.

Plus they still had young talent like Bird,Holmes and Barba. Saint's aren't really stacked with x factor.

lucablight

First Grade
It’s pretty obvious how cheating leads to success and not the other way around. Causality.

Cheating being the cause of failure isn’t so explicable. In that case it’s just correlation.
That’s just an assertion. You haven’t demonstrated it. You do that when you talk about our finals record as well and say things like and I’m paraphrasing “It’s hard for a club like ours to win preliminary finals matches”. You were right when you said correlation doesn’t necessarily equal causation so if you’re going to make these blanket statements you have to demonstrate how as well. Cherry picking data to baselessly make wild assertions isn’t the way.

Last edited:

Latest posts