What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench
You think we should've kept Galvin/Talagi/Sanders over Moses and Drown?
I dont think you kick out 15/16 year olds because of the 30yo you have in first grade...no. Particularly as you keep harping on about the 15/16yo can play 2RF. I think when you are developing juniors, you keep the best of them.

If you were running the club we would've run last this year. We would never win a preliminary final.
tbh if I was running the club, with the logic I am arguing, Parramatta would be a powerhouse and making the finals every year. Penrith, Parramatta and Wests Tigers have the best junior nurseries in the NRL and should be producing a conveyor belt of quality NRL juniors that power these teams to success. Only one of the three teams is doing that, Penrith.

Tigers are shit and have been for a long time, however one of the few things they are doing right (mostly because of lack of options) is concentrating on juniors. When the Tigers sacked Madge 2 years ago, a big reason quoted was that he was not developing juniors through the grades. When the club brought back the dinosaur that is Tim Sheens, the one thing he is proven at is developing juniors and this is what he was backing his success on. It happened to coincide with the Magpies going undefeated in Harold Matts so its a pretty easy tactic. The side that got pumped by Parra last night had 7 Tigers juniors in the team and another 4 players who were not Tigers juniors but debuted with us, so 11/17 are juniors or debuted with us. This will pay dividends in the next two seasons.

Pou I know you are trolling but your argument that Parra dont need to hold and develop superstar juniors because you already have two good halves is insane and the opposite of what a successful club needs to do. I am not here arguing my club is good and your club is shit....at the moment we are both shit, but simply from a straightforward rugby league development discussion, arguing you should punt a junior who would be Captain and 6 of Aus Schoolboys 18months later because you have 30yo Mitchell Moses is crazy.

chiefy1

Bench
We should of kept Blaize. He is a special talent.

But where do you play him? Forget about wing and especially fullback as he doesn't have the pace. He's ok at centre, but really he's a 6. Penrith had the 6 vacant so there was little hope he'd wait behind Dylan.

Latest posts