What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Should we get rid of Drown to keep Talagi? Should we rissole Moses for Sanders?
For every Storm releasing NZ incumbent hooker Richard Swain to promote Cameron Smith, there’s a Souths letting Adam Reynolds go to keep Lachlan Ilias.

That said I don’t trust our club officials’ talent identification and I said at start of season Talagi was going to end up as starting centre for us. It was club’s failure not selling him on that future.

That said it also only comes back to bite us really if he winds up the new Hayne.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
For every Storm releasing NZ incumbent hooker Richard Swain to promote Cameron Smith, there’s a Souths letting Adam Reynolds go to keep Lachlan Ilias.

That said I don’t trust our club officials’ talent identification and I said at start of season Talagi was going to end up as starting centre for us. It was club’s failure not selling him on that future.

That said it also only comes back to bite us really if he winds up the new Hayne.
Or even if he becomes a better centre than whoever plays there for us next year. Penisini nope, Lomax nope, Simonsson nope, Gutherson nope. Honestly Talagi is already an excellent attacking player but defence is a huge part of a centre's value. I think Talagi will become a good enough defender for centre, but I doubt it'll happen next year. In any case, I'll be surprised if he plays centre at Penrith.

GrayGirrafe1140

Juniors
f**k you merkins make shit up. Robson was contracted to the Cowboys until the end of 2023: https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2019/08/12/cowboys-sign-junior-kangaroo/

Verrills was contracted to the Roosters until the end of 2024: https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2020/12/17/sam-verrills-and-sitili-tupouniua-extend-with-roosters/

Yes he probably would've been available when we signed Hodgson (at the end of 2021) but that's because the Roosters wanted to cut their losses. Verrills had played fewer games than Hodgson in the preceding two years with his own ACL and detached retina.

Egan would've been good in hindsight but in 2021, when we signed Hodgson, he was going better than Egan. And offered much more experience.
They were absolutely both shopped around after the 21 season.

GrayGirrafe1140

Juniors
But Talagi was, despite being born in the same year.

It's good that he finally sorted his shit out. When Dylan Brown was Galvin's age he carved up the Broncos in a 58-0 finals win. The year before that (aged 18) he played reserve grade. The year before that (aged 17) he won SG Ball playing halfback and made the Toyota Cup grand final, also in the halves. Never played Australian Schoolboys though. I guess he was too busy.
He got picked for the Aussie schoolboys but was injured and had to withdraw I believe