What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

And ur best player!!!
No he’s not a tiger! We wouldn’t have him in a pink fit.

I owe it to @justadragon and @This Year? and dragon fans generally to enlighten you as to the severe and chronic defects in his personality.

Hes the most selfish player in the NRL.

You’ll find that out when he refuses to run within 2 metres of the sideline. Work to rule.

Anyway, he will out for a number of weeks by head injuries caused by his dumb boxing frolic you’ve allowed him to partake of.

None of the Saints VIPs attended his millionth game celebrations. They were dragging in people off the street for the cameras.

The gear steward brushed him too. That’s a useful weather vane as to his like-ability.

If the gear steward hates you, you’re finished.

He dogged the Saints, ergo, a flip.

You should trade him while you can. Plus at $650 he’s too expensive.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Disagree. A lesser squad played better under TBaz than the better credentialed squad under BA. A new voice, ideas, structures was clearly what we needed. Unfortunately BA was too stubborn to change in a number of areas.
Or the players got a rocket up them when the coach got sacked. Or we played easier teams while Barrett was coach:

ThingArthur'sBarrett
Games1014
Win rate30%29%
Games vs top eight opponents67
Win rate vs top eight50%14%
Games vs bottom eight opponents47
Win rate vs bottom eight0%43%

If you want to be a gun analyst you need to check your confirmation bias.
Let's not forget Ryles and every other candidate would've gone through a gruelling process to get the role.
How will you change this team/club
What will you do. Why will it work etc etc
Anyone ever been involved in recruitment knows what you're looking for in candidates.
You also know very quickly who isn't a fit and who is ticking the boxes or answering the right way.
I don't see as Ryles not surrounding himself with the right people and pulling out all stops to make him and this club a success.
Don't forget if he fails here then it makes it all that much harder to get anotherr1st grade job.
Having spent many hours with Bellamy, Robinson, Eddie Jones who have all tasted success at the highest level I can't see anything but a meticulous coach with absolute emphasis on attention to detail.
I also admire the fact he could've stayed in Melb and be part of another premiership winning campaign but has arrived early and announced his team around him.
I honestly see nothing but success ahead with Rylesy
Yeah I hope so. But I also think all the ideas in rugby league are the same at every club. There's no secrets, because of constant rotation of staff and players between clubs. So there's 'best practice', and everyone does that. Tactics come down to the strengths and weaknesses of your squad, and again, it's not rocket surgery. If us slobs can think of it as part time amateurs, you can guarantee the people being paid to do it have thought of it too.

The Predictor

Juniors

I owe it to @justadragon and @This Year? and dragon fans generally to enlighten you as to the severe and chronic defects in his personality.

You’ll find that out when he refuses to run within 2 metres of the sideline. Work to rule.

Anyway, he will out for a number of weeks by head injuries caused by his dumb boxing frolic you’ve allowed him to partake of.

None of the Saints VIPs attended his millionth game celebrations. They were dragging in people off the street for the cameras.

The gear steward brushed him too. That’s a useful weather vane as to his like-ability.

How do u know all this?

JokerEel

Coach

f**k me you are a bitter Merkin none of that is true but nice to know your a wanker with a huge chip on his shoulder..

I bet Bird is a terrific bloke

f**k me you are a bitter Merkin none of that is true but nice to know your a wanker with a huge chip on his shoulder..

I bet Bird is a terrific bloke
It’s all true, you visit SGI and read their Lomax thread.

Hes about as popular as Trump is in the Ukraine.

He’s no Snow White,….actually maybe the new version.

And imho you should stop swearing at and abusing other forumers while you’re at it.

Last edited:

JokerEel

Coach
It’s all true, you visit SGI and read their Lomax thread.

Hes about as popular as Trump is in the Ukraine.

He’s no Snow White,….actually maybe the new version.

And imho you should stop swearing at and abusing other forumers while you’re at it.

Nah won't be doing that just because you read it on a forum doesn't make it true you would understand that if you weren't a wanker..

Legal Eel

Juniors
Or the players got a rocket up them when the coach got sacked. Or we played easier teams while Barrett was coach:

ThingArthur'sBarrett
Games1014
Win rate30%29%

Yeah I hope so. But I also think all the ideas in rugby league are the same at every club. There's no secrets, because of constant rotation of staff and players between clubs. So there's 'best practice', and everyone does that. Tactics come down to the strengths and weaknesses of your squad, and again, it's not rocket surgery. If us slobs can think of it as part time amateurs, you can guarantee the people being paid to do it have thought of it too.
You need to give it up.

no matter how hard you keep going, none of the Arthur’s will ever let you slobber their knobs!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You need to give it up.

no matter how hard you keep going, none of the Arthur’s will ever let you slobber their knobs!
It's not just Brad Arthur, it's every coach. If they don't know what they're doing, they don't even get to be assistant NRL coaches, much less head coach of an NRL club. There's not a single thing about coaching that geniuses like you and I could tell them that they don't already know.

King-Gutho94

Coach

ThingArthur'sBarrett
Games1014
Win rate30%29%

It's all irrelevant our performances under Arthur were downright putrid this year compared to what we dished up under Barrett.

Canberra, Dolphins in Darwin, Magic Round and I'll throw in the Tigers at Commbank where we offered sfa in attack against the worst defensive side in the comp.

What excuses can you offer up for those games.

When Arthur had better players at his disposal then what Baz had to deal with in the back end.

Hopgood, Paulo, Matterson, Moses, Sivo for an extended period, Simmonson were all missing for a large majority of Barrett's stint.

Outside of Moses all of them were available and playing under Arthur in those first 10 games.

I reckon our worst performance under Barrett was probably the Chooks at Allianz and seriously was anyone expecting us to get within 30 anyway.

Under Barrett we were still in 80% games in the final 10 mins. Some dumb football and shithouse defensive lapses cost us probably 4 games.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Disagree. A lesser squad played better under TBaz than the better credentialed squad under BA. A new voice, ideas, structures was clearly what we needed. Unfortunately BA was too stubborn to change in a number of areas.
Let's not forget Ryles and every other candidate would've gone through a gruelling process to get the role.
How will you change this team/club
What will you do. Why will it work etc etc
Anyone ever been involved in recruitment knows what you're looking for in candidates.
You also know very quickly who isn't a fit and who is ticking the boxes or answering the right way.
I don't see as Ryles not surrounding himself with the right people and pulling out all stops to make him and this club a success.
Don't forget if he fails here then it makes it all that much harder to get anotherr1st grade job.
Having spent many hours with Bellamy, Robinson, Eddie Jones who have all tasted success at the highest level I can't see anything but a meticulous coach with absolute emphasis on attention to detail.
I also admire the fact he could've stayed in Melb and be part of another premiership winning campaign but has arrived early and announced his team around him.
I honestly see nothing but success ahead with Rylesy
Ryles was quoted off the record he would walk over broken glass to get the parra job.

He had the Dragons gig locked in 18 months ago. Being an ex player he would have known what he was walking into but opted against it at the last minute.

Flanagan on the other hand was desperate due to reputation damage he had to grab any gig possible.

Flanno did a decent job with the squad he had at his disposal it was basically BA 2014 at Parra really.

Punched above there weight but got flogged numerous times and choked in the last 2 games to miss the finals by 1 game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
It's not just Brad Arthur, it's every coach. If they don't know what they're doing, they don't even get to be assistant NRL coaches, much less head coach of an NRL club. There's not a single thing about coaching that geniuses like you and I could tell them that they don't already know.
A bus to a GF would be a good idea??

King-Gutho94

Coach
A bus to a GF would be a good idea??
I was told this year we were the only team to not do a captain's run at Accor on GF week in the past 10 years not including 2021 when at Suncorp due to covid.

BA didn't want drive more then 7 mins for the most important game of everyone's career.

So we kept it at Kellyville

Moronic to say the least.

Noise

Coach
I was told this year we were the only team to not do a captain's run at Accor on GF week in the past 10 years not including 2021 when at Suncorp due to covid.

BA didn't want drive more then 7 mins for the most important game of everyone's career.

So we kept it at Kellyville

Moronic to say the least.
We would have been too tired from the nth qld game anyway.