What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
@Tiger5150

Brent Read said on 360 that Madge applied for the Broncos role when Seibold was sacked and Kevvie got the job at end of 2020 and has been keen on it for a long time

No one on the panel picked up on this little snippet but if my timeline is correct Madge just finished year 2 of his Tigers stint then and still would have been contracted for a few more years.

Am I still correct there

Now he wasn't sacked until midway through 2022 but that tells me he clearly wanted out at end of 2020 and didn't think he could turn it around.

Tiger5150

Bench
@Tiger5150

Brent Read said on 360 that Madge applied for the Broncos role when Seibold was sacked and Kevvie got the job at end of 2020 and has been keen on it for a long time

No one on the panel picked up on this little snippet but if my timeline is correct Madge just finished year 2 of his Tigers stint then and still would have been contracted for a few more years.

Am I still correct there

Now he wasn't sacked until midway through 2022 but that tells me he clearly wanted out at end of 2020 and didn't think he could turn it around.
Wouldnt surprise me at all. He was up against it with our board at the time. He is also just not a good coach. Madge has one plan and he needs the right team to execute it. He obviously never had that team at Tigers, but also he didnt have the capacity to change his plans to either a) suit the squad he had or b) suit the way the game has changed.

TBH Parras squad last two years would suit Madge to the ground and he would screw it because the game has changed since he was handed a squad on a silver platter at Souffs,

Soto

Bench
Isn't it interesting how they the journos say they have made the right call sacking Walters yet they were saying why did they sack Arthur???
My goodness some of these blokes getting paid alot of money for a lot of BS...
The current crop of journos are embarrassing...poor frilingos would be turning in his grave with this lot