What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I may agree with you, but all you really care about is getting into pointless arguments online about every little thing. And you have a f**king shit memory which is why you continually get exposed.
My memory is fine. If I had said any of the shit you accuse me of saying you would be able to find it with the search function. But you can't, because you don't remember.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The problem was that we lost 5-6 players and they were replaced in the squad with inferior players.

Players 28-31 would've been irrelevant if the 5-6 players were as good as the ones we lost.
Why would we replace them with players as good as the ones who left? We might as well keep the old ones.

They left because they were on unders, and we couldn’t afford to pay them what they were worth because of the salary cap.

Chipmunk

Coach
Why would we replace them with players as good as the ones who left? We might as well keep the old ones.

They left because they were on unders, and we couldn’t afford to pay them what they were worth because of the salary cap.
We found those one for those prices, we should've found similar ones for similar prices.

Instead, we found inferior ones for the same price.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We found those one for those prices, we should've found similar ones for similar prices.
They weren't that good when we found them. We improved them, which is why they were on unders by the time their contracts ended.
Instead, we found inferior ones for the same price.
I doubt it was the same price. There was less cap space to replace the ones who left, since we kept some of the improvers by paying them what they were worth. Look at that 2022 side. How many of them were just as good when they first arrived at the club? Some improved immediately but most of them improved gradually, over many years. That's how we assembled a squad with so many players on unders. You can't just go out and buy a bunch of merkins on unders. For every Papali'i or Hopgood you get a Doorey or a Greig.

Chipmunk

Coach
They weren't that good when we found them. We improved them, which is why they were on unders by the time their contracts ended.

I doubt it was the same price. There was less cap space to replace the ones who left, since we kept some of the improvers by paying them what they were worth. Look at that 2022 side. How many of them were just as good when they first arrived at the club? Some improved immediately but most of them improved gradually, over many years. That's how we assembled a squad with so many players on unders. You can't just go out and buy a bunch of merkins on unders. For every Papali'i or Hopgood you get a Doorey or a Greig.
But the club should've been aware that all those players would eventually reach their ceiling for what the club could afford to pay them and they would move on.

So, we should've been planning at least a season or two ahead. A production line one might say, instead of trying to find new players after the other ones have decided they were leaving.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But the club should've been aware that all those players would eventually reach their ceiling for what the club could afford to pay them and they would move on.
I'm sure they were aware, but premiership windows exist for a reason. Just knowing the value of your players will increase and they will be pushed out doesn't mean you can stop it happening.
So, we should've been planning at least a season or two ahead. A production line one might say, instead of trying to find new players after the other ones have decided they were leaving.
It sounds expensive. That might explain why not everyone is doing it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Arthur’s grand final record is no worse than Smith’s, and his record in preliminary finals is way better

Faceless Remix Derp Face Vectorized - Openclipart

Pazza

First Grade
Don't expect them to. They are off contract and free to test the market. If we want to keep them, we will have made them new offers, like any other off contract player.

You're missing the other vital component to the situation.

Nov 1 approaches and we have 2 million dollars in cap space in limbo. I doubt Ryles is thrilled

Latest posts