What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
No. Reynolds was desperate to stay in Sydney and if we had offered him the big coin he would have joined west tigers .. Pascoe and co wouldn’t do it so he went to Brisbane. There were some concerns about his age and being prone to further injury
Whether he was officially approached by the Tigers I'm unsure but in 2021 Reynolds name was mooted for a player swap (Brooks) but didn't eventuate.
Whenever a player is looking for an out our club is always mentioned.

WA Tiger

Bench
Whether he was officially approached by the Tigers I'm unsure but in 2021 Reynolds name was mooted for a player swap (Brooks) but didn't eventuate.
Whenever a player is looking for an out our club is always mentioned.
Demetriou wouldn’t trust Brooks to get the mail from the mail box. The swap was Blockers idea.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
This in no way confirms anything but interesting to see the date march 2021. Madge would have been front and centre of that no decision for Reynolds

Nutz

Bench
Demetriou wouldn’t trust Brooks to get the mail from the mail box. The swap was Blockers idea.
True. And blocker followed Guyer's suggestion or vise versa. Both are merkins as far as opinions go.
Renolds wouldn't be excused for failure playing in an all star team like the Broncos as it's a tough gig at Red Hill.
Walters junior is benefitting too in that side.

Nutz

Bench
What's going on everyone.
Missing out on the 8 to me is not life and death.
Those teams who played one extra game and got knocked out are goneski.
We would be excited getting into the top four and that should be our goal.
Getting 2 wooden spoons is another story.

Tigerm

Coach
What's going on everyone.
Missing out on the 8 to me is not life and death.
Those teams who played one extra game and got knocked out are goneski.
We would be excited getting into the top four and that should be our goal.
Getting 2 wooden spoons is another story.
"Missing out on the 8 to me is not life and death."

It's not, it's far more important (Bill Shankly) and I agree with Bill.

We were "goneski" after the first 5 rounds.

Last edited:

Manly table $6m mega extension for enforcer​

A seven-year contract worth around $900,000 a season.

Q. Does Manly have a different salary cap to all the other clubs?

wont DCE’s Goliath deal be over soon, also could seem cutting their losses on Turbo as he’s a sick note. Would give them cash to burn.

Tigerm

Coach
TWT Instagram stating the following players have been released?

Brooks
Talau
Laurie
Simpkins (Tuki)
Wakeham
James
Ngatikaura

A whisper Seyfarth is being looked at by the dogs?

Though nothing on the WT site as yet.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
TWT Instagram stating the following players have been released?

Brooks
Talau
Laurie
Simpkins (Tuki)
Wakeham
James
Ngatikaura

A whisper Seyfarth is being looked at by the dogs?

Though nothing on the WT site as yet.
Sayfarts has talked to the dogs after he was told by WT he can go. So it sounds like it's between hush puppies and the Ibises.
Dissapointed with this one as Sayfarts is getting better and is one of the only forwards to give it his all.
Quiet often he'll turn and chase and be one of the only forwards to be seen in D.
I'm not disappointed by the rest of them because they are reserve graders.
I'm a Noffa fan, or was, and I'd be happier to keep Staines over him. JT would then be our other winger.
Need a marquee centre asap.

Tigerm

Coach
Sayfarts has talked to the dogs after he was told by WT he can go. So it sounds like it's between hush puppies and the Ibises.
Dissapointed with this one as Sayfarts is getting better and is one of the only forwards to give it his all.
Quiet often he'll turn and chase and be one of the only forwards to be seen in D.
I'm not disappointed by the rest of them because they are reserve graders.
I'm a Noffa fan, or was, and I'd be happier to keep Staines over him. JT would then be our other winger.
Need a marquee centre asap.
Yeah, I’m a fan of Seyfarth’s as well, would be more than happy if Nofa went.
The old saying is, forwards don’t really mature to there late 20’s and he is already a goer, as you said.

WA Tiger

Bench
Sheens wanted Nofo gone ..Benji said no he’s staying. Thats the end of that..Thankfully.
Benji wants top guns and the minimum number of “he tries hard” type players ..therefore Twal stayed and Seyfarth went

Nutz

Bench
Yeah, I’m a fan of Seyfarth’s as well, would be more than happy if Nofa went.
The old saying is, forwards don’t really mature to there late 20’s and he is already a goer, as you said.
I know we've had several coaches and Sayfart has too but the upside of that is different coaches all bring something to the table. Madge expected forwards to be like Sam Burgess and smash it up the middle and is very vocal, and very colourful,, Ivan was the opposite, he was quieter but when he did talk players listened. Sheens/Benji like a little bit of flare/offloads etc.
I've noticed big red has a bit of all this and is slowly improving.
For a big man he's got a bit of toe and works hard.
The only thing I thing I don't like is when he's at second marker he tends to run backwards instead of across.
I see James has been told to look somewhere else. This tells me that he didn't excell when called up nor did he work hard on fitness in KOE???
It's a dog eat dog comp and you have to prove you have what it takes. Take the jersey off James and you won't see a 6 pack and bulging chest/arms/shoulder muscles. Well I doubt it anyway.
I looked at Feledy in the NSW U19 SOO and I saw a bit of a gut and he struggled to keep up.
In his NRL debut nothing had changed. Yes he made a few breaks but that was it.
Successful clubs can bring players in to cover injuries and they do well because they've worked dammed hard in reserves to be ready....if not ready they don't get called up again.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Just on something else I'm hoping falls under 'other stuff', has anyone heard or have inside info on whether we will be at Magic Round next year. Looking at planning a trip over for my sons 18th but not going if Tigers are not playing.
Birthday is in November so I at least want to tell him that's what we're doing, even if all the logistics don't get sorted until next year.

Nutz

Bench
Sheens wanted Nofo gone ..Benji said no he’s staying. Thats the end of that..Thankfully.
Benji wants top guns and the minimum number of “he tries hard” type players ..therefore Twal stayed and Seyfarth went
I don't exactly get your post. Dollar for dollar Seyfarth is a great developing benchie.
You say thankfully, so are your saying Noffa is the best winger option? Too slow. He would get burnt by edgies let alone a player like Walsh.