What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
Just on something else I'm hoping falls under 'other stuff', has anyone heard or have inside info on whether we will be at Magic Round next year. Looking at planning a trip over for my sons 18th but not going if Tigers are not playing.
Birthday is in November so I at least want to tell him that's what we're doing, even if all the logistics don't get sorted until next year.
I haven't got time to help you my friend but if noone here can help just phone the club, they helped me last year with a similar question.

WA Tiger

Bench
I don't exactly get your post. Dollar for dollar Seyfarth is a great developing benchie.
I feel like I’ve had this conversation before..was it last Thurs with kk... One low cost forward that tries hard,that’s Twal, is enough. We’ve been waiting for all these low cost players to mature / develop for too long..It’s time to clear the decks and get a move on..Nofos got game IQ across the park. I’ll take that. That’s why he’s staying..
Do you get it now ?

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Y
I feel like I’ve had this conversation before..was it last Thurs with kk... One low cost forward that tries hard,that’s Twal, is enough. We’ve been waiting for all these low cost players to mature / develop for too long..It’s time to clear the decks and get a move on..Nofos got game IQ across the park. I’ll take that. That’s why he’s staying..
Do you get it now ?
You seem to know what your talking about WAT so I'll take your word for it.
I'll sign off nicer,
cheers mate!

WA Tiger

Bench
Y

You seem to know what your talking about WAT so I'll take your word for it.
I'll sign off nicer,
cheers mate!
I go off hunches cos 1/2 the time there’s no choice...disagreement is inevitable. It doesn’t mean you bow out. I can’t think of anything more disagreeable than forever agreeable league talk..besides it’s not possible.

Nutz

Bench
I go off hunches cos 1/2 the time there’s no choice...disagreement is inevitable. It doesn’t mean you bow out. I can’t think of anything more disagreeable than forever agreeable league talk..besides it’s not possible.
I understand where your coming from but let's respect each other brother, cheers.

WA Tiger

Bench
It’s your choice if you want to be in every conversation. Maybe leave some let them hover. It was your choice to “not get” what I was talking about. The tone had already been set before my reply

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
I don't know how I feel about this one TM. James is likely to become motivated enough to build a wrecking ball frame and make us regret letting him go like we've done with many players. Seyfarth is another who I believe can take it to another level.
What's your thoughts?
I certainly like them both, and we can’t keep them all, but we need to trust the coaches that they know what they are doing, looks like they are seeing things we can’t.

If it turns to shit, then we roast them. Lol

Perth Tiger

Bench
I am sure James will end up as successful as Austin Dias and Tuilagi.

Seyfarth is a decent squad player but he is not a difference maker. If someone is offering him more he should take it and given our top 30 seems pretty stacked with forwards we definitely shouldn't be matching any higher offers

Tigerm

Coach
I am sure James will end up as successful as Austin Dias and Tuilagi.

Seyfarth is a decent squad player but he is not a difference maker. If someone is offering him more he should take it and given our top 30 seems pretty stacked with forwards we definitely shouldn't be matching any higher offers
Agree, but you need depth and we’ve possibly just lost 2, they need to be replaced and it takes time develop forwards.

WA Tiger

Bench
West tigers “the development club”..what players develop into tho is anyone’s guess..
Has nobody heard we aren’t settling for mediocrity any more..and there’s no Madge to scare top players away and the dressing room is good

I keep thinking I have to watch James today on game day, but I keep missing him..He can’t be that good…

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
Agree, but you need depth and we’ve possibly just lost 2, they need to be replaced and it takes time develop forwards.
Fainu is already an upgrade on Seyfarth and I am guessing they are relying on our fabled juniors like kit to serve as a replacement for James

Tigerm

Coach
Fainu is already an upgrade on Seyfarth and I am guessing they are relying on our fabled juniors like kit to serve as a replacement for James
Has Fainu played in the NRL?

Its a big call to throw a debutant or any kid into the top 30 and expect he will be an upgrade on a seasoned player.

But even if he is, we need to replace the blokes who leave, and if the ones who are rumoured to be going, we need more than an up & comer?

TBF to these blokes, I’ve missed a fair bit of the season, being away, and haven't seen many of them play, but maybe they have some others coming, I hope so.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
I certainly like them both, and we can’t keep them all, but we need to trust the coaches that they know what they are doing, looks like they are seeing things we can’t.

If it turns to shit, then we roast them. Lol
Yep that's all we can do.
Marshall and Morris has a ring to it. M&M's

Tigerm

Coach

'Crazy' new rule set to flip NRL player market​

The clause will give incumbent clubs a 10-day period to convince a player not to join a rival team.

Last edited: