What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
I'm happy that Noffa has given this forum the shitesters.
It's an indication that we all want a change from mediocrity.
Noone is bigger that the club or fellow players.
Fancy running off to the RLPA. Is he telling us that this couldn't be sorted out at club level.
If it couldn't, then it's an indication that he definitely on the outer.
Shame really, but stand firm Benji, it's a defining moment in your future coaching career.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Yeah, that's the final nail in the coffin for me with Nofa. I really loved the bloke for a long time. It felt like he was the heart and soul of Wests Tigers...but I think that's done now. If Benji can't motivate him then I don't know who can. To be honest, him and Douihi are the last of the "completely shithouse" years. Once they are gone, it's basically an entirely new roster under Benji.

I'm going to make the assumption that we have 1 million in the cap spare for 2023. We front loaded the shit out of a lot of players salaries so it really wouldn't surprise me. That's AFB money right there. Then you have Nofa (500k) and Doeuihi (600k). Move them both on and that's Luai's salary in 2024.

My other guess is that we are pushing for Blore / Olam swap, and Melbourne to cover the difference for 2024. In 2025, Luai arrives and we move Sezer on, or at least reduce his deal to cover Olam.

1. Bula
2. Steines
3. To'a
4. Olam
5. Tupou
6. Luai
7. Sullivan
8. Stefano
9. Api
10. AFB
11. Papali'i
12. Bateman
13. Klemmer

14. Da Silva
15. Twal
16. Pole
17. Kepoa/Seyfarth/Fainu

If this all goes well, we will have the best roster in the history of Wests Tigers for 2025. Players like Stefano and Papali'i will want to re-sign, and if they don't, it will be much easier slotting in a young gun into the 2026 side than it was for the past 15 years.

I have a strong feeling we will be making the top 8 of the bottom half this year

Nutz

Bench
I wouldn't expect the club to say anything at this stage, but no one is denying it hasn't happened.
This is something that can't be made up. Imagine the repercussions if it was.
He knows the writings on the wall and is sooking.

TroyJax

Juniors
Well, not training is probably the quickest way to get punted?
If you were owed a million dollars under contract for 24 & 25 and are at the end of your career in the NRL, but still have interest overseas, the last thing you would do to get your point across would be to breach your contract - which refusing to train surely does.
There is more to the story.

TroyJax

Juniors
I wouldn't expect the club to say anything at this stage, but no one is denying it hasn't happened.
Chammas never contacted the club for comment?
He just printed secondhand gossip?
No other media organisation followed up?…come on.

Tigerm

First Grade
Chammas never contacted the club for comment?
He just printed secondhand gossip?
No other media organisation followed up?…come on.
“No other media organisation followed up”
Are you serious, every news outlet is running with it.
He has form with whinging if he doesn’t get his way.
Anyway, we will see what happens over the coming days to get a handle on how serious it is?

Nutz

Bench
If it was made up, which I believe it isn't, imagine the fallout just when we're trying to sign marquee players.
The club would have to make an announcement to clarify things wouldn't they?
It's difficult this one. Previous media statements from Lee or Pascoe have been a disaster. Maybe best to shut up and let it run it's course.
One thing is certain, starving journos are all over our club waiting for someone to fart.

Tigerm

First Grade
If it was made up, which I believe it isn't, imagine the fallout just when we're trying to sign marquee players.
It's difficult this one. Previous media statements from Lee or Pascoe have been a disaster. Maybe best to shut up and let it run it's course.
One thing is certain, starving journos are all over our club waiting for someone to fart.
Nothing like a good WT trashing story to start their weekends off?
What ever happens now, this shit will stick to the club for a while.

WA Tiger

Bench
It’s real. I like the example it sets for the other players..who’s going to be slack now?…this could be a line in the sand moment and a very positive development for the club. Especially if nofo comes out of it in better physical shape.
You can bet Benjis on the phone to Bennett for advice. They’re always talking apparently. And that’ll prob continue until if we become a real threat

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
It’s real. I like the example it sets for the other players..who’s going to be slack now?…this could be a line in the sand moment and a very positive development for the club. Especially if nofo comes out of it in better physical shape.
You can bet Benjis on the phone to Bennett for advice. They’re always talking apparently. And that’ll prob continue until if we become a real threat
Meme Reaction GIF

TroyJax

Juniors
“No other media organisation followed up”
Are you serious, every news outlet is running with it.
He has form with whinging if he doesn’t get his way.
Anyway, we will see what happens over the coming days to get a handle on how serious it is?
They are repeating the same shit. They haven’t followed up and sought answers in any way.

TroyJax

Juniors
That’s why you have to control the narrative. Lee and Pascoe can shut up, they haven’t got the subtly nor knowledge. We haven’t got a footy manager so this is Benji’s job.
Don’t let journos stir up fan forums as that’s where rumours come from…this club never learns.

Tigerm

First Grade
They are repeating the same shit. They haven’t followed up and sought answers in any way.
That’s the point, they are all saying the same thing?
None of us can say, if they independently checked this, but it wouldn’t be too hard, I would have thought? Ask the RLPA.

Tigerm

First Grade
That’s why you have to control the narrative. Lee and Pascoe can shut up, they haven’t got the subtly nor knowledge. We haven’t got a footy manager so this is Benji’s job.
Don’t let journos stir up fan forums as that’s where rumours come from…this club never learns.
We do have a football manager, his name is Mathew Betsey.

But it should be noted the club has yet to make any comment. But if a comment does come, you would expect it to be from the board, via Pascoe.

But the damage has already been done.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Pascoe and the godfather know to shut up now…They are watching Benji save their spots at the club as each day passes. And they are loving it. There’s some real tough and league savy hombres running the on field stuff now and likely all in sync with Benji (and prob Robbie as his confidant) as their conductor

Last edited: