What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
Shane Richardson and Benji Marshall met with Adam Doueihi last week and indicated they’re open to him remaining at the club given his versatility, but have told him they want to assess him upon his return before they make a final decision (Telegraph)
———————-
IMO, this is a bit surprising tbh, he shouldn’t get the money he’s currently on, so will be interesting how this plays out, he’s only taking a spot from one of the young guns, who in turn may leave.
Unfortunately for him, his knee is just too dodgy?

Wizardman

First Grade
NBWT
Shane Richardson and Benji Marshall met with Adam Doueihi last week and indicated they’re open to him remaining at the club given his versatility, but have told him they want to assess him upon his return before they make a final decision (Telegraph)
———————-
IMO, this is a bit surprising tbh, he shouldn’t get the money he’s currently on, so will be interesting how this plays out, he’s only taking a spot from one of the young guns, who in turn may leave.
Lip service to the media and Douhei.....it would be bad publicity to tell a big money player publicly to gtfo and not a smart way to motivate a player we may need down the stretch this year.

I'd bet a good amount of money he won't be at the club in 2025.

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench
NBWT
———————-
They have to be ruthless. Would the roosters or storm keep him with a dodgy knee? Unlikely. You can sign a gun for what he is on, and he will never be a gun

Wizardman

First Grade
They have to be ruthless. Would the roosters or storm keep him with a dodgy knee? Unlikely. You can sign a gun for what he is on, and he will never be a gun
Honestly.....he is the most overrated footballer we have had in the club for a very long time. Too immobile to be a fullback with the turning circle of the Titanic, not quick or defensively good enough to hold a centre spot and we have some much more able halves at the club right now as well as coming in 2025. If anybody dare suggests that he can play lock, you need to give yourself an uppercut. This is not even mentioning the large amount of money he is on as well as very dodgy knees.

I give him no chance to be here in 2025.

Nutz

Bench
Honestly.....he is the most overrated footballer we have had in the club for a very long time. Too immobile to be a fullback with the turning circle of the Titanic, not quick or defensively good enough to hold a centre spot and we have some much more able halves at the club right now as well as coming in 2025. If anybody dare suggests that he can play lock, you need to give yourself an uppercut. This is not even mentioning the large amount of money he is on as well as very dodgy knees.

Yeh he's sus with head on D, and doesn't have an upside to his game to warrant a decent contract.
I suggest he goes to ESL and try to get some form over there then he may attract interest back in oz.
I'd like to see someone like Bostok join us from the Dolphins in 2026 as he has the same build as AD but has more to his game and is fit and young.
But for the moment we have a couple of similar tall backs that could possibly do the job in Lobb and Alaimalo.

simmo05

Bench

He is a worse version of mbye

BrotherJim05

Bench
360 already shitting all over Benji. Cherry picked quotes from players saying he's relaxed coach into Benji saying he's not a 24/7 coach into Kenty claiming he spends his time playing golf and not bothering with video etc etc. Basically insinuating he isn't putting in the hard work.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried but ffs let us play a few games first.

That being said, if Wayne Bennet wants a job bring him on as interim Head Coach to help Benji complete his apprenticeship

Tigerm

First Grade
Yeah, results are everything at this level.
I reckon he's got a free pass this year (though I still have hopes) but he will need to do something special next year.

Nutz

Bench
360 already shitting all over Benji. Cherry picked quotes from players saying he's relaxed coach into Benji saying he's not a 24/7 coach into Kenty claiming he spends his time playing golf and not bothering with video etc etc. Basically insinuating he isn't putting in the hard work.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried but ffs let us play a few games first.

That being said, if Wayne Bennet wants a job bring him on as interim Head Coach to help Benji complete his apprenticeship
Benji is an axe murderer and should be given life.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Yeah, the Murdoch media is gunning for him. Luck for him he is not a female or they would be calling him a witch and wanting him burnt alive.

Clearly Fox and the Telegraph believe we should all do things the way they have always been done for two reasons.
1 They have always been done the same way.
2 Everybody else does it the same way.

Munky

Coach

Also gave up on plays if beaten in defence and wouldn't chase. He'd just watch the play unfold.

95% of the time if you turn and chase the opposition still scores.

They score 100% of the time you don't.

I hope Penrith don't try and get him cheap next year as a utility. A poor man's Jaeman Salmon.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Paul Kent of late has been banging on about how no one should judge anyone until they know all the facts. Fair enough based on his recent experience.

That lasted about a week before he made comments about Benji working just 6 hours a day. When questioned if that was true he admitted he had no idea how many hours a day Benji worked. He also said it wasn't going to set a good example with Benji playing golf 3 times a week. When asked if that was true he said he didn't know but he knows Benji likes to play a round or two.

Kent has clearly moved on and forgotten what it is like to be accused of something that is not true. Now his court case is over he has returned to having no consideration for other people's reputation.

Tigerm

First Grade
Here is a good counter argument to what the Telegraph and Fox have been saying about Benji.

If we get walloped, prepare for the “I told you so” crowd.

I think a first up win, is important though, for both players and fans confidence, I am a firm believer that the coach can only get you ready to cross the white line, what happens after that is on the players.

The players are well paid and should have the skills to play the game, it comes down desire and discipline imo, to want to do the hard stuff for your mates and your club.

Nutz

Bench
Paul Kent of late has been banging on about how no one should judge anyone until they know all the facts. Fair enough based on his recent experience.

That lasted about a week before he made comments about Benji working just 6 hours a day. When questioned if that was true he admitted he had no idea how many hours a day Benji worked. He also said it wasn't going to set a good example with Benji playing golf 3 times a week. When asked if that was true he said he didn't know but he knows Benji likes to play a round or two.

Kent has clearly moved on and forgotten what it is like to be accused of something that is not true. Now his court case is over he has returned to having no consideration for other people's reputation.
If I was one of the other journos on 360 I'd tell Kent to stop yelling.
As you eluded to he's forgotten his place already.
If someone went through the ordeal of being persecuted for being a domestically violent person you would think that after returning to work, he wouldn't demonstrate traits of a dominant ruthless person.
Sounds like a duck.

Tigerm

First Grade
Last edited: