What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

gordsy

Juniors
Having thought about this again I see what you are saying but prob not a good example to use .I mean there’s dragging people through the mud then there’s dragging people through the mud..I trust the difference is obvious to you…Only the seriously hateful or insensitive could use kents as an example for how to in future conduct a rugby league conversation..as I said I’m sure we are talking about other people having this view.
And I’ll stand by my original comments as a woman would if in Kent’s situation, who’s involved in a molestation/ rape case and a bloke bowles up with the same insensitive comments from Knutz that she should learn from that. It’s just off!
Male suicide is far greater than women’s. Who gives a shit right?
My point is this, I'm sure Kent didn't appreciate being called a grub, a wife basher and having to be sidelined for a year but he seems to quickly forget that hurt when he slams anyone for ratings and clout. That doesn't make sense to me.

My point is this, I'm sure Kent didn't appreciate being called a grub, a wife basher and having to be sidelined for a year but he seems to quickly forget that hurt when he slams anyone for ratings and clout. That doesn't make sense to me.
Me either. You'd think he'd be able to transfer his own experience onto others and be a bit empathetic to their situation. However he seems to have gone the other way and become dirty on the world. Or dirtier than he was.

Having said that, everyone on that show is employed to stir up drama, either real, imagined, or manufactured. It seems to be what people want these days. whether it be sport, news, politics, entertainment etc.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, remember every Friday when you'd get the league liftout in the paper? Each game would be analysed with the players in each teams, potential injury worries, possible game plans and pitfalls to be avoided. Plus a prediction at the end. Then on Monday the same journo would write their summary of the game, the actual game plan employed, what worked and what didn't, and a 'where to next week.' They'd even acknowledge when they got something wrong.

Those were the days when journos were actually journalists in the true sense of the word. They actually had to know a bit about the game. They reported what they believed would happen and then review what actually happened. They had an opinion about tactics and game plans. There was a bit of player X may go to club Y but that was mostly in the off season. You never used to hear things like that coach has lost the dressing room, that player is off with his team-mates, or any other unsubstantiated gossip using undisclosed sources.

Man, I miss those days.

gordsy

Juniors
Me either. You'd think he'd be able to transfer his own experience onto others and be a bit empathetic to their situation. However he seems to have gone the other way and become dirty on the world. Or dirtier than he was.

Having said that, everyone on that show is employed to stir up drama, either real, imagined, or manufactured. It seems to be what people want these days. whether it be sport, news, politics, entertainment etc.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, remember every Friday when you'd get the league liftout in the paper? Each game would be analysed with the players in each teams, potential injury worries, possible game plans and pitfalls to be avoided. Plus a prediction at the end. Then on Monday the same journo would write their summary of the game, the actual game plan employed, what worked and what didn't, and a 'where to next week.' They'd even acknowledge when they got something wrong.

Those were the days when journos were actually journalists in the true sense of the word. They actually had to know a bit about the game. They reported what they believed would happen and then review what actually happened. They had an opinion about tactics and game plans. There was a bit of player X may go to club Y but that was mostly in the off season. You never used to hear things like that coach has lost the dressing room, that player is off with his team-mates, or any other unsubstantiated gossip using undisclosed sources.

Man, I miss those days.
This is one of the most accurate posts I have ever read on here.

WA Tiger

Bench
Yes I saw where you were coming from however in the real world? what Kent was accused of doing and the potential consequences are a bit different to the consequences for people he calls out involved in the game..
Kent’s potential consequences
1Jail
2Unemployment benefit
3 Complete destruction of reputation and purpose in life
4Humiliation/ depression while being ridiculed from all directions
5 Potentially suicide
6 and potentially piss and cum in his breakfast and getting beaten up stabbed and ultimately FUTArse when in jail for something he didn’t do

come on guys delve a little deeper. Benjis just pissed off and can prove his doubters wrong. And He has categorically stated he isn’t going to be a 24/7 coach. So Kent’s comments had some justification.

All it would take is a judge to have had personal experience with DV and he/ she can and has in the past brought down the curtains on an innocent life, literally. ….compared to Kent doing his job and having an unflattering opinion on someone playing or coaching rugby league..The two examples are so different I keep being surprised you think there’s a link between the two and therefore empathy from Kent should be forthcoming?
To me that makes no sense and I doubt if you found yourself in Kent’s position (and you could easily) you would change in the manner you have described.. In a million years.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Lomax would be good signing for us. We've got the worst backline in the comp, anyone who says he wouldn't add anything to our team is kidding themselves. He's definitely got flaws in his game, but he's head & shoulders above any other player we have lined up in the centres.
Yes, he is tall hahahaha

WA Tiger

Bench
Only me and someone else said yes when Lorax’s last contract was up or was he just on the outer for an “apparent” drop in form at the time, not that long ago.. too late for a yes from everyone now. He’s in form now, apparently.

Last edited:
Lomax would be good signing for us. We've got the worst backline in the comp, anyone who says he wouldn't add anything to our team is kidding themselves. He's definitely got flaws in his game, but he's head & shoulders above any other player we have lined up in the centres.
He's on $800K with saints for the next 2 years after this one. We'd be able to get them to pony up some of that. Maybe half. He's a priority signing in my book.

WA Tiger

Bench
He's on $800K with saints for the next 2 years after this one. We'd be able to get them to pony up some of that. Maybe half. He's a priority signing in my book.
On a good day.. otherwise more likely 200 / 1/4 at the most..because of his good form and class..assuming he likes the orange jersey and our current centres flop..

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

STORM’S $800K ENFORCER AT CROSSROADS

Big, bad Nelson Asofa-Solomona was widely regarded as the most damaging front row forward in the game a couple of seasons ago.

A giant of a man with an equally big motor and an underrated soft pair of hands, big Nelson, James Fisher Harris and Jared Waerea-Hargreaves all had a struck match between them as the most physical and dominant props in the game.

Right now Asofa-Solomona is at a crossroads after returning to the Melbourne Storm pre-season overweight and struggling with a hamstring injury.

We’re still yet to see big Nelson this season and even when we do it will most likely be through one of the Melbourne Storm’s feeder clubs the Sunshine Coast Falcons or the North Sydney Bears.

Big Nelson has fallen out of favour at the Storm to the point where rival clubs are monitoring the situation and crunching the numbers should Melbourne decide to make a hardline decision.

Asofa-Solomona is extremely close with Melbourne chairman Matt Tripp to the point where it took the Storm boss to convince him to refrain from making the switch to rugby union last season.

On a four-year deal worth around $800,000-a-season, the Storm have never shown a propensity for retaining players who aren’t completely invested in what the team is trying to achieve.

There’s nothing happened yet but there’s certainly a big watch on what happens next for big NAS.
—————-
The off season has come early?

gordsy

Juniors
So we want to sign a fat unfit guy that Bellamy doesn't want. That doesn't sound at all dumb/
Especially considering we would need to spend a mill plus to get him.

Tigerm

First Grade
So we want to sign a fat unfit guy that Bellamy doesn't want. That doesn't sound at all dumb/
Especially considering we would need to spend a mill plus to get him.
As far as I know, no one has mentioned the club is looking at him, not even sure his is available, though I would be surprised if we along with every other club isn't, if he is.
But we do need a forward who can take us forward.
I don't know anything about him, if you are saying he is unfit, then that could be sorted out, resolves him being fat as well?
Anyway, Richo declined to pursue AFB, so I don't think we'd be looking too hard.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

I brought this up before.
Anyone else think we could use a strong, tall, goal licking centre on the books?

The Eels won’t be the only club in the queue either with the Sydney Roosters, Wests Tigers and the Melbourne Storm also believed to be monitoring the situation.
—————
Well, according to the journos, we are being mentioned, that’s a start

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
Richo touched on the club likely looking for ‘3-4’ players for 2025.

Says they’ve got their spine, got their key players and have their good kids, but need to boost the ‘middle’ tier of the roster, while also needing a ‘go to’ outside back.

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT
Richo touched on the club likely looking for ‘3-4’ players for 2025.

Says they’ve got their spine, got their key players and have their good kids, but need to boost the ‘middle’ tier of the roster, while also needing a ‘go to’ outside back.
Looks like an opportunity for one of our new lads to step up and grab that spot.

Latest posts