What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The unknown

Juniors
Well atleast the Matulino stuff is finally sorted, feel bad for the guy but he had obvious bung knees even at the Warriors so it was bound to happen eventually

Still felt he gave it a decent crack just his knees weren't up to it

Now If don't sign a gun forward with the excess $$$ over I'll be pissed

Tcoggs

Juniors
If true that is crap. I'm hopeful we announce a signing soon that makes it clear what has happened with Matterson.

Tiger05,i reckon we did a deal somewhere..and it will come out after Nov 1 today.
We wouldnt just let him leave without compensation surely...

Hoofhearted

Juniors
thats serious salary cap money right there.
After 2021 we will have even more without Packer and Reynolds.....another 1.5 million.
It was reported yesterday that we'll have almost $5m for 2021, around 10 players off contract including Benji, Lawrence, Reynolds, Packer, McQueen, Taylor, although I'm not sure if that figure also includes Matterson and Matulino.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Madge said on BSB this morning that center and prop are the two main spots he is targetting, however he is also looking at 'anyone of quality across the park'

So my guess is that Arrow and Lomax are the two he is after

Madge said on BSB this morning that center and prop are the two main spots he is targetting, however he is also looking at 'anyone of quality across the park'

That speaks to me that Mbye will not feature in the three quarter line come round one next year.

super_coach

First Grade
St George do not want to release Lomax, so he might be on our radar for 2021 season when he is off contract.
Funny how we are always willing to release a contract, while other clubs stick to their guns.

Tiger05

First Grade
Tiger05,i reckon we did a deal somewhere..and it will come out after Nov 1 today.
We wouldnt just let him leave without compensation surely...

I was hoping this but reading the other forum I don't think this has happened. I think we will end up with a good signing but I think we just let Matterson go because he is a merkin.

WT2K

Juniors
Need to fill 4 spots before the season starts.
Most likely see signings pickup over the next few weeks for all clubs

Vic Mackey

Referee
St George do not want to release Lomax, so he might be on our radar for 2021 season when he is off contract.
Funny how we are always willing to release a contract, while other clubs stick to their guns.

yep

however if he gets signed for 2021 that may change their mind