What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The unknown

Juniors
Buying Reynolds was much riskier, we were basically in the pits and needed a lifeline and handed the keys to a dude with bung hamstrings and who's best footy was probably way past him. (and it never really turned out great did it)

Sure LM is going to cost a tad more, but he still most likely has his best footy infront of him, has won 2 GFs, played origin and for his country all at the ripe age of 22. And like many others have said, talent wise he is probably the most naturally gifted player in the game.

I'd say we are a much more stable club now than what we were when we bought Reynolds, and LM is the exact type of game breaker we need

Tigerm

First Grade
Buying Reynolds was much riskier, we were basically in the pits and needed a lifeline and handed the keys to a dude with bung hamstrings and who's best footy was probably way past him. (and it never really turned out great did it)

Sure LM is going to cost a tad more, but he still most likely has his best footy infront of him, has won 2 GFs, played origin and for his country all at the ripe age of 22. And like many others have said, talent wise he is probably the most naturally gifted player in the game.

I'd say we are a much more stable club now than what we were when we bought Reynolds, and LM is the exact type of game breaker we need
X2

Tiger05

First Grade

Great post.

Tiger05

First Grade
The Tigers remain confident they will sign Latrell Mitchell, with all parties hopeful of an outcome as soon as this week. The NSW and Australian centre has a three-year offer on the table from 2021, which will effectively become a four-year deal once he is officially released from the Roosters. There have been suggestions South Sydney could make a late bid to snare Mitchell, although it’s unlikely the premiers would release the star centre to their arch rivals.

This is from the SMH. I have as much confidence in this as any other piece of crap that journos write but the point is we have to relax for a week or two at least.

gordynz

Juniors
Tigers have offered $1mil for Mitchell?
Am I the only Tigers supporter who thinks this is a bad choice for the money?
If LM does sign, I predict that he'll have 'mental health issues' before the end of the season.

He's talented for sure but he switches off during games. Doesn't back up. Plays for himself. Poor attitude. Has too many people blowing smoke up his arse. [Taking advice from The Mouth Mundine will not be doing him any favours ] Too inconsistent to play fullback.

$1mil could be way better spent. Even if that means waiting a year for new signings.

Hes the best player on the market currently and miles ahead of anyone on our current roster, we have money to spend so I would happily sign him for $1million per season. Hes not going to do a Matterson at that price and if he did, he could almost piss away his career as no club would want to risk him. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if the NRL made changes to contract terminations in the near future with the amount of bad faith rolling around the joint, makes our game look like a complete joke.

It’s understandable that the frustration and anxiety is getting to people.

But we have put a bit of time and effort into it and we don’t want to let this short delay get the better of us.

It’s not just about signing an elite player who will almost certainly take us deep into the finals and start the repair of our damaged backline but what he represents in terms of kudos and a statement to the rugby league world that we are no longer a transition club.

If we miss out, the war chest remains massive for the waterfall of talent coming onto the market over the next few years and we simply go back to our target players, the ones Madge has in his sights.

If I was lm or his agent, I would be stupid not to consider every approach and offer out there. It’s business and I don’t think it’s just about money.

One thing I like about Madge is that he shares his emotion with us, he’s a very good interface between club, players and fans. He’s 150% into the Tigers, he’s an international coach, hes value added to many players games and a quality individual in all facets of public life. Very few people have a better understanding of the modern game or as many connections.

He’s actually a lot more important than Lm!

We have an outstanding chairperson now and no doubt many clubs are jealous of our illustrious high profile sponsors.

There’s a lot of blue sky opportunity here for Latrell or any other player who wants to have a red hot go.

Destination Tigers.

Last edited:

BalmainBoy_1969

Juniors
Tigers have offered $1mil for Mitchell?
Am I the only Tigers supporter who thinks this is a bad choice for the money?
If LM does sign, I predict that he'll have 'mental health issues' before the end of the season.

He's talented for sure but he switches off during games. Doesn't back up. Plays for himself. Poor attitude. Has too many people blowing smoke up his arse. [Taking advice from The Mouth Mundine will not be doing him any favours ] Too inconsistent to play fullback.

$1mil could be way better spent. Even if that means waiting a year for new signings.

You are not the only one who thinks $1mil is too much for LM. I agree with pretty much everything you said.

WA Tiger

Bench
I think Lattrel wants to be acknowledged as the best player on the planet after what he’s been through at the Roosters ...He’s loving the fanfare over himself at the moment and geez who wouldn’t in his situation...He may even be sending a message to Trent about who is the real boss ...I liked how the tigers said he would be the greatest signing for the WT since Ellery Hanley ..big call for sure but geez that guy was good to watch...That was a different era bear in mind....There weren’t any really big fast outside backs back then, or big forwards for that matter.

Last edited:
I think Lattrel wants to be acknowledged as the best player on the planet after what he’s been through at the Roosters ...He’s loving the fanfare over himself at the moment and geez who wouldn’t in his situation...He may be even be sending a message to Trent about who is the real boss ...I liked how the tigers said he would be the greatest signing for the WT since Ellery Hanley ..big call for sure but geez that guy was good to watch...That was a different era bear in mind....There weren’t any really big fast outside backs back then, or big forwards for that matter.

I just think he had a very bad falling out with roosters. They let him have that break and then felt he wasn’t grateful enough. They had problems with other players as well such as Crichton. But they won the gf, so they got through it. Statistically, he’s a critical player for them, so their anger and hurt is very real.

Tigerm

First Grade
If we miss out, the war chest remains massive for the waterfall of talent coming onto the market over the next few years and we simply go back to our target players, the ones Madge has in his sights.

For me, this is the problem, if we don't have other negotiation going, and we miss LM then (as I understand it) the cap money has to be spent or we cop a penalty (not sure how big that is)?
I am sure they have this covered, but there are not too many good players on the market ATM and we have lost a bit of talent that has to be replaced or we are going to fall in a hole.

I like and think Madge will be good for us, but where is the communication from him or the club in regards to signings. They had $1.8m to spend and all I know is we have signed some reserve graders & development players, the management will be held accountable if they f**k this up.

WA Tiger

Bench
I just think he had a very bad falling out with roosters. They let him have that break and then felt he wasn’t grateful enough. They had problems with other players as well such as Crichton. But they won the gf, so they got through it. Statistically, he’s a critical player for them, so their anger and hurt is very real.
Ok ...It’s like with Michael Jordon ..You just have to adjust (I would imagine)

For me, this is the problem, if we don't have other negotiation going, and we miss LM then (as I understand it) the cap money has to be spent or we cop a penalty (not sure how big that is)?
I am sure they have this covered, but there are not too many good players on the market ATM and we have lost a bit of talent that has to be replaced or we are going to fall in a hole.

I like and think Madge will be good for us, but where is the communication from him or the club in regards to signings. They had $1.8m to spend and all I know is we have signed some reserve graders & development players, the management will be held accountable if they f**k this up.

Some really good points there.

WA Tiger

Bench

(1) Money will always talk (2) Great clubs will always come and go (3) Humble clubs will always rise... look at the past to predict the future

Ok It’s like with Michael Jordon ..You just have to adjust (I would imagine)

He scored 270 points or something outrageous like that and his X factor is off the scale. If he could impart a small clump of his knowledge and footballing acumen to our other backs, it would raise our standard in proportion. He sees opportunities other players don’t. Gi was of a similar ilk.

Tiger05

First Grade
where is the communication from him or the club in regards to signings.

They release official signing information to me appropriately.

They had $1.8m to spend and all I know is we have signed some reserve graders & development players, the management will be held accountable if they f**k this up.

I disagree. I think it's a much bigger f**k up for instance when we bought Reynolds, Packer and Matulino. Wasting the money on long term contracts on players who aren't elite is more of a problem than missing out on marquee players.

I think the club is purchasing quality juniors and trying to purchase the right players.

I think the main problem here is all the media palava and the fans (us) getting worked up.

WA Tiger

Bench
. Like I say we only need Lattrel to play 12 games a year ..You’ve prob seen this ..just in case u havnt