What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Vic Mackey

Referee
Been revealed in the CEO/Coach interviews on the WT site Tim Grant has an option in his favour for next year and there's an offer on the table for Kev Naquima

Seems unlikely Idris will be offered anything

FWIT someone on the official forum who generally had good mail is saying that Taane Milne and Corey Thompson are both in cooling off periods with the club.

Tiger05

First Grade
I liked Idris to stay at the club but I get where Cleary is coming from. Will he be able to make it back ? Should we pay for his rehab ?

I haven't watched either Milne or Thompson. Can they play ?

Radical Rat

Juniors
I liked Idris to stay at the club but I get where Cleary is coming from. Will he be able to make it back ? Should we pay for his rehab ?

I haven't watched either Milne or Thompson. Can they play ?

Milne is an exciting talent. Burst onto the scene last year for the Dragons. Would fill a centre spot no problems.

Thompson is a 4 foot midget. Decent finisher with a bit of speed. Not a fan at all and only for depth.

Clifferd

Coach
Milne is a gun. He reminds me of a BJ clone but more disciplined. Watch him carve up whatever edge he plays against tomorrow

I really hope we get him, he's an aggressive player

Clifferd

Coach
Changed my backline if said rumours are true

1. Lolohea
2. Nofoluama
3. Suli
4. Milne
5. MWZ
6. Renoylds
7. Brooks

Pretty balanced backline right there with plenty of depth

Tiger05

First Grade
Good to hear about Milne. I hope we get him. I think we've signed Fonua as well. I assume that he will get the spot over MWZ but that is just a guess.

That backline actually looks decent.

Clifferd

Coach
Good to hear about Milne. I hope we get him. I think we've signed Fonua as well. I assume that he will get the spot over MWZ but that is just a guess.

That backline actually looks decent.

Forgot about Fonua, there will be a lot of competition for spots anyway so that's a good headache to have

Tigerm

First Grade
Changed my backline if said rumours are true

1. Lolohea
2. Nofoluama
3. Suli
4. Milne
5. MWZ
6. Renoylds
7. Brooks

Pretty balanced backline right there with plenty of depth
And it appears, that no player is within Cooee of SOO selection for the next few years, which will give us a good roll on over that period.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Forgot about Fonua, there will be a lot of competition for spots anyway so that's a good headache to have

There is nothing official but I am pretty sure we've signed him. I don't know how good he will be but hopefully it'll be like having two Nofo's belting it up at the start of every set.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Yeah seems ivan is building more of a squad as opposed to just a few big names and then rubbish to back them up. I like it as big name signings generally haven't worked out well for us.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Taane Milne is an absolute gun. He played in the centres alongside Tepai Moeroa (Eels 2ROW) in the Newingston 1st XV about 4 years ago. He was the standout of the two back then. If we sign him it will be huge. Fingers crossed!

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we had just been able to keep f**king Tedesco! I can deal with Moses and Woods leaving...I mean f**k I could deal with Brooks leaving as well if it really came to it. Tedesco was the Benji Marshall of this era, I don't think we will see his like again (and now his watch has ended)

Tiger05

First Grade
If we had just been able to keep f**king Tedesco! I can deal with Moses and Woods leaving...I mean f**k I could deal with Brooks leaving as well if it really came to it. Tedesco was the Benji Marshall of this era, I don't think we will see his like again (and now his watch has ended)

He is a merkin of a person though. I mean it's not like the club didn't go out of there way to retain him. Woods leaving for the money is good for us. I think Moses will work out a positive for us as well. Brooks is probably still overpaid by us and he needs to improve to be worth retaining.

Tedesco in our team next year would have worked great. What can you do though. He is a merkin.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
If we keep Tedesco, we probably don't sign two of Rusty, Matulino and Reynolds. I'd prefer them over him. We now have a more complete side. It's a catch-22 - Tedesco can only be his best behind a strong forward pack, but we have to let him go to have a strong forward pack. In the end I think we did the right thing.

Clifferd

Coach
If we keep Tedesco, we probably don't sign two of Rusty, Matulino and Reynolds. I'd prefer them over him. We now have a more complete side. It's a catch-22 - Tedesco can only be his best behind a strong forward pack, but we have to let him go to have a strong forward pack. In the end I think we did the right thing.

It's hard to say, apparently we still have tons of money in the bank - enough to buy atleast one more marquee player I'd say. So there's every chance we could have re-signed Tedesco and signed everyone we have now.

However since hypotheticals are fun I'll say we don't get Reynolds and a couple of the depth signings if we sign Teddy. Clearys main priority has been a tough forward pack and the connection with Matulino and Packer was established well before we nabbed them

Tiger Ted

Bench
The fact is we bent over backwards for the shitbag in order to retain him.

I don't give a f**k about this unconscionable ingrate as we have & continue to assemble a very competitive NRL TEAM bereft of scumbag greedy destabilising egomaniacs !!

My crystal ball tells me we will win a comp b4 any of the 3 oxygen thieves do !

The rorters seem to be able to manage to have a stellar forward pack and then buy Tedesco as well. They must have the greatest team of accountants in the world. Probably the same bean counters who seem to find an extra 5,000 attendees at their home games.

Sorry my raging hangover isn't helping to keep my sarcasm in check this morning

Latest posts