What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Naiqama is getting interest in the UK but he is asking for too much money (Equivalent of around 350k a year)

No one wants to buy him at that price. His problem is that he is off contract this year and no NRL clubs have come looking for him.

He isn't really in a negotiating situation.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is just a suggestion though at this stage. His big concern is not getting paid from TPA's.

The Dogs went hard after Woods hoping his acquisition would be enough to keep Klemmer happy, while also giving them an opportunity to get rid of Reynolds.

The problem is, if the TPA's don't get sorted out, and he does get a release, any club could pick him up on the cheap for a huge 3 years. We could make a hard ball play (offer say 400k per season) and it would take most clubs off the market for him and it wouldn't hit us that hard in the pocket.

I personally believe he'll stay put though.

axl rose

Bench
Suggestions that Klemmer has asked for a release..... hahaha

Remember the quote from Woods earlier in the year that they have a great set up over there with Raelene and wants to play with Klemmer instead of being a one man band.

Not to mention that they dont even look like a finals team this year. There is instability at every club and workplace, you cant run from it like a pussy.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tedesco, Woods and Moses are all morons. They are dumb.

MU - how could any club pick Klemmer up on the cheap. You'd have to beat what Canterbury are paying out of their cap.
There's a chance that the dogs may grant the release but in exchange for a player. Save them paying him out and going over the cap. They can pay part of his salary over the next three years and his new club picks the rest up.

That way Klemmer gets his release, his money and the Bulldogs don't go over the cap.

Tiger05

First Grade
There's a chance that the dogs may grant the release but in exchange for a player. Save them paying him out and going over the cap. They can pay part of his salary over the next three years and his new club picks the rest up.

That way Klemmer gets his release, his money and the Bulldogs don't go over the cap.

I think it depends on how much they are paying in within the cap. This whole TPA thing reeks to high f**ken heaven. Players get screwed. They promise them way too much and they can't deliver. The Rorters and the Dogs and the kings of it.

My assumption is that the Dogs can keep Klemmer on his cap payments but something is going to have to give.

leaguelegend21

Juniors
Its inconceivable that klemmer won't b with his kindred spirit Woods @ the dogs next season.

The dogs will swiftly find a dodgy solution which will appease Clementine !
God their friendship is nauseating isn't it. They act like 2 school girls. You don't hear any other players constantly talking in the media about how good friends they are. It's moronic.

simmo05

Bench
How good would that pack be with klemmer? Hard and aggressive, totally the opposite of what we are used to as tigers. We would be up there with the top teams next year. I cant see the dogs letting him go though.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Very skeptical about Klemmer joining the Tigers...

In other more reliable news, TripleM has reported Milne has signed with WT..

Would be great if true, as evidenced once again yesterday that our outside backs are rubbish...

I'm thinking that the following in 2018 might be a big improvement...

2.Nofo
3.Milne
4.Suli
5.Fonua

Not the best outside backline in the comp but way above what is being put out this year...

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I find it hard to believe it will happen but....

How funny would it be if Klemmer did come to the tigers leaving Woods Mr no friends and his best mates making themselves legends in a Tigers team that goes down in league history as the team that turned things around for the Tigers and made them a team that is consistently in the finals.

Even funnier if Woods doesn't get paid what he has been promised.

Oh please let it happen.