What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Clifferd

Coach
Exactly.IC is assembling a very competitive squad with depth.One more quality forward would b ideal & I've no doubt IC is patiently focusing on nabbing another 1 or 2 quality forwards.

Heard we are in with a chance of getting Adam Elliot from Dogs & possibly Big Klem if rumours are true

Dogs are in turmoil lol

leaguelegend21

Juniors
I think we will definitely make the 8 next year. If we make the 4, I'm going to nominate Pascoe and Ivan for a Nobel Prize.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Heard we are in with a chance of getting Adam Elliot from Dogs & possibly Big Klem if rumours are true

Dogs are in turmoil lol
U can only imagine how angry clementine must b on finding out his kindred spirit will b on 100's of Thousand per annum more than him.

As it currently stands woods graham Eastwood & mbye will b on a combined 3.7mill next yr.Then u have Jackson clementine foran the Morris brothers & hoppa's upgraded contract would combined come to approx 4- 4.5.Thats 10 players on approx 8mill.Theres only approx 1.5 mill left to spend on 20 players(from '18 the salary cap is to encompass squads of 30).What a f**king joke.This mob r major league rorters & the NRL admin r spineless & obviously puppets of a handful of powerful boards/clubs(dogs roosters Broncos).

Geez it was great to c Penrith annihilate the dogs y'day.

axl rose

Bench
Highly doubt we would sign him but is Klemmer as good as the hype ? Don't watch enough neutral games, Canterbury have a terribly boring style of play I couldn't sit through anyway.

Last edited:

Clifferd

Coach
Highly doubt we would sign him but is Klemmer as good as people say? Don't watch enough neutral games, Canterbury have a terribly boring style of play I couldn't sit through anyway.

He looks good at origin level. 2nd most metres behind Fifita I think

One things for sure is he runs hard...I put him above woods anyway

Kevin Naiqama is atrocious. Hopefully we lose him but it wouldn't be too bad if he stayed in NSW Cup. I'd like one more big name forward signing but who else is out there? Also, I'm not a fan at all of having two hookers. It is a waste of a bench spot and reduces the fluidity of our attack. What can we do?

He's a cut above State Cup though. Would be handy to hang on to just in case. He's been OK on the wing. He's atrocious in the centres though.

I reckon we're a toiler prop and another decent backrower from being a reasonable chance of getting top 4 next year. It might take a bit to gel though, might have a few inconsistent performances to start the year.

The big factor is getting some consummate professionals on board who'll put in no matter what (Reynolds,) and some f**king punch up front (Packer & Matulino.) All the other signings are creating a well rounded outfit that will benefit from those central signings.

Hopefully injuries are kind to us.

macnaz

Staff member
Still need a game breaker , someone with speed that can turn a game , pointless having a great pack without the backline to finnish it off.

Clifferd

Coach
I reckon we're a toiler prop and another decent backrower from being a reasonable chance of getting top 4 next year. It might take a bit to gel though, might have a few inconsistent performances to start the year.

The big factor is getting some consummate professionals on board who'll put in no matter what (Reynolds,) and some f**king punch up front (Packer & Matulino.) All the other signings are creating a well rounded outfit that will benefit from those central signings.

Hopefully injuries are kind to us.

Ivan has the luxury of a full pre season with a brand new squad though. I reckon it'll be fairly easy to gel

If I was him I'd be getting the most out of the 3 trials and get what he reckons most of what our full strength squad will look like playing 60+ minutes in all 3 games though

Tiger05

First Grade
Still need a game breaker , someone with speed that can turn a game , pointless having a great pack without the backline to finnish it off.

I agree but I wonder how Suli, Nofo, Milne (I haven't see anything official on Milne yet) etc will go behind a dominant pack and Brooks and Reynolds as the halves.

I'm still concerned about our pack a bit. Taylor is great but I think he is the only forward you can play who doesn't have a big impact hitting the ball up. I could have this wrong but it's a concern.

I'd love to have someone like JAC, Koro or Rapana in our backline. We need the occasional brilliant play that turns the game.

If we had Taupau in our pack next year we would be looking really good. We need someone like that.

Radical Rat

Juniors
I agree but I wonder how Suli, Nofo, Milne (I haven't see anything official on Milne yet) etc will go behind a dominant pack and Brooks and Reynolds as the halves.

I'm still concerned about our pack a bit. Taylor is great but I think he is the only forward you can play who doesn't have a big impact hitting the ball up. I could have this wrong but it's a concern.

I'd love to have someone like JAC, Koro or Rapana in our backline. We need the occasional brilliant play that turns the game.

If we had Taupau in our pack next year we would be looking really good. We need someone like that.

I am definitely concerned about having Taylor and McQueen as two of our starting back rowers. McQueen was a dumb signing made under the JT regime. Obviously it was made without the hindsight of everything that's transpired since.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Agree in part however if our backline next year is:

1. Lolohea
2. Nofoaluma
3. Milne
4. Suli
5. Fonua/MWZ/Thompson
6. Reynolds
7. Brooks

I don't think we'll have much trouble scoring points.

As for a genuine game breaker a guy like Esan Marsters could be one. A big guy who good footwork and skill could wreck havoc if he continues to progress

Vic Mackey

Referee
I am definitely concerned about having Taylor and McQueen as two of our starting back rowers. McQueen was a dumb signing made under the JT regime. Obviously it was made without the hindsight of everything that's transpired since.

Dunno mate I think McQueen will be good. Have a look in the souths forum and atm they are all saying they are missing him massively etc. He's an experienced hardhead, something our team is severly lacking. Anyways he will be an upgrade on Lovett and Edwards

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm inclined to not have McQueen and Lawrence starting. One start (Rowdy) and McQueen as the bench utility, as he covers centre better than Lawrence now.

Fill the bench with 3 props. I'd mive Taylor to the second row and have Sue at Lock.

We just need 3 bench props

Tiger05

First Grade
I'm inclined to not have McQueen and Lawrence starting. One start (Rowdy) and McQueen as the bench utility, as he covers centre better than Lawrence now.

Fill the bench with 3 props. I'd mive Taylor to the second row and have Sue at Lock.

We just need 3 bench props

I'm worried about McQueen as a signing because if you do this than one of Liddle or McIlwrick misses out. I don't think Sue should make the team next year. He misses tackles that need to be made and I don't think we can let that continue.

Move Taylor to the 2nd row as an edge player but you need someone at lock who is going to make their tackles and get good metres. Taylor consistently makes tackles and wins or at least has an impact in the wrestle.

I also would prefer 3 middle forwards on the field all the time and 3 off the bench but Sue to me has proven he isn't up to it.

Latest posts