What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Now we are being linked to Mitchell Pearce by Phil Rothfield. Newcastle are only offering 500K (currently $1 million) for 2 years and likely to remove his captaincy. If this is true we should offer 400k for one year just to make sure he doesn’t come.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Surely better ways to get attention, doesn’t seem too far fetched. Madge signed Rodwell when he was at souffs so obviously rates him

Just doesn’t sound likely. Stefano by all reports is extremely fit and professional, just look at how he handled his Parra exit and their refusal to release him.

Rodwell isn’t even signed yet

Doueihi openly said on the news Madge has told him he is 5/8 and Brooks has commented about their new partnership

Just doesn’t sound likely. Stefano by all reports is extremely fit and professional, just look at how he handled his Parra exit and their refusal to release him.
Who plays 5/8 in Round 1 and happens if they have a blinder?

Doueihi openly said on the news Madge has told him he is 5/8 and Brooks has commented about their new partnership

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors

Re: With Doueihi, it’s possible Maguire was expecting Laurie to come during the off season, since it hasn’t eventuated he could be tossing up mbye at 5/8 and Doueihi out the back

I could be completely off the mark but just a guess

Fordy20

Juniors
Mbye is a nonentity who offers nothing.I’m not a fan of the overpaid lazy Milford although unlike Mbye he does possess attacking prowess which has been dormant for a few yrs but as you say a change of scenery could revive his career

We do need a fullback for next year. Milford spent a bit of time playing fullback in 2019, but seems like he's spent more time in the halves. He's still fairly young for an NRL player and getting him down to Sydney could open up a few more options at other clubs for the back end of his career.

Mbye could do a job for the Broncos, especially in the centres given Staggs is out for long period of time and they don't have much in terms of seniority.

It just seems fair unlikely to happen for mine.

I’d go Rods for the right money.

As for the Mbye/Milford swap, I’d rather swap Mbye and some cash for a sub marquee. Right now, I’d say no to Milford under any conditions.

He’s very ordinary Milford. If Seibs doesn’t want you, thats says a lot.

Plus (sadly) whispers of a chronic forever injury.

If he can recover and get a season or two of raising himself to factory, I’d consider him as 2nd class gear steward.

I’d prefer Mansour at fullback where even on his best day, he can’t handle more pressure than making a cup a tea.

Good to see we are still in the market causing mischief!

Hartigan In the pig sty wrestling with the greedy player managers while their overpaid young bosses chug Vegan Grey ( colourfree) Gatorade watching on.

Long live the hopes, dreams, scandals, rumours , straight out fibs, lies and deceit of the NRL off season.

Last edited:
Word on another Tigers forum (and Panthers forum) is that Mansour has removed all affiliation with the Panthers from his Twitter. Question is, is it with us or Parra? Panthers seem to think it’s the Dogs -as he’s been training a lot with Cotric. If it’s us makes Novo signing on very doubtful (why else would we sign him) and Laurie would then be released. To be sorted out next week.

Last edited:

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Word on another Tigers forum (and Panthers forum) is that Mansour has removed all affiliation with the Panthers from his Twitter. Question is, is it with us or Parra? Panthers seem to think it’s the Dogs -as he’s been training a lot with Cotric. If it’s us makes Novo signing on very doubtful (why else would we sign him) and Laurie would then be released. To be sorted out next week.

It may mean that we keep Laurie at least until another winger is signed ? as a stop gap.

I quite agree. No way he would in front of Jimmy the jet.
I think he’s probably good enough, but you can’t play Nofo and Mansour as the two wingers -both too short and like for like replacements (Mansour a much better defender thiugh). Also Jimmy, if able, is a centre. Having said that, your man would possibly make it for Round 1 as Doueihi is suspended for that game.

Last edited: