What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
Three key issues:
  • 1 - Laurie is the only hope we have in this position. Mbye, Doueihi or even Momo can COVER this spot if necessary but we are not a Top 8 side without a full-time fullback with speed to burn. You don't want to pin all your hopes on a rookie but by all reports Laurie is very highly regarded and only needs the opportunity to show what he can do at 1
  • 7 - Brooks may very well not be the long term answer, but who else is there? There is absolutely no way Madden would provide as a better 7 than Brooks in 2021. Maybe further down the track but he has to prove himself in reggies first. So who else to we pursue? There are no halfbacks on the market that have proven themselves better than Brooks. It is very much a case the devil you know vs. the devil you don't know.
  • 9 - I like Liddle...I really do...who can honestly put their hand up and say they are confident we can get a full season out of him? This isn't the time for putting all your eggs in one basket. We need a proven 9 (hopefully 80 mins) to lead from the front and steer our young pack around. Someone with leadership qualities, and can even slot into 13 to allow Simpkin (who looks very promising) some game time. A player like this + Simpkin is a long term answer to the 9 question. If McInnes is available we would be stupid not to jump on it.
If we get Laurie and McInnes for 2022 then the only real conundrum is halfback. If we fail to make the 8 in 2022 then we need to move Brooks on and go hard for a new halfback (which hopefully their will be available options to pursue).

Das Hassler

Bench
Three key issues:
  • 1 - Laurie is the only hope we have in this position. Mbye, Doueihi or even Momo can COVER this spot if necessary but we are not a Top 8 side without a full-time fullback with speed to burn. You don't want to pin all your hopes on a rookie but by all reports Laurie is very highly regarded and only needs the opportunity to show what he can do at 1
  • 7 - Brooks may very well not be the long term answer, but who else is there? There is absolutely no way Madden would provide as a better 7 than Brooks in 2021. Maybe further down the track but he has to prove himself in reggies first. So who else to we pursue? There are no halfbacks on the market that have proven themselves better than Brooks. It is very much a case the devil you know vs. the devil you don't know.
  • 9 - I like Liddle...I really do...who can honestly put their hand up and say they are confident we can get a full season out of him? This isn't the time for putting all your eggs in one basket. We need a proven 9 (hopefully 80 mins) to lead from the front and steer our young pack around. Someone with leadership qualities, and can even slot into 13 to allow Simpkin (who looks very promising) some game time. A player like this + Simpkin is a long term answer to the 9 question. If McInnes is available we would be stupid not to jump on it.
If we get Laurie and McInnes for 2022 then the only real conundrum is halfback. If we fail to make the 8 in 2022 then we need to move Brooks on and go hard for a new halfback (which hopefully their will be available options to pursue).

I just can't see it in Madden...he reminds me of a Chad Townsend lite....off course there's every chance i'm just not seeing what more learned halves observers can see but i'll be surprised if he ends up being a contender. I"d put a few bucks on Brooks actually stepping up in '21 to surprise a lot of people

Rumour on another Tigers forum is that we have signed Mansour and thus Laurie will be released early (Cini to return to Penrith I suppose as we have so many centres now). I’ll believe it when the club announce it and not before. The question is does this mean Mbye is leaving too? Also who is GK for round 1? No AD, Mbye, and Momo!

Old tiger 79

Juniors
Ive heard the Pearce rumours as well, what’s everyone’s thoughts on that? I think it’s a good move if he gets his shit together...not sure about where brooks would play/go. Brooks reminds me of Brodie Croft a little, hasn’t adapted to the new rules.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Ive heard the Pearce rumours as well, what’s everyone’s thoughts on that? I think it’s a good move if he gets his shit together...not sure about where brooks would play/go. Brooks reminds me of Brodie Croft a little, hasn’t adapted to the new rules.

Hard pass on Pearce. He's really not the player we need.