What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
Benji to me is a great player. Some of the tries he created for us last year were amazing. He is a special player. At the same time his defense last year was terrible.

I think it's time we moved on but I'll never forget how good he has been for us.

I hope he does well and I don't think it makes us look bad. I'd even have him here playing reserves but I don't think he wants that and I think he may be a disruptive influence just because he is a senior player and probably the best player Wests Tigers have produced.
I’d love for benji to start the game against us, and play the 80 mins with BJ running at him all night. We will smash the bunnies like raiders smashed us and put 60 on them.

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
Also hope he gets a run at L.O. and gets to do his lap and a proper farewell to the fans who's lives he's been such a big part of....especially the younger ones who have been following him since they were kids.
By playing against us makes him the enemy. Smash his head in and history is history.

Tiger05

First Grade
I’d love for benji to start the game against us, and play the 80 mins with BJ running at him all night. We will smash the bunnies like raiders smashed us and put 60 on them.

I can see this happening. BJ and Luc both belting it up against Benji and you are going to score points.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I see there are starting to be reports McInness has signed with the sharks! What is it going to take for us to finally sign someone even approaching rep level

Fordy20

Juniors
Source

Fox Sports has learned McInnes informed St George Illawarra on Tuesday he intends to sign a four-year deal with Dragons’ local derby rivals Cronulla until the end of 2025.

The surprise move ends a month of headlines around the future of the Red V captain as new Dragons coach Anthony Griffin pursues Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough for this season.

The McInnes four-year deal with the Sharks is believed to be worth around the $2.4 million mark.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I see there are starting to be reports McInness has signed with the sharks! What is it going to take for us to finally sign someone even approaching rep level
I’m confident that if Maguire was keen on luring him to Concord that we would’ve signed him.We have more pressing issues like being devoid of a decent fullback

Perth Tiger

Bench
I’m confident that if Maguire was keen on luring him to Concord that we would’ve signed him.We have more pressing issues like being devoid of a decent fullback
I hope so, I wasn’t sold on McInness as I think he is a bit overrated and as you say not really a position of need but I feel that for the club to move forward, other than finally make a final series (which is about 95% the most important thing) we need to make a quality signing that doesn’t turn out to be a dud (Packer, Reynolds, Mbye) or tries to get out of their contract as soon as they start getting bigger offers (Catterson)

Tigerm

First Grade
They have repeatedly given the indication, that they wont pay overs, a bit of a pain for us, but I am not against it.

Perth Tiger

Bench
They have repeatedly given the indication, that they wont pay overs, a bit of a pain for us, but I am not against it.
Is 600K a year overs? seems about the right value for him.

But as I said, not that fussed about missing out on him, just a bit annoyed about missing out on anybody again.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Wouldn’t swap a talented Liddle for an over-rated & one dimensional McInnes.There are only a handful of players in the NRL who are worthy of a 4 yr contract & McInnes certainly is not one of them.The primary reason he signs with Cronulla is the generous offer.

1 - we played him to play lock, we already have Brailey at hooker.

2 - 500k for McInnes is a very good deal. Keep telling yourself he's not worth a 4 yr deal

3- Tigers 9th this year? :p

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors

We never even offered him a contract, as soon as he expressed his desire to play dummy half Madge wasn't interested

Tigerm

First Grade

2 - 500k for McInnes is a very good deal. Keep telling yourself he's not worth a 4 yr deal

$500k may be a very good deal, but Sharks reportedly paid $600k?

We’ve had players on 4 year deals, they haven’t gone well. But good luck.

Tiger Ted

Bench

Excellent negotiation skills displayed by Mcinnes’s manager in screwing u guys over & good luck to McInnes as he does seem like a good guy albeit he’s very overrated.