What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The Rosco

Bench
Sharks will play more finals footy over the next 5 years than the Tigers will.

Yet discussions with the Sharks were about playing lock and only lock and any discussions about him playing hooker would have ended any negotiations.

So he's happy to play lock for us, but told the Tigers he only wants to play hooker ?
Oh fkkn great. rhyno 2.0

Fordy20

Juniors
No, they won’t be that bad. They will begin their cleansing at the end if this year like us. They also have a better ability to attract the players they want as compared to us.

Their rebuild will be starting from a stronger position with a talented young spine of Brailey, Trindall and Kennedy.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Sharks will play more finals footy over the next 5 years than the Tigers will.

Yet discussions with the Sharks were about playing lock and only lock and any discussions about him playing hooker would have ended any negotiations.

So he's happy to play lock for us, but told the Tigers he only wants to play hooker ?

I predict Sharks for the spoon this year and I stick by it. Your ref abusing fat f**k of a prop has a bung knee and will be lucky to last half a season

Dugan will go down with a slight wind gust. Imagine pinning your hopes on Matt Moylan??? panthers fans will agree. Your main attacking weapon (johnson) is out for atleast the first 1/4 of the season

That's what they want to tell you. He will end up playing #9

WA Tiger

Bench
It's closer to 500k but to be honest I think 600k isn't overs considering how much of a need he fills in our squad. Lots of over paid forwards on more than that.

There's certainly a risk with 4 year deals but think you need to take each one on a case by case merit.

Moylan was/is a bad 4 yr deal
Luke Lewis was a good 4yr deal

McInnes being an ultimate professional and no serious history of injuries I thinks worth the risk and feels more like a Luke Lewis 4 yr deal than a Moylan one.
Ok so let me get this straight ...your getting excited on here because you’ve scored a player- the DRAGONS want to get rid of !! (dont be confused about that) listen u sound like a nice guy and we don’t mind underdogs that make out their not, but visitors that hallucinate really just blend into one on here, so..move along ..thanks for your time

Last edited:
Shit really ..last I read we’re playing “hardball” A stupid loss if he’s gone.
shit it looks done
O hang on we’re right... we’ve got Mbye to cover 6..jeeez
Why is Walters such a massive loss? He was an okay player, when he wasn’t injured, and he’s going to miss the opening third of the season as a result of his injury. He is off contract at the season’s end and not exactly a must renew candidate. If he wants to go home, and the Broncs want to give him a better contract then let him go. They will have to compensate us and some of our train and trial guys are of equal ability.

WA Tiger

Bench
Why is Walters such a massive loss? He was an okay player, when he wasn’t injured, and he’s going to miss the opening third of the season as a result of his injury. He is off contract at the season’s end and not exactly a must renew candidate. If he wants to go home, and the Broncs want to give him a better contract then let him go. They will have to compensate us and some of our train and trial guys are of equal ability.
The spine the spine the spine

The spine the spine the spine
I understand, but he’s about 3rd in line in either hooker or halves. We have to promote 2-3 players anyway so one of them must be able to play DH. I can’t wait to see Madden or Simpkin have a crack! If Walters can get a better deal elsewhere (I can’t see him getting close to a spot at The Broncs either) then let him go.

Tigerm

First Grade
Can you explain this post for me?
I take it you are a Cronulla fan? Do try and keep with your club news.
Your coach has been trying to push your older star players out, i.e. Moylan, Dugan & Fifita and the board is looking to push the coach out?
We've been there, your club is heading for a disaster. Hope it don't happen, but good luck.

Goblin_Shark

Juniors
I take it you are a Cronulla fan? Do try and keep with your club news.
Your coach has been trying to push your older star players out, i.e. Moylan, Dugan & Fifita and the board is looking to push the coach out?
We've been there, your club is heading for a disaster. Hope it don't happen, but good luck.

Why so condescending? You don’t know me.

You also have no idea what you are talking about regarding the coach and the players.

Trust me on that one.

WA Tiger

Bench
I understand, but he’s about 3rd in line in either hooker or halves. We have to promote 2-3 players anyway so one of them must be able to play Fake. I can’t wait to see Madden or Simpkin have a crack! If Walters can get a better deal elsewhere (I can’t see him getting close to a spot at The Broncs either) then let him go.
Your prob more optimistic than realistic...If Liddle or AD go down (assuming AD handles 6 to start with) we could lose enough games to end up worse than last year regardless of how much bigger or better the rest of the team is ...bearing in mind our first choice 7 and 1 on past evidence are nothing but fill ins.

##an unknown /possibly average back up hooker (regardless of how much you can’t wait to see him “have a crack” )

##combine that with a back up partner for Brooks to make BOTH halves from previous evidence completely bereft of any ability to create attacking opportunities..You can imagine it pass pass pass pass...Not to mention repeat set kicks etc etc ..That is a scary thought
It’s all a bit hit and hope isn’t it ...There’s too little evidence of competency in our spine and esp back up spine to be discarding a more than competent 6 and 9 in Walters..I’d say his old man knows his son better than anyone esp Madge who never gave him a fair and sustained go at 6 even tho for me he looked great at times there (at the very least he was competent in attack and defence which for us is impressive)
Walters was always Madges go to player to fill in for any injured players during a game. Who can really shine under those circumstances.And yet he still did in both positions...if u can’t remember that think a little harder

Last edited:

Choiboi

Juniors
A bit left field but we have signed Gavin Badger. Hopefully help the boys with some on field discipline, like the storm and Sutton?

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2021/02/05/gavin-badgers-new-role-at-wests-tigers

But what exactly would a former referee do as part of an NRL coaching team?

“I’m generally here for field sessions when the boys have their opposed sessions — I jump in and officiate those and it gives the boys more of a game experience,” Badger said.

“This way the boys don’t yell at the coaching staff — they yell at me and they can keep their relationship there.

“It also gives me the opportunity to chat to the guys after that and tell them what could make an impact in the game.

“I also help out with a little bit of education with the mindset of officials in certain situations and in certain games, and how we can better our relationships there.”

Tigerm

First Grade
A bit left field but we have signed Gavin Badger. Hopefully help the boys with some on field discipline, like the storm and Sutton?

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2021/02/05/gavin-badgers-new-role-at-wests-tigers

“I’m generally here for field sessions when the boys have their opposed sessions — I jump in and officiate those and it gives the boys more of a game experience,” Badger said.

“This way the boys don’t yell at the coaching staff — they yell at me and they can keep their relationship there.

“It also gives me the opportunity to chat to the guys after that and tell them what could make an impact in the game.

“I also help out with a little bit of education with the mindset of officials in certain situations and in certain games, and how we can better our relationships there.”
Good move by the club

stryker

First Grade

We are hopeless in the wrestle and ruck defence in general, either letting the opposition up too quick or holding down too long. Constant tutorage in opposed sessions from a top level ref can only help with this.

Latest posts