What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Two staff members secretly disappeared today at Christmas Drinks.

A sneaky little office romance unravelled.

But someone saw them together (unseen) so one of the female bosses rang one of them and asked to speak to the other person (they were cuddling).

She put him on as well!

heh heh heh heh.

We all just laughed between ourselves ( on speaker) as did they.

No homes broken etc.

I liked the honesty of it, very impressive.

Then we got to the party and left them alone.

The lesson is to think about how you recover from these surprises. Don’t take people as fools.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Two staff members secretly disappeared today at Christmas Drinks.

A sneaky little office romance unravelled.

But someone saw them together (unseen) so one of the female bosses rang one of them and asked to speak to the other person (they were cuddling).

She put him on as well!

heh heh heh heh.

We all just laughed between ourselves ( on speaker) as did they.

No homes broken etc.

I liked the honesty of it, very impressive.

Then we got to the party and left them alone.

The lesson is to think about how you recover from these surprises. Don’t take people as fools.
Fabulous

Tigerm

First Grade

Sheens’ recruitment drive continues as Tigers secure English superstar:​

Former Raiders gun John Bateman is reportedly set to join the Wests Tigers ahead of the 2023 season as negotiations edge closer to being finalised.

Tim Sheens’ newest recruit is set to be unveiled in the coming days according to The Daily Telegraph, having last played in the NRL in 2020.

The 29-year-old has been plying his trade for the Wigan Warriors in the Super League and was a standout for the English side at this year’s World Cup.

Bateman’s new contract could reportedly be a four-year deal, joining the likes of Apisai Koroisau, David Klemmer and Isaiah Papali'I in making the move to Leichhardt.

The merger club will reportedly have to pay a hefty transfer fee to secure Bateman’s signature to play under Sheens and assistant coaches Benji Marshall, Robbie Farah and David Furner.

The Tigers are also reportedly chasing Eels gun Mitchell Moses and Panthers star Stephen Crichton, however the pair are also reportedly targets of the Bulldogs

Two out three would be sensational

Tiger Ted

Bench

Sheens’ recruitment drive continues as Tigers secure English superstar:​

Former Raiders gun John Bateman is reportedly set to join the Wests Tigers ahead of the 2023 season as negotiations edge closer to being finalised.

Tim Sheens’ newest recruit is set to be unveiled in the coming days according to The Daily Telegraph, having last played in the NRL in 2020.

The 29-year-old has been plying his trade for the Wigan Warriors in the Super League and was a standout for the English side at this year’s World Cup.

Bateman’s new contract could reportedly be a four-year deal, joining the likes of Apisai Koroisau, David Klemmer and Isaiah Papali'I in making the move to Leichhardt.

The merger club will reportedly have to pay a hefty transfer fee to secure Bateman’s signature to play under Sheens and assistant coaches Benji Marshall, Robbie Farah and David Furner.

The Tigers are also reportedly chasing Eels gun Mitchell Moses and Panthers star Stephen Crichton, however the pair are also reportedly targets of the Bulldogs

Two out three would be sensational
No hope of getting crighton.Laundy family money plus Ciraldo will ensure he moves to Belmore.

I don’t want the mercenary Moses returning to concord especially for the insane money we are apparently offering the impostor.

MugaB

Coach
No hope of getting crighton.Laundy family money plus Ciraldo will ensure he moves to Belmore.

I don’t want the mercenary Moses returning to concord especially for the insane money we are apparently offering the impostor.
Haha chricton wouldn't go anywhere now that the salary cap just went to 12.1 million, theres now enough (2.6m extra ) to keep any players at any clubs really, mitch wont move..
All the clubs were working off a possible 9.5 mill salary cap... bateman signing greenlit the moment PVL said 12.1... coincidence??

Last edited:

Murraymob1

Juniors

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I will forgive Moses for everything if he signs with us and puts in quality performances.
He has this weird thing in his contract that he doesn't have to tell the eels he is leaving until round 10 next year so we might have to wait a while to find out.
I will be pretty excited if he does join us.

I will forgive Moses for everything if he signs with us and puts in quality performances.
He has this weird thing in his contract that he doesn't have to tell the eels he is leaving until round 10 next year so we might have to wait a while to find out.
I will be pretty excited if he does join us.
Agree 100.

Merry Xmas Nedster and WT homies.

You too @Someone2 buddy. You’re always welcome.

All I want for Xmas is Moses, 4 years for 750.

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
Bateman is official on the WT site. 4 year deal.
I like it. He has just the right amount of crazy bastard in him, that will be perfectly complemented by Klemmer.
The days of other forward packs saying how they enjoy playing the WT . . . coz they go home feeling the least pain . . . are hopefully over.
On paper, the mentorship and positivity of IP, Kori, Klem and now Bateman will be priceless. These guys don't like losing, and they just don't give up. When was the last time you used those words about our pack ?
Prob would have liked a 3 yr instead of 4, given his age, but beggers can't be choosers. And this signing will hopefully be the last time players see us as beggers.
Even the media arseholes have been painting us in a positive light.
To be fair, this is the greatest rebuild our club has ever achieved. In quick time, too.
Usually our recruits are from Wish.com. This year, it's all genuine Nike, Adidas.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
I like it. He has just the right amount of crazy bastard in him, that will be perfectly complemented by Klemmer.
The days of other forward packs saying how they enjoy playing the WT . . . coz they go home feeling the least pain . . . are hopefully over.
On paper, the mentorship and positivity of IP, Kori, Klem and now Bateman will be priceless. These guys don't like losing, and they just don't give up. When was the last time you used those words about our pack ?
Prob would have liked a 3 yr instead of 4, given his age, but beggers can't be choosers. And this signing will hopefully be the last time players see us as beggers.
To be fair, this is the greatest rebuild our club has ever achieved. In quick time, too.
Usually our recruits are from Wish.com. This year, it's all genuine Nike, Adidas.

Good overview...the 4 year deal may just be what it took to snare him.

Tigerm

First Grade
Yep, credit where it’s due, Sheens and Co, have done very well with recruitment.
Now just a good to very good back (fullback or centre) would be the icing on the cake, for me.

Das Hassler

Bench
Ive mentioned this point before and it's still what encourages me the most...these forward signings...Klem...Paps...Api...Bateman are top tier ...have arrived at THE SAME TIME ( that's significant!) and have never played together either at club or rep level so they get to set the culture...not adapt to what's there. It's pretty exciting actually

Last edited:

Latest posts