What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Could have kept "the one and only Ivan", for his remaining years....
View attachment 68921
Im sure the "bus" would have had a succession plan far better than what's happening now...
Even so i do rate sheensy as an elite coach
He does has some form, for sure. But IMO, he also tends to try weird and strange things that normally don’t work, but he will persist with them and I think it is one of the reasons he has been shown the door at a few clubs, but we have no choice but to wait and see what he is going to produce for us. Hopefully good, but not expecting too much tbh.

Happy to be proven wrong of course 😅

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
He does has some form, for sure. But IMO, he also tends to try weird and strange things that normally don’t work, but he will persist with them and I think it is one of the reasons he has been shown the door at a few clubs, but we have no choice but to wait and see what he is going to produce for us. Hopefully good, but not expecting too much tbh.

Happy to be proven wrong of course 😅
Left the Warriors on his own accord, Shown the door at penrith yes, shoved out the door at tigers, yes, now reaping rewards for not sticking around rebuilding clubs... would love to see him return to the Warriors, if he ever leaves the panthers tho, for anyone to get them to a GF, is amount to godliness..... all hail the great man richie

macnaz

Staff member
Left the Warriors on his own accord, Shown the door at penrith yes, shoved out the door at tigers, yes, now reaping rewards for not sticking around rebuilding clubs... would love to see him return to the Warriors, if he ever leaves the panthers tho, for anyone to get them to a GF, is amount to godliness..... all hail the great man richie
I think Tigerm is talking about Sheens.

And how exactly was Cleary shoved out the door at WT's ?

Tigerm

First Grade
But what about the cowboys and the 2 English clubs whose name I have forgotten?
He got punted here not long after winning a GF, that surely says something?

I think the fans have better memories than the officials.

Tigerm

First Grade
But what about the cowboys and the 2 English clubs whose name I have forgotten?
He got punted here not long after winning a GF, that surely says something?

I think the fans have better memories than the officials.
I just read @macnaz reply to you, yes I wasn’t talking about Cleary not even sure how he ended up in this conversation?

MugaB

Coach
I think Tigerm is talking about Sheens.

And how exactly was Cleary shoved out the door at WT's ?
After agreeing to terms to coach riff after his current WT contract ended, which would have been 2-3 seasons later... thats 2-3 seasons that could have been Ivan at the helm, instead the tigers uproar got so bad that they were calling for his head asap, pushed him out the door...

Tigerm

First Grade
After agreeing to terms to coach riff after his current WT contract ended, which would have been 2-3 seasons later... thats 2-3 seasons that could have been Ivan at the helm, instead the tigers uproar got so bad that they were calling for his head asap, pushed him out the door...
You are drawing a long bow, to think signing a contract so far out is tenable in any business never mind professional sport? Anyway the Cleary ship sailed a long time ago and we have moved on, except for the penny’s by the looks?

MugaB

Coach
You are drawing a long bow, to think signing a contract so far out is tenable in any business never mind professional sport? Anyway the Cleary ship sailed a long time ago and we have moved on, except for the penny’s by the looks?
There's that word... tenable...
It was thrown around a lot when that happened, but i agree we all have different perspectives, its not like a guy like wayne bennet doesn't line up another coaching gig before he leaves his current contract... or does he... maybe its really about the look of the leave?

Tigerm

First Grade
There's that word... tenable...
It was thrown around a lot when that happened, but i agree we all have different perspectives, its not like a guy like wayne bennet doesn't line up another coaching gig before he leaves his current contract... or does he... maybe its really about the look of the leave?
But not 2 or 3 years out?

WA Tiger

Bench
Benjis 5 year tenure was created by the minds of an accountant, lawyer and marketing. No league person in sight. Even Marina would have voted against it with the limited time she was around the game. Tim and Benji would have thought they’d shat gold and Robbie would prob see an opportunity. He would have thought “If Madge can do this, I can definitely do it. And I now have the vehicle to achieve it”

MugaB

Coach
But not 2 or 3 years out?

But benji is ok 2-3 years out

What does it matter.. its not like any coach wants to do a shithouse job, and before you use that, oh but he'll take players with him garbage, remember you guys were at a rebuilding phase, no one of worth was going with him, and even tho he signed up some long contracts, and none of this current board, blinked an eye and questioned it, infact they all signed off on all of it, Pascoe to blame, the intention was to stay and use these guys, till he was done, then move, backdoor benny had his whinge on live tv, and started throwing around word "untenable" ... players and coaches leave here and there, its not to different regardless how far out.. he wanted to coach his son, the son didn't want to leave his team, it all worked out well for them both.. what annoys me is that it could have propelled the tigers for the better, had he stayed, instead of the mediocrity madge brought.. and im a fan of both clubs, my mates are all tigers, and they want Pascoe to jump off a cliff

Last edited:

St George Illawarra Dragons open door to drastic name change, “The Dragons”?​

Maybe we should consider the same and become “The Tigers”?
How about The Nomads? With the amount of "home" grounds we have it would be fitting. We could even branch out and have a few more. Have a different jersey for each ground. The marketing dept. will love it.

The Rosco

Bench

Tigerm

First Grade
But benji is ok 2-3 years out

What does it matter.. its not like any coach wants to do a shithouse job, and before you use that, oh but he'll take players with him garbage, remember you guys were at a rebuilding phase, no one of worth was going with him, and even tho he signed up some long contracts, and none of this current board, blinked an eye and questioned it, infact they all signed off on all of it, Pascoe to blame, the intention was to stay and use these guys, till he was done, then move, backdoor benny had his whinge on live tv, and started throwing around word "untenable" ... players and coaches leave here and there, its not to different regardless how far out.. he wanted to coach his son, the son didn't want to leave his team, it all worked out well for them both.. what annoys me is that it could have propelled the tigers for the better, had he stayed, instead of the mediocrity madge brought.. and im a fan of both clubs, my mates are all tigers, and they want Pascoe to jump off a cliff
Benji isn’t currently coaching a NRL team🙄

Though in saying that, I am not a fan of Benji being signed anyway?

Last edited:

Latest posts