What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Definitely need to chase Hunt (without getting busted for non tampering or whatever the NRL call it)

He is a quality half that can organise and play off the cuff when he sees an opportunity. Good passing game. And can kick a 40/20. Everything we don't havebutneed

Tigerm

Coach

Brooks envisages Benji-like combination with Johnson​

Luke Brooks believes he could form a Benji Marshall-like combination with Shaun Johnson if Wests Tigers can lure the revitalised former golden boot winner back across the ditch.

While Brooks' own future at the club remains uncertain beyond the 2023 NRL season, the Tigers are making no secret of their interest in enticing Johnson back from New Zealand.

The 2014 world player of the year and former Kiwi Test captain has reignited his career in a second coming at the Warriors.

Even milestone man Brooks has been impressed with how 32-year-old Johnson has wound back the clock following a somewhat underwhelming three-season stint at Cronulla.

"He's a great player and he's in good form this season," Brooks said ahead of his 200th NRL game on Saturday against North Queensland.

While many think Brooks may need a fresh start elsewhere after his contract ends this season, the 28-year-old on Tuesday said finishing his career as a one-club man was his preferred option.

And he can easily envisage striking up a successful halves partnership with Johnson.

"He sort of plays the way Benji played and I feel like me and Benji had a pretty good combo," Brooks said.

"There's always going to be talk around this club but I'm obviously not too worried about that. I'm just focused on footy.

Wakeham must be thrilled to hear this, though will Brooks still be here, though he might be thinking if Johnson comes Brooks probably won't be?

WA Tiger

Bench
if they hang and land on any part of the legs they are off for 10. Pretty simple. it’s when they start hanging is where the problem starts.. after that it’s nearly too late to fix it ..although one of the tacklers put his hand on the ground so he didn’t land on the legs.. …and it was obvious. The rest just don’t give a shit ..and they have to

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
I feel like we are married to Brooks and need to just accept it. As the ship goes down I'll stand on deck by his side and salute him as we plunge into the icy depths of death.
He is playing OK atm, though he isn’t putting us over the try line? My only concern is, is this flurry of better form all for a new contract?

Tigerm

Coach

‘I’m the proudest black man alive’​

Is this a racist statement?

I didn’t think you could call indigenous people, “black” or “ aboriginal” anymore?
Is it only the “black” indigenous, or does it also include the new “white” indigenous people?
What about the rest of the “indigenous” men and woman, aren’t they proud as well?
lol.

Tigerm

Coach
On Instagram "talkingweststigers" are saying Parramatta want to sign Joe O asap and are hoping for a decision within 48 hours? Source supposedly Weilder?

I hope this is bullshit?

Fordy20

Juniors
Joe was a Madge signing and he’s clearly on the outer, playing off the bench instead of holding down the starting lock position. I’d be disappointed but not surprised if Sheens kicked him to the curb.

Tigerm

Coach
Joe was a Madge signing and he’s clearly on the outer, playing off the bench instead of holding down the starting lock position. I’d be disappointed but not surprised if Sheens kicked him to the curb.
We’d want someone special if it was to happen? And I don’t think they have anyone.

Nutz

Bench
We’d want someone special if it was to happen? And I don’t think they have anyone.
Nothing would surprise me with the Tigers atm.
Joffa should be still at his his prime. Our coaching or lack thereof seems to be an issue imo.
Too many times we get players who show promise or were top players and we just let them go.
If Sheens is the saviour then why can't he perform coaching miracles. I wonder if someone like Bellyache would have made a difference.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Nothing would surprise me with the Tigers atm.
Joffa should be still at his his prime. Our coaching or lack thereof seems to be an issue imo.
Too many times we get players who show promise or were top players and we just let them go.
If Sheens is the saviour then why can't he perform coaching miracles. I wonder if someone like Bellyache would have made a difference.
The only coach I’d bet the house on to have been able to fix this train wreck is Bennett

Perth Tiger

Bench
We finally have a strong pack and look like we have turned a corner and now this gets brought up. The reason we have a strong pack is that we have quality players like Joffa that have to play to their potential just to make the side, rather than play young players based on potential.

Add to that he is one of only a handful of player in our squad that has shown any sort of leadership ability.

If we are even entertaining the thought we better bend Parra over with their junior talent if they are desperate to keep their 'window' :D:D:D:D open. Otherwise tell them to piss off.

Pezz70

Juniors
I feel like we are married to Brooks and need to just accept it. As the ship goes down I'll stand on deck by his side and salute him as we plunge into the icy depths of death.
Yeah well I’m taking out an apprehended violence order against him for making my life miserable, I did nothing to deserve the mental torment of this relationship
wont happen, Offa is staying put