What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
I imagine Sullivan will wear the 7 and Sezer will play a supporting role from a game management perspective. Similar to when we had Brooks/Benji in the halves, or when Roosters were running with Pearce/Maloney.

Sezer is in the back end of his career so eventually Sullivan will take over the game management and Fainu will slot into the 6 role.

Great plan tbh, could do worse. However knowing us we will end up with Wakeham/Doeuihi as our halves pairing by round 10

Nutz

Bench
I imagine Sullivan will wear the 7 and Sezer will play a supporting role from a game management perspective. Similar to when we had Brooks/Benji in the halves, or when Roosters were running with Pearce/Maloney.

Sezer is in the back end of his career so eventually Sullivan will take over the game management and Fainu will slot into the 6 role.

Great plan tbh, could do worse. However knowing us we will end up with Wakeham/Doeuihi as our halves pairing by round 10
I thought it's the other way around mate. I think Sezer ½ and Sullivan ⅝.
I just heard Braithe say we offered Shuster over 1mil to play for us so Manly bumped his offer up to 800+
Well played tigers...dodged a fat unfit lazy bullet.

Tigerm

First Grade
I just heard Braithe say we offered Shuster over 1mil to play for us so Manly bumped his offer up to 800+

Manly axe sub-par Schuster​

Is he tanking to come over here?

Nutz

Bench

Manly axe sub-par Schuster​

Is he tanking to come over here?
Marshall said he could be a mega star....more like a mega size hamburger 🍔
The problem with him is his gut. He probably couldn't even touch his toes. Welcome to KOE Josh. I can't see 800k sitting in reserve grade for long. Their cap is stuffed because they'll pay to offload him and still be in their cap.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Does anyone feel Morris would work well with Benji? They are good mates so probably would.
What about Furner? Is he being replaced by Ryan Carr? Does anyone know how Ryan went as Featherstone Rovers coach?
I know Ryan's NRL career balked when he and Adam Reynolds competed to replace Chris Sandows departure at Souths and Carr lost.
Carr got injured after biting his time in NSW Cup so he turned his attention to coaching.
Both Morris and Carr have had stints at coaching but assistant coaches need to be all in with the head coach.
At Souths it seems to be more of certain players getting preferential treatment which has urked Jason Demetriou. I think if this is the case it would more likely be coming from Sam Burgess treatment of Lattrel Mitchel and Walker. Sam is very close to Lattrel.
Whatever has happened, it's obvious that Lattrel is not pulling his weight for a marquee player and this is upsetting the rest of the squad.
The coaching staff chemistry is so important and who we choose to be Benji's assistants is crucial. Throw in Robbie too as it's not set in concrete yet what his role is next year.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors

Rumour #5075 for the week, David Furner possibly heading to the bunnies?
I don't think it would make sense for the Tigers to release Furner from his contract a year early.
If we really want a new defense coach we can take our time or we make a deal with Souths that really suits our needs.
The bargaining chips are all stacked on our side.

You have to take everything Anasta says about the tigers with a grain of salt. He's extremely bitter about a 3rd party agreement he says he was promised when he was here, that never eventuated. He's probably correct that he was dudded, but that doesn't make him any less conflicted.

My understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that Fulton was the driving force behind The Hamburgler coming over. Don't know what he was offered as far as $$'s go. However, Marshall then put the kybosh on it altogether. If true, he's certainly been proven right. That was the catalyst for all the Fulton / Marshall drama.

It gives me a very slim sliver of hope that Marshall might be a coach rather than a mini bus.

Nutz

Bench
You have to take everything Anasta says about the tigers with a grain of salt. He's extremely bitter about a 3rd party agreement he says he was promised when he was here, that never eventuated. He's probably correct that he was dudded, but that doesn't make him any less conflicted.

My understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that Fulton was the driving force behind The Hamburgler coming over. Don't know what he was offered as far as $$'s go. However, Marshall then put the kybosh on it altogether. If true, he's certainly been proven right. That was the catalyst for all the Fulton / Marshall drama.

It gives me a very slim sliver of hope that Marshall might be a coach rather than a mini bus.
You could be right DOM.
I remember Marshall saying at the start of the year that Josh was a hugely gifted player and would love to have him on board. Now whether or not Fulton said no and that gave Benji the shitesters, I'm unsure. Could be the opposite.
Benji did come out and say after that conference that Josh was no longer a solution to WT halves.
It could be managers having their say as well.
I remember reading an article in the SMH where the manager of the Fainu brothers (name escapes me) was reassured by WT that the coaching staff would be sorted out and Morris was cited.... ironically it is all happening as stated....coincidence or well planned?

Last edited:
I don't think it would make sense for the Tigers to release Furner from his contract a year early.
If we really want a new defense coach we can take our time or we make a deal with Souths that really suits our needs.
The bargaining chips are all stacked on our side.
If he wants to go you kind of have to let him. Wouldn’t be surprised if he has a clause that he can leave if he’s offered a head coaching position.

I do agree that we should leverage this with Souths.

gordsy

Juniors
Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench

Corey Thompson to retire, he always put in for us.
Champion bloke who played above his weight.If only effort & determination were contagious.We’ve employed more than our fare share of bludgers & he certainly wasn’t one of them.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I reckon if Thompson didn't get injured in the warm up on that last round game against sharks we would have made finals that year.

Nutz

Bench
I reckon if Thompson didn't get injured in the warm up on that last round game against sharks we would have made finals that year.
I've met him and had a good yarn, he is a quality human and footballer....100% effort.
What about when playing for the GC and the player on the inside didn't pass and robbed Thommo from scoring and the GC of a finals berth.