What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

gordsy

Juniors
I see Roach and Benny are upset as they have been shut out by the club. This pleases me to no end.
Hopefully there slimy Influence can be kept as far away from the club as possible.
The only thing that would please me more is to hear both have a trip booked to the Sun.

Tigerm

First Grade
I see Roach and Benny are upset as they have been shut out by the club. This pleases me to no end.
Hopefully there slimy Influence can be kept as far away from the club as possible.
The only thing that would please me more is to hear both have a trip booked to the Sun.
And Fox has been running with it for a few days now, protecting there own. Grubs.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Can the media just leave us the f**k alone for a few months? Honestly:
We get a win - talk about some sort of off field issues (aka Leichardt)
We get a loss - talk about how shit our management/roster are
We have a bye round - drag up out of context comments from last year to stir up some shit (e.g. Benji's coaching)

Don't get me wrong, I love the drama. It's entertaining as f**k. But I'd like to hear about other teams from time to time

Nutz

Bench
There's cryptic message been floated around that may suggest Bud is on the outer.
If someone has access to the Australian could they post it.
Probably just the usual WT media slam.

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Can the media just leave us the f**k alone for a few months? Honestly:
We get a win - talk about some sort of off field issues (aka Leichardt)
We get a loss - talk about how shit our management/roster are
We have a bye round - drag up out of context comments from last year to stir up some shit (e.g. Benji's coaching)

Don't get me wrong, I love the drama. It's entertaining as f**k. But I'd like to hear about other teams from time to time

There's two problems here.

These clowns are around average intelligence and need to to create content for countless Newspapers, TV Shows, Radio, Youtube shows, Podcasts and they will either exaggerate or completely make up stuff just so they can make their contribution. The other issue is for some reason WT Fans consume this stuff like no other fan base. When you add these together its what dictates what stories are written/discussed so its no surprise that regardless WT are always in the headlines.

Unfortunately, The art of actual reporting no longer really exists, but like you I find it entertaining.

Tigerm

First Grade
There's cryptic message been floated around that may suggest Bud is on the outer.
If someone has access to the Australian could they post it.
Probably just the usual WT media slam.
Just searched his name, nothing about this.
But I think his manager at least, would see what is happening, I guess no one seen Galvin coming on so quick, then you have young Fainu being mentioned.
Never mind Luai coming.
Unless he’s happy to plod in reserves, possibly reserve for the team, he only has one option imo, get out while 7’s are in demand.
Because I can’t see him being kept over any of the players mentioned at this stage.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Just searched his name, nothing about this.
But I think his manager at least, would see what is happening, I guess no one seen Galvin coming on so quick, then you have young Fainu being mentioned.
Never mind Luai coming.
Unless he’s happy to plod in reserves, possibly reserve for the team, he only has one option imo, get out while 7’s are in demand.
Because I can’t see him being kept over any of the players mentioned at this stage.
The sooner we fk him off the better.One positive is he isn’t on Brooksesque money so we shouldn’t have to take too expensive a haircut to discard him.

Nutz

Bench
The sooner we fk him off the better.One positive is he isn’t on Brooksesque money so we shouldn’t have to take too expensive a haircut to discard him.
As I said earlier, I dont think anything will happen until the later rds.
What happens if young Galvin sustains an injury and the same with our aging ½.
This was always going to happen as 5 into 2 don't work.
We have the luxury of playing the most inform players so we should be content with that for now.
Some of these players are playing for there future so if they kick stones then noone will win. Fainu isn't kicking stones as he's playing well in the lower grade.
AD on the other hand should go along with a few fringe players who have had time to shine but haven't.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I don't want to write Sullivan off after two games but he needs a massive improvement or he won't be getting past the bench, maybe not even in the starting 17.

Whatever happens, we can't let him go until end of season. If Galvin or Sezer go down he slots straight in.

But based on these two games, I'd rather re-sign Sezer as a depth signing for another year.

Nutz

Bench
I don't want to write Sullivan off after two games but he needs a massive improvement or he won't be getting past the bench, maybe not even in the starting 17.

Whatever happens, we can't let him go until end of season. If Galvin or Sezer go down he slots straight in.

But based on these two games, I'd rather re-sign Sezer as a depth signing for another year.
That's if he's still alive :)
Imagine having Sezer as a 22yr old partnering Galvin, happy says.
However the idea of having Luai and Galvin partners next year is great.
Now all we need is a big strong running centre to partner Olam and a marquee bookend and we are set.

Tigerm

First Grade
That's if he's still alive :)
Imagine having Sezer as a 22yr old partnering Galvin, happy says.
However the idea of having Luai and Galvin partners next year is great.
Now all we need is a big strong running centre to partner Olam and a marquee bookend and we are set.
Yep, and unfortunately you can’t get them from development squads atm.
We need to go to market, we would have Doueihi’s money, plus a few more?
I’m sure they’re looking at it.

Nutz

Bench
Yep, and unfortunately you can’t get them from development squads atm.
We need to go to market, we would have Doueihi’s money, plus a few more?
I’m sure they’re looking at it.
Yeh AD is gonesky I think.
There's still a lot of AD supporters out there though. Unsure what Benji is thinking atm.
The last time he went on record about AD, Benji said, "he is a quality footballer and we'll have to wait and see what happens"
He also said, "its all about getting him playing some footy again"
Now that doesn't sound like a coach who's given up on AD.

There's still a lot of AD supporters out there though. Unsure what Benji is thinking atm.
The last time he went on record about AD, Benji said, "he is a quality footballer and we'll have to wait and see what happens"
I think the sticking point is going to come down to money. Prior to his injuries AD was trying to sell himself as a $900k player. He was in dreamland on that one. I wouldn't even pay him $600k which he is currently on, even with the increase to the salary cap. If we do sign him he'll be a depth player only.

Time is on our side though. I can't see too many other clubs beating a path to his door, especially with the injuries he's had lately.

simmo05

Bench
I think the sticking point is going to come down to money. Prior to his injuries AD was trying to sell himself as a $900k player. He was in dreamland on that one. I wouldn't even pay him $600k which he is currently on, even with the increase to the salary cap. If we do sign him he'll be a depth player only.

Time is on our side though. I can't see too many other clubs beating a path to his door, especially with the injuries he's had lately.
He is a liability, they have to cut him loose

Tigerm

First Grade
Yeah, not sure what they’re thoughts are, but unfortunately AD is not the type of center I would be looking at?
However, I would be surprised if they did resign him.

Nutz

Bench
It doesn't matter
800k I think.
Regardless what is was, I agree DOM, he can't be asking anything over 350k until he proves he's over injuries.
It's scar tissue that keeps tearing. After you clean it up the scar tissue returns.
A new treatment for this is kemo I believe...but not how we treat cancer. I'm looking into it.
I think if AD does come back and nails it in KOE I think our club will offer him a year plus another year with a club option.
I'm being a realist here and not saying I like it.

Tigerm

First Grade
David Riccio tweeted
BREAKING: Zac Lomax told he can leave @NRL_Dragons.
———————
The rumour is Parra are keen?
Not sure about us.

Nutz

Bench
Having several halfs [is it halfs or halves :) is a good thing atm, we've not been in a position to pick on form for a while...same goes for a few other positions too.
Biggest hole atm is a marquee bookend to back-up Stefano and Klemmer.
I'm kinda glad we didn't get Blake because he's very lazy which is not the culture Benji wants. He walks around and only gets involved when the ball is near him. In other words he doesn't go looking for work.
Same goes for Latrell, he just walks around, doesn't chase that often but he makes sure he's in the camera shot most times.
All of our boys are on the bus atm which must take us into the top 8 come September....if we keep this intensity and dedication up.

Latest posts