What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
You have to admire Richo pro activity ..some of those numbers are pretty scary eg Latu $450k Sullivan $5-$600k.Bateman $600k no wonder sullivans always smiling despite his shit form..I don’t like Richo chances of offloading them unless he willing to take a massive hit

Nutz

Bench
Hey mate what’s the latest with Galvin? Talk around Api trained at halfback today and Simpkin 9 with Galvin in the reserves what’s the go there? Galvin has been good I think and he’s only 18 seems harsh to drop him. The other rumour is Galvin has a hand injury. Interesting to know if he’s injured or has he indeed been dropped? Both rumours going around on social media tonight. Do you know what the go is mate?
Dunno mate, Galvin's workrate and work ethics can't be criticised. If he's injured then sending him to a lower grade doesn't make sense. If he's busted, just give him a week off.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Hey mate what’s the latest with Galvin? Talk around Api trained at halfback today and Simpkin 9 with Galvin in the reserves what’s the go there? Galvin has been good I think and he’s only 18 seems harsh to drop him. The other rumour is Galvin has a hand injury. Interesting to know if he’s injured or has he indeed been dropped? Both rumours going around on social media tonight. Do you know what the go is mate?
Heard a few wks ago that the kid is playing with a broken hand

Nutz

Bench
Wouldn’t mind getting Garner back, if he’d come?
He's a great bloke, probably too scarred from being here before to want to come back.
His dropping from first grade is a surprise as he's been a standout for them.

It still concerns me that we don’t have a full time recruitment and retention team.

It seems to be Benji and Richo on zoom.

Benji and his team have had a few credible successes with Salad and Armadillo, but have struggled to get established players up to optimum.

Tigerm

First Grade
Is anyone surprised that Papi is $750k this season and next?
I thought he was on a lot less than that?
Don’t think he’s playing like that anyway?

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Didn't honest Shane say that he was not looking at any roster change, not too long ago?
I'm all for it, something is just not gelling, but it hasn't been for over a decade.
Looks like we start again, again:(
I like the thought of one of these coaches just sacked (preference would be Arthur) coming in to look at the attack, its fallen off a cliff.
I saw a couple of interviews with Richo when we signed Luai, he was very clear that it was just the start and there were more changes to come throughout the year, he just needed time to sort through contracts and salary cap etc, but he did state that the 2025 squad will look different from the current squad.

Pezz70

Juniors
I saw a couple of interviews with Richo when we signed Luai, he was very clear that it was just the start and there were more changes to come throughout the year, he just needed time to sort through contracts and salary cap etc, but he did state that the 2025 squad will look different from the current squad.
Well you’ve got to hope they’ve got some blokes signed already, because throwing away the best you’ve got without alternatives secured is no contingency