What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Just goes to show what a pathetic, weak little merkin he is
I was in two minds as to whether or not to go around the membership heartbreak again. All the promise of stefano having a heart.

But upon hearing news of Lees bullshit again, I decided to at least sign up the dog again for another year of pet membership.

So done.

We’ve got enough going on without this Lee relevancy nonsense. We are still on life support ffs.

It’s all over between us Lee, now take your hat and ball and go home aka FO!

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
STICKING POINT AS TIGERS OPEN TO OFFLOADING BATEMAN TO MANLY

John Bateman may have denied it, but the Tigers are looking to offload the Englishman to the Sea Eagles if they can strike a deal.

Bateman is on a deal worth $800,000 a season for the next two years, which Manly don’t have on their salary cap, but the Tigers are willing to chip in a chunk of that deal to get him off their books.

The Daily Telegraph’s Dave Riccio revealed on SEN radio that the Tigers won’t stand in Bateman’s way if he can get a deal elsewhere.

“John Bateman is a very strong character,” Riccio told SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“Benji Marshall certainly had his work cut out for him as a rookie coach to manage John’s character.

“There is tension there and they did butt heads on occasions this season.

“John went back to England this season and has returned and is speaking in all the right terms in being rejuvenated and ready to go again.

“He’s being offered to Manly and if the money is right, there is no way in the world that the Wests Tigers will stand in his way and that’s fact.

“The Tigers want players that want to be there. It will come down to money and from Manly’s point of view, it’s experience.

“It’ll come down to whether (Manly) can squeeze Bateman in the cap.”

The 31-year-old has scored 10 tries in 66 games for the Raiders and Tigers in the NRL, while he has also scored 50 tries in 219 games for Bradford, Wigan and Warrington in the Super League.

STICKING POINT AS TIGERS OPEN TO OFFLOADING BATEMAN TO MANLY

John Bateman may have denied it, but the Tigers are looking to offload the Englishman to the Sea Eagles if they can strike a deal.

Bateman is on a deal worth $800,000 a season for the next two years, which Manly don’t have on their salary cap, but the Tigers are willing to chip in a chunk of that deal to get him off their books.

The Daily Telegraph’s Dave Riccio revealed on SEN radio that the Tigers won’t stand in Bateman’s way if he can get a deal elsewhere.

“John Bateman is a very strong character,” Riccio told SEN 1170 Breakfast.

“Benji Marshall certainly had his work cut out for him as a rookie coach to manage John’s character.

“There is tension there and they did butt heads on occasions this season.

“John went back to England this season and has returned and is speaking in all the right terms in being rejuvenated and ready to go again.

“He’s being offered to Manly and if the money is right, there is no way in the world that the Wests Tigers will stand in his way and that’s fact.

“The Tigers want players that want to be there. It will come down to money and from Manly’s point of view, it’s experience.

“It’ll come down to whether (Manly) can squeeze Bateman in the cap.”

The 31-year-old has scored 10 tries in 66 games for the Raiders and Tigers in the NRL, while he has also scored 50 tries in 219 games for Bradford, Wigan and Warrington in the Super League.
In some ways, it would be a lot better if Benji and John could sort out their differences.

If it’s a personal dispute, you’d have to think it could be resolved.

Otherwise, I think Tim knew he was pretty fiery before he signed him up to that awful mega deal.

Im not sure if it was publicised, but I heard Lees client wasn’t the most punctual or even regular when it came to training.

I’d be astonished if going to training want a kpi in his contract. Not that kpis are too important.

We’ve got a lot of new players coming and sooner or later, they will be working out their social order.

The fresh meat should take some comfort that our best player will also be new. I think that gives them an easier way in.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
He didn’t have to accept instructions.

Im sure the club will make an application to have him removed from the case.

And I think we will succeed.
I tend to agree with you here.

I have no issues with Miller doing what he likes if he feels wronged. I do have a problem with Lee taking up the case due to his history with us. It doesn't sit well with me. A clear personal conflict of interest here

If Lee suceeds, I could see him do some future pro bono work against us. No doubt, Lee would have sent Bateman a best wishes email.

Tigerm

Coach
In some ways, it would be a lot better if Benji and John could sort out their differences.

If it’s a personal dispute, you’d have to think it could be resolved.

Otherwise, I think Tim knew he was pretty fiery before he signed him up to that awful mega deal.

Im not sure if it was publicised, but I heard Lees client wasn’t the most punctual or even regular when it came to training.

I’d be astonished if going to training want a kpi in his contract. Not that kpis are too important.

We’ve got a lot of new players coming and sooner or later, they will be working out their social order.

The fresh meat should take some comfort that our best player will also be new. I think that gives them an easier way in.
I think Bateman is past it as an elite forward, he was supposedly going OK in England, but he gets found out here, here they are bigger and stronger, he looks like a weed of person in comparison, yes, it has ended up a terrible contract, and when you have 3 spoons in the cupboard, the club is looking at everyone to make a change.

As for Miller, I posted earlier, that the kid is 19 on a contract most working people can only dream about.
Being late for training (a few times) shows poor attitude and can be contagious if not nipped in the bud, while he may have a future, he hasn't proved anything yet.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
I think Bateman is past it as an elite forward, he was supposedly going OK in England, but he gets found out here, here they are bigger and stronger, he looks like a weed of person in comparison, yes, it has ended up a terrible contract, and when you have 3 spoons in the cupboard, the club is looking at everyone to make a change.

As for Miller, I posted earlier, that the kid is 19 on a contract most working people can only dream about.
Being late for training (a few times) shows poor attitude and can be contagious if not nipped in the bud, while he may have a future, he hasn't proved anything yet.
Im an ESL watcher. Bateman's Warrington form was basically the same as it was for us. He worked hard in def but was very ordinary in attack. I agree with you that his Wigan/Canberra form is not coming back.

I have no issues with sacking a lazy player like Miller. Lee needs to f**k off in representing him though.

Latest posts