What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russell Packer

RHCP

Bench
Hopefully the relative lack of details/coverage about this means it's a relatively minor incident. If it was a big bust-up it would be front and back page DT.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Hopefully the relative lack of details/coverage about this means it's a relatively minor incident. If it was a big bust-up it would be front and back page DT.
Some guys eye socket was fractured, hopefully Packer was only involved and didnt do the damage.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Stood down from Knights duties indefinitely and contract not registered by the NRL ...

Frederick

Staff member
So, any decent props left on the market?

Or maybe this will bump toka up to FG

Sounds like Russell might have to packer his bags.

I just vomited a little in my mouth that was so bad.

We made it to a prelim final without Packer. No big loss. We have a bunch of young blokes chomping at the bit to replace him.

It is obvious that packer does not fit in with a Wayne Bennett club. The knights are trying to build something great, both on and off the field. It is a difficult thing to do with our off field history. We dont need this shit at our club I dont care who you are.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
So, any decent props left on the market?

Or maybe this will bump toka up to FG

Toka Likilikie is ready for FG - if he was at any other club.
Fair enough - he took the whole season to get fit and firing.

He should be ready to go - although he is only 21 - he looks 30 so should be sweet to play for dads army.

Even though I'm not overly fussed about Packer not being able to play for us now, how on earth is this fair?
What has RP done besides this incident and the Pisscorp incident?
2 strikes and he's out??

It's bull**** how bad the double standards of the NRL are.. Several names I can throw out there that have done much worse and got away with it - Inglis, Bird, SBW, Carney, Dugan, Ferguson.. Even Slater who punched someone at a nightclub and what happened to him? He got to play in the World Cup final 2 weeks later.

Pathetic.
If Packer signed to the Roosters in 2014, Doyle would've had no hesitation at all in registering his contract.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Even though I'm not overly fussed about Packer not being able to play for us not too sure now, how on earth is this fair?
2 strikes and he's out??

It's bull**** how bad the double standards of the NRL are.. Several names I can throw out there that have done much worse and got away with it - Inglis, Bird, SBW, Carney, Dugan, Ferguson.. Even Slater who punched someone at a nightclub and what happened to him? He got to play in the World Cup final 2 weeks later.

Pathetic.
If Packer signed to the Roosters in 2014, Doyle would've had no hesitation at all in registering his contract.

I agree, but I guess their are new people involved at NRL level.

He has a bad name in NZ - and probably has gotten into trouble with Warriors or Kiwis in the past.
Doyle would know more.....however not to sure if thats fair either.

Haffa

I have no problem with his contract not being registered as long as they're consistent with this new attitude.

I have no problem with his contract not being registered as long as they're consistent with this new attitude.

I was going to type exactly the same thing.

Ironic Slater decks a fella and is donning the green and gold straight away.

Good to see the NRL show some balls just a shame were the ones copping it.

RHCP

Bench
It's just a shame we're the only ones who will cop it. If this was a new attitude, Slater would have got some kind of punishment.

It's just standard NRL operations. The Knights/Raiders/non-glamour club have an issue? Let's make an example.

Only have to look as far back as Snowden's suspension.

Izz

Bench
Even though I'm not overly fussed about Packer not being able to play for us now, how on earth is this fair?
2 strikes and he's out??
There was a lot more behind us letting him go than got into the media. Couple years' worth of stuff.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
There was a lot more behind us letting him go than got into the media. Couple years' worth of stuff.

Yeah like I said Jim Doyle was NZRL CEO so he would know all about Packer.
He would have a bias against him (well thats what packer could argue).

Packer is what australians would call the ultimate bogan.
It just who he is - rugged as hell.

Its what makes him a good player too - just hard to manage.

Knight Vision

First Grade
hopefully after the court has finished it business he can register his contract , serve a suspension and get on the field. I think we need a mongrel hard nut like him in our pack. He could be the missing link to our premiership. Wayne got him for a reason.