What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russell Packer

Knight Vision

First Grade
Hope some of the guys claiming he was treated unfairly and comparing his incident to the Slater one admit they were wrong. This incident is absolutely disgusting, and the guy deadset never deserves to be allowed to play our game again IMO. One is a case of a bloke defending himself, the same as most males would do in those circumstances. The other IMO could be considered attempted murder. Atleast I think death is a very possible outcome when a 112kg football player stomps your head into the ground after beating you up.

edit
And I don't consider him to be a Newcastle Knights player. He had never taken the field for them, his contract wasn't registered and clearly the NRL refusing to do so was more then justified. They were just unlucky to have signed a player who was a piece of shit human being.
I sadly agree that he is a shit human being and his actions of stomping on a guy already unconscious is disgusting. I dont agree though that he should never play the game again. Let him serve his time. Everyone makes mistakes in life some bigger than others. I have no problem with him getting another go some time in the future

doggone

Juniors
Another slur on our Club no more giving guys another chance, go somewhere else. There are plenty of good kids would give their right arm to have the opportunity Russell got.

Haffa

The media claimed Anthony watts was ours so Russell packer is 100% yours

You mean former roosters lower grade player, Anthony Watts? His incident with Carney in April 2011 was his second stint with the club.

The roosters also paid him for most of that season.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
Another slur on our Club no more giving guys another chance, go somewhere else. There are plenty of good kids would give their right arm to have the opportunity Russell got.

If we didn't give guys another chance our centre pairing would still be Junior Sau and Wes Naiqama as opposed to Dane and BJ

Burwood

Bench
Wes Naiqama? Isn't he that guy we signed while serving periodic detention for repeated driving offenses? We'd have George Carmont still probably!

RHCP

Bench
Keith Lulia should get a run...

f**k we have had some bog ordinary players in recent seasons :lol:

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Keith Lulia was a pretty good player I thought. Not outstanding by any means, but always played solidly at centre and defended well. He struck up a fairly decent combo with Uate when Doogs was out injured. I much preferred him over Wes and Sau anyway.

Last edited:

RHCP

Bench
Yeah, Keith had his moments, like Wes' one good season. Certainly not the worst we've had, just got me thinking about some of the others.

AceAv

Juniors
Mxlegend has said it perfectly.

Good rittens to vile scum who deserve to rot in a cell where they are free to piss there shorts every day for 2 years...

As much as it pains me to say he deserves a second chance when he's out. -You have to admit; as long as there is alcohol being freely available and terry tough nutt, un-educated insecure wannabe gangsters like Packer. We'll always see this sort of thing. -Just glad he didn't kill the guy as it could have been anyone that night...