What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russell Packer

Iafeta

Referee
Packers not that big a loss. Averaged 54m a game this year, was as soft as a pillow. Bloke has an injury to his calves that has seriously halted his career. Was the best propping prospect I've seen in many a year, but injuries have shot him in the foot

Read somewhere that he might be able to play in the local comp. Sit him out, let him play local and test his injury situation and re-evaluate for 2015 I reckon.
We need a prop. Start looking for a new one.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Read somewhere that he might be able to play in the local comp. Sit him out, let him play local and test his injury situation and re-evaluate for 2015 I reckon.
We need a prop. Start looking for a new one.

I'd be happy with this idea. Does anyone remember how long we signed Mason for? Was it one or two seasons? If it was for only one, then this idea carries even more weight, as we will need a new prop in the near future.

I'd be happy with this idea. Does anyone remember how long we signed Mason for? Was it one or two seasons? If it was for only one, then this idea carries even more weight, as we will need a new prop in the near future.

2014 according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_Knights#Player_contract_situations if it can be relied on. Geez we have a lot off end of next year.

So who the hell are these new signings?
Jaelen Feeney Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Danny Kerr Burleigh Bears
Matt Minto Mackay Cutters - Trialist
Tuiala Togitasi Sydney Roosters

Last edited:

Burwood

Bench
I'm guessing it was the stomping on the face of an unconscious victim that led to the severity of the sentence.

When was the sat time a current NRL received time in jail and not just a suspended sentence or something else more lenient? I can only think of Wicks.

Joker's Wild

Coach
With the noise being made about that kid in the Cross getting "coward punched", a harsh sentence like this is not surprising given the facts.

Wasted career but he is no longer our problem

Haffa

Well after reading what he was accused of doing to the other bloke he deserves the punishment.

Such a waste.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Well f**k. That leaves our off-season's significant recruit(s) as Michael Dobson? Sheesh.

otori

Juniors
I'm pretty happy to see this high profile case get this attention. It won't stop drunken violence but hopefully it's a start. It's about time massive morons with sleeve tattoos and bad attitudes realized other people aren't their personal punching bags.

As a Knights fan, unhappy it's been our club cast ińo the spotlight again especially over a player who hasn't even started playing. I guess it was statistically probable given some of the troubled players we were signing.

Rod

Bench
Barely consider him a Knight TBH, given his contract was never registered etc. Would have been a lot more devo if it was one of our guys that had already played for us.

Just have to move on and find a replacement, interested to see what we do about replacing him.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hope some of the guys claiming he was treated unfairly and comparing his incident to the Slater one admit they were wrong. This incident is absolutely disgusting, and the guy deadset never deserves to be allowed to play our game again IMO. One is a case of a bloke defending himself, the same as most males would do in those circumstances. The other IMO could be considered attempted murder. Atleast I think death is a very possible outcome when a 112kg football player stomps your head into the ground after beating you up.

edit
And I don't consider him to be a Newcastle Knights player. He had never taken the field for them, his contract wasn't registered and clearly the NRL refusing to do so was more then justified. They were just unlucky to have signed a player who was a piece of shit human being.