What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russell Packer

Are you serious Knight Vision?

We've kept Robert Lui's and other such people out of our club, lets keep it that way.

I'd rather cheer for valiant loveable loosers then deadshits like packer.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but remember we are talking of "allegedly unprovoked assault" not Gallen and Myles punching on in Origin.

RHCP

Bench
He's yet to be convicted of anything. Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I feel like if this was a big incident the NRL would've been getting belted back and front page of the Telecrap.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Are you serious Knight Vision?

We've kept Robert Lui's and other such people out of our club, lets keep it that way.

I'd rather cheer for valiant loveable loosers then deadshits like packer.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but remember we are talking of "allegedly unprovoked assault" not Gallen and Myles punching on in Origin.
1) We dont know the full story
2) If you havent been out and got into a fight on a Saturday night your a very lucky man, its happened to me just minding my own business. And sometimes you walk away and trouble just follows you. Shit happens.
3) If he was defending himself when it happened then good luck to him , the guy got what he deserved
4) Everyone is allowed to f**k up now and again, as long as he serves his time then I would welcome him to the club and hope that he improves as a person and learns to walk away from trouble.

Lets not forget that Teflon Slater punched a man flush in the face after a little bitch slap and got away with it. I tend to agree with Sheens though that most men would of reacted the same way. I certainly would of and the Pommie prick got what he deserved.

Last edited:

what ever

Juniors
1) We dont know the full story
2) If you havent been out and got into a fight on a Saturday night your a very lucky man, its happened to me just minding my own business. And sometimes you walk away and trouble just follows you. Shit happens.
3) If he was defending himself when it happened then good luck to him , the guy got what he deserved
4) Everyone is allowed to f**k up now and again, as long as he serves his time then I would welcome him to the club and hope that he improves as a person and learns to walk away from trouble.

Lets not forget that Teflon Slater punched a man flush in the face after a little bitch slap and got away with it. I tend to agree with Sheens though that most men would of reacted the same way. I certainly would of and the Pommie prick got what he deserved.

:clap::clap: agree with your comments

KempoKnight

Juniors
are they fcking kidding themselves? slater punches on in England, puts the game into bad light on an international scale and nothings made of it. This is barely even mentioned and the same sort of incident and he faces 12? WTF

Knight Vision

First Grade
are they fcking kidding themselves? slater punches on in England, puts the game into bad light on an international scale and nothings made of it. This is barely even mentioned and the same sort of incident and he faces 12? WTF
Also Allgood from the Eels gets behind the wheel of a car drunk , Maitua from the Dogs charged with assault ( and quite a bit of history ) and get off with nothing. He's set to get the same punishment as the Sharks coach accused of overseeing illegal drug use at his club. It's all quite bizarre really. Unless its a good media hype up.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
TBO It's always annoyed me when I hear NRL supporters subjectively complain about their team being duded, however it's amazed me how much the knights have copped this year. I'm one to say that what goes around comes around, however it doesn't feel that way atm.

The Packer situation seems ridiculous when it comes to NRL consistency. I don't know what other offenses he's done that the NRL aren't telling us, but plenty of players have been allowed to play after bringing the game into disrepute, yet packer is the first player to not be registered. On top of that we have had Kade Snowden given 7 weeks for something that has happened many, many times this year, yet the other players get a slap on the wrist for it.

As hopeless as Gallop was in many ways, I still rate him over David Smith. Smith has gotten rid of the things that has made this game great for 100+ years within 12 months. He's not reated to Tony Abbott is he? They seem to have the same ability to stuff things up in a short space of time..

Knight Vision

First Grade
TBO It's always annoyed me when I hear NRL supporters subjectively complain about their team being duded, however it's amazed me how much the knights have copped this year. I'm one to say that what goes around comes around, however it doesn't feel that way atm.

The Packer situation seems ridiculous when it comes to NRL consistency. I don't know what other offenses he's done that the NRL aren't telling us, but plenty of players have been allowed to play after bringing the game into disrepute, yet packer is the first player to not be registered. On top of that we have had Kade Snowden given 7 weeks for something that has happened many, many times this year, yet the other players get a slap on the wrist for it.

As hopeless as Gallop was in many ways, I still rate him over David Smith. Smith has gotten rid of the things that has made this game great for 100+ years within 12 months. He's not reated to Tony Abbott is he? They seem to have the same ability to stuff things up in a short space of time..
+1

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
Did Brent Tate and JT come out and call for this 12 month ban? Its the only plausible explanation as to why the NRL have taken such a bullshit, inconsistent stance against Packer

RHCP

Bench
irrespective of the outcome of his court case next month.

The f**k? So if he's innocent he's still copping a year ban? He must be rooting Dave Smith's missus or something because that is f**king ridiculous.

The Dugan example they cited gives me hope if he gets off we might be able to get him into the side.

Swarzey

Bench
I don't think Packer sitting on the sideline for 2014 will do much harm to our premiership campaign. Our finals run this year would have greatly benefited with the inclusion of Snowden and Cuthbertson but overall, we still did well. We can still go one better in 2014 without him, but he would have been an incredible asset to get there.