What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russell Richardson

Karmichael Hunt

Juniors
Just a quick question. Is Russell Richardson expected to hold his starting position all year or is he just filling in until an injured player returns?

Matt23

Staff member
He'll have competition from Mark Hughes once he recovers from injury and George Carmont.

antonius

Coach
Karmichael Hunt said:
Just a quick question. Is Russell Richardson expected to hold his starting position all year or is he just filling in until an injured player returns?

He's in the box seat at the moment, but I think the biggest threat to his spot could be Carmont, if Richardson converts the promise he's shown in the pre-season and training into on field performance there's no reason why he wont stay there

Alex28

Coach
I'll tell you this for sure - he will not have any competition from Mark Hughes this year. Or any year after it.

It's about time the Knights got serious and not keep guys in the squad because they are nice guys. Both Mark Hughes and Robbie O'Davis have had their careers extended my this method of selection...

Hmm, odavis is a champ, he made the qld squad last year.. I'd still have him in the team over anyone for fullback..

Big Mick

Referee
If O'Davis continues with this injury, richardson will keep his spot and hughes will go to fullback when he gets back.

Matt23

Staff member
Seage will go to fullback...Hughes will struggle to get a spot, let alone at fullback

Raider_69

Post Whore
Robbie needs to go
and preferably before origin, becuase his rooting corspe is going yet again keep out more deserving players like Slater, Schifcofske and Wesser

Hughs was a one year wonder

Raider_69

Post Whore
fatty vautin on K.Giddley "this kid could be looking at origin"

the kid has talent but IMO he sits behind a host of 5/8ths

Tams

Juniors
Well, if Richardson has many more games like he did tonight I think he'll be a bench player when Boozey comes back. Yeah he made a few good breaks and had some ok defence, but his errors kind of wiped his good efforts out for me.

Risa

Bench
Matt23 said:
Carmont's more of threat then Hughes.

Was just going to post the exact same thing. If Richardson continues to play like tonight he'll be in Premier League before too long...

Sportsjock

Juniors
Risa said:
Matt23 said:
Carmont's more of threat then Hughes.

Was just going to post the exact same thing. If Richardson continues to play like tonight he'll be in Premier League before too long...

Well I actually thought apart from a few drop balls, he was pretty solid!

He set up Quinns try with a nice in and away, and felt he contributed to a pretty awesome defensive effort - he was always a pretty strong defender?

I dont know , I felt Richo was solid enough to be there again next week, and likely improve as he starts to fit into the Knights game plan.