What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Matterson possibly on the way out?

Front-Rower

First Grade
Packer, Matulino, Reynolds & McQueen.

I might be in the minority but Reynolds and Packer should be playing first grade consistently. The coach not selecting them, especially Reynolds, is mind boggling to say the least.

Mats is injured and was playing firsts before he succumbed. It’s a bit hard to say he was seeing it out in reserves.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I might be in the minority but Reynolds and Packer should be playing first grade consistently. The coach not selecting them, especially Reynolds, is mind boggling to say the least.

Mats is injured and was playing firsts before he succumbed. It’s a bit hard to say he was seeing it out in reserves.
I agree with Matulino, just being lazy in not discerning the different circumstances of each named player.

axl rose

Bench
I might be in the minority but Reynolds and Packer should be playing first grade consistently.
How do you get rid of someone you don't want? play him in first grade and hope another club sees value in him? or banish him to reserves as Madge did? I remember watching a behind the scenes documentary with Souths CEO Shane Richardson and he said if you want to get rid of someone "its time to not be nice"

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member

Why would you play Packer ? Unless you wanted to finnish even lower then 9th. He was completely lazy and undeserving of playing 1st grade.

The unknown

Juniors
FTR, Clarke replaced Packer and was doubling his workload on 1/10th the pay. It's frustrating because I think if Packer actually gave a shit he is the intimidation factor we desperately need.

With some of the performances hes put in he may aswell wear a tutu tho

I didn't mind Matulino, I just think he's broken. He definitely put in for us.

Das Hassler

Bench
How many games has he even played in reserve grade this year? ....has he been available for first.grade selection since at least SOO ?

macnaz

Staff member
End of the day Matterson has been pretty dam good but certainly not brilliant , if we had a backline that could produce points we wouldnt need to rely on dynamic ball playing and running forwards unless they are in the game winning game class consistently.
I ve been impressed with Luke Garner this year after a stint in 2nd grade , he fought for his position back and earnt it without sooking ... hmmm he probably deserves more as well Ryan ??

macnaz

Staff member
FTR, Clarke replaced Packer and was doubling his workload on 1/10th the pay. It's frustrating because I think if Packer actually gave a shit he is the intimidation factor we desperately need.

Yep... pay rise for Ckarke as well Ryan !!

Tigerm

First Grade
Vic, how much were/are we offering the Titans bloke to come here? I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
Just reading an article from a few weeks back, that we were (along with Eels & Dogs) looking at offering Arrow, $3.2m over 4 years, no wonder our bloke feels under paid.
However, I think he should get some sort of up grade, but nothing like $800k / year. Not yet anyway.

simmo05

Bench

I have said before, packer is the missing intimidation factor in this pack. We lost 9 out of 10 when he got injured in the middle of last year. My mate played with him at stgeorge and said he is a really shit trainer, but is totally intimidating on the park. If madge is prepared to go with nice guys, great, but the slightest bit of intimidation would have gone a long way this year. To not use him because because he comes last in team runs is a bit f**ken stupid.

Latest posts