What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Webb

Rod Coil

Juniors
The point is don't sack your CEO(at least don't announce it to the world) unless you have already arranged his replacement, amateurish imbeciles
I can’t argue with that.
We never seem to have worked out a Plan B before it matters. E.g. Hunt, Mary, Hook, recruitment. Always chasing our tails, behind the pacesetters.
Will that ever change?

Dragon David

First Grade
I can’t argue with that.
We never seem to have worked out a Plan B before it matters. E.g. Hunt, Mary, Hook, recruitment. Always chasing our tails, behind the pacesetters.
Will that ever change?
I hope so Rod. I think that the review that they recently had has shaken up the heads of a few members of the Board - Lancaster leading the way I would hope which might get things moving in a better direction for the Dragons.

With the scathing report handed down on Hunt, he would not be at all happy and I sense that he will be looking for a way out in 2025.

I am hoping that the Board selects a much stronger person to be the next CEO who has more footy knowledge than the one that will be departing.

I have used hope a few times in this post, that is basically all we can hope for. Oops!.

Rexxy

Coach
No ex player like BC to be CE will be a puppet to the board .
Suddenly it’s a 20 million dollar business. Not a suburban accounting firm. Look at the board of roosters. Sure there’s a sex offender but they have business star power across the boardroom.

possm

Coach
I sincerely hope that Twiggy can have a positive impact on the operation of the club but the hard reality is that our Board are responsible for the success of the team and Twiggy will have little ability to provide influence and direction over the Board.
The success of any organisation is the result of the decisions made by those at the top of the organisational tree - the Board.
Unfortunately our Board in all its forms over the last 14 years have not made the right decisions.
They may be wonderful people with the best of intentions, but they clearly lack the right skills to work as a cohesive team and make decisions that lead to success.
Whilst I have been frustrated with our various Boards for many years I hold no ill will for them. It’s no doubt a tough job, but unfortunately they are square pegs trying to fit into round holes.
The best legacy they could leave would be to listen to the likes of Twiggy and come up with a new board structure that brings in people with the right skills - then step aside.
Doust and his mates are happy with the way things are. He definitely would not want change.

matPORTS

Juniors
Kevin Walters sacked last Thursday night. Come Tuesday morning the new coach will be announced and instilled. Yes - there is no doubt that Madge and the Broncos board would have been talking for sometime already behind closed doors. But this is the prime example of how a good board and CEO go about their business (working with foresight). This is an example of a club who DEMAND success (yes they may have struggled to achieve it in recent years but that doesn't mean they don't expect it any less).

I won't go back and re-hash all examples of poor decisions from the last 14 or so years...

But just in the last calendar year alone, we have known about the need to fill a void in our front row stocks. We tried to sign Addin Fonua-Blake - which collimated in our latest courtship of Reagan Campbell-Gillard. We are a month out from pre-season beginning, and we still have not filled that void.

Yes, there is a lot more to it. But it's incredibly frustrating, again, seeing another club (this time in the Broncos) fill their void in a matter of days whereas it takes years seemingly.

Dragon David

First Grade
I keep saying. Our mob just fiddle arse about on many things and those many things which include recruitment of staff and players doesn't appear to be a priority which I am only assuming because what the eff is going on with signings at this god forsaken club. We just cannot "seal a deal" and when we do it takes ages that when it is announced it is an anti-climax. The chances of good staff and good players coming has dwindled as time goes by and 2025 will more or less be a repeat of 2024.

Not only did we have a lack of action at the end of 2024 on the field, we have a lack of action on recruitment so it appears. No one wants to come - it will be an anti-climax. Aaaaaaaaaaaah!!