What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

S o o - 3

I would call myself a big Parra fan but i don't know every game since i was born and before. Does that mean i'm not really a fan?
Is there a history test i need to pass first

Apples v Oranges Hybrid.

Eels have played hundreds of games.

Origin has had 3 a year (sans the early years and the 4th in 87 history buffs ;-) ) for nearly 30 years....not that much to recall.

strider

Post Whore
but see Jess this is the diff between Qld and NSW that you guys don't get.

This is built into us...Origin was about Queensland getting back our best players and beating NSW and everything that has happened in between.

It truly is as simple as that.
I've said it before (and got howled down) - but I'll say it again ...

Queenslanders carry a chip on their shoulder in regards to Origin - they were considered the lesser competition for a long time and then when SOO came about they had to prove themselves - and its never stopped ... I liken it to small man syndrome :lol:

Last edited:

forward pass

Coach
Not if you are as passionate about your league as you say you are...particularly something as big as Origin.

See as a Queenslander I just don't get how you wouldn't?

And therein lies the difference.....

So belly - explain to me how a passionate born and bred QLD'er becomes an Eel supporter? I am just curious.

So belly - explain to me how a passionate born and bred QLD'er becomes an Eel supporter? I am just curious.

First game I can remember watching on the tele...loved how we played our footy. Great team.

I supported a team called Easts in the lcoal league when it was strong but never gave the Broncos a 2nd thought when they came intot he comp. I never liked how their club was run.

I've said it before (and got howled down) - but I'll say it again ...

Queenslanders carry a chip on their shoulder in regards to Origin - they were considered the lesser competition for a long time and then when SOO came about they had to prove themselves - and its never stopped ... I liken it to small man syndrome :lol:

I'll go along with that Stridsey.

Except we are not a small man anymore!

Parra Guru

Coach
:lol: keep playing your passion card. NSW fans know their origin history. They know that Chris Close is a dog. They don't have to be specific with dates to know that.

:lol: keep playing your passion card. NSW fans know their origin history. They know that Chris Close is a dog. They don't have to be specific with dates to know that.

I'm not asking for dates.

The moments stand out.

Is it really that hard....f**k I didn't know it would be this bad.

The Colonel

Immortal
I'll go along with that Stridsey.

Except we are not a small man anymore!

I don't know about that..... you'd think your mob are still hard done by.

Mind you Chris Close, never known for it in the past, is the only one talking sense.

Poore did find an unlikely Maroons supporter. Former Queensland centre Chris Close said he didn't think there was any malice in it. "I'm sure Justin Poore didn't realise Steve Price was injured or took advantage of him. It happened in the heat of the moment," he said.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,25794010-5012431,00.html

hybrideel

Bench
Apples v Oranges Hybrid.

Eels have played hundreds of games.

Origin has had 3 a year (sans the early years and the 4th in 87 history buffs ;-) ) for nearly 30 years....not that much to recall.

You are talking a fair few games still Belly, what is it almost 90?
But anyway Origin is not my main priority when it comes to league, the Eels are. To be honest except for the highlights you see on occasions i have more than likely not even seen on Origin game prior to 88-90.Haven't missed once since though and remember most major points in all those games. If that makes me not a passionate NSW supporter then i guess i'll just have to live with that

thedux

Juniors
The Qlders are kidding themselves aren't they??? Talking about Poore's actions as being low but conveniently forgetting that it was Price's knee that started the whole thing in the first place. And of course the 5-man gang tackle and cheap shots on Gidley was the stuff of real men!!!