What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Adam O'Brien

slotmachine

First Grade
You don't recover from that.

I think it's possible. When the players quit there's a few options:

a) have the coach shake things up, try a new approach and see if they start listening again
b) sack the players
c) sack the coach

Because it's the Knights what it looks like is going to happen:
keep the players, keep the arrogant coach who refuses to change anything, end up with the same bad results.

perverse

Referee
I think it's possible. When the players quit there's a few options:

a) have the coach shake things up, try a new approach and see if they start listening again
b) sack the players
c) sack the coach

Because it's the Knights what it looks like is going to happen:
keep the players, keep the arrogant coach who refuses to change anything, end up with the same bad results.
I can't recall a coach losing the sheds, publicly, and recovering. I could just be forgetful though.

Like in theory sure, there's options... but this usually only ends 1 way.

slotmachine

First Grade
Not saying it's likely, it would take AOB admitting whatever he's doing at the moment is a complete failure.
Which isn't going to happen.

Yosh

Coach
Guys! I think I figured it out. There is some master 4D chess being played by Parr.

As soon as he arrives, all hell breaks loose in public all over the media? We have been terrible all year and only now it's all over the news? Players argue with the trainer all the time, but suddenly Klemmer is dropped entirely from the team? AOB has been pretty tame (and lame) during press conferences but this weekend he loses the plot? All during the week Parr arrives?

Parr is digging up all the issues the club has been hiding under the rug in the most public and humiliating way possible. Get it out there, show the world how much of a mess we are, put the blame firmly on AOB. Parr can get rid of all the deadwood, blame all the crap on AOB and give himself a clean slate to work from.

Did I articulate myself well enough?

aqua_duck

Coach
Literally every media outlet is saying his position is safe. All of them.
yep, I don't think he will be sacked for 2 reasons, firstly Parr has only just arrived, he'll want a bit of time to assess AOB as a coach and if AOB were to get sacked immediately the optics I feel wouldn't be great for Parr. Secondly there's simply no one internally to take over, his most senior assistant is Willie Peters who if off to the UK in a few weeks, the other assistants are pretty green in their current roles as is.

Knight Tales

Juniors
yep, I don't think he will be sacked for 2 reasons, firstly Parr has only just arrived, he'll want a bit of time to assess AOB as a coach and if AOB were to get sacked immediately the optics I feel wouldn't be great for Parr. Secondly there's simply no one internally to take over, his most senior assistant is Willie Peters who if off to the UK in a few weeks, the other assistants are pretty green in their current roles as is.
Parr needs to turn over the entire coaching structure at senior level if O’Brien stays. If we don’t find a suitable experienced assistant then why is Parr even here?

Knight Tales

Juniors
Why on earth would you sack every coach except AOB?
If he stays he needs to be accountable and fear for his job. The current setup is a free for all. They are not up to the job. A good assistant will not be afraid to speak up. It is why many believe Furner left. Could
Not cop the arrogance when he himself had way more experience.

Yosh

Coach
Parr would have a pretty good idea already I reckon. He has been in the game for over 20 years and it's not like our team is mid table and doing decently. We suck. The place is on fire. I reckon he is already looking for replacements and soon as something is arranged, AOB is gone.

Bdubs

Juniors
so i've been trying to work out why O'Brien thinks he is so safe reguardless of how poor we are and the playing group clearly not putting in for him. He's either dilusional or he knows something

He is managed by Moses isn't he? How many of our playing group are managed by Moses as well and which players?

I am thinking that Moses is holding the club to ransome with threats of taking away players if we sack O'Brien. I could be wrong and trying to join dots that aren't actually there but didn't he do something similar to the another club?

The players didn't turn up and got Brown sacked, looks like they are trying it again.

It's time to take back control from the CHILDREN and send them all home and start again.

That includes getting rid of Johns, beds etc.
Sack the entire 30 man roster plus support staff?

Yeah, good plan...

Alex28

Coach
Parr would have a pretty good idea already I reckon. He has been in the game for over 20 years and it's not like our team is mid table and doing decently. We suck. The place is on fire. I reckon he is already looking for replacements and soon as something is arranged, AOB is gone.
You have to remember whatever Parr recommends still needs to be signed off by Gardner and the board…

Alex28

Coach
Again, a coach can not keep his job if his team loses every week. Just can’t.
Or, the club decides whether the coach runs the team, or the team decides whether they’ll play for the coach.

They can decide to cut the ones who won’t play for the coach - when they aren’t putting in, they are disrespecting the jersey, the club, the fans, the members, the history, the city.

The club deserves better than players who won’t put in for the club. It’s not like it’s the only workplace who have staff that don’t like their boss.

Latest posts