What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Flanagan

I'm Hornby

Juniors
My point here is, what you are after, we cant change or fix. You wont find one member on here that disagrees with you about the board or the management we have had and have. As for Flanno being a recruiting manager or assistant coach, agree lots of things could have changed but what control did Mary have over him or the club. Unless you are part of this inner sanctum day in day out, nor you or I or anyone on this forum will know exactly what is being done. I dont know what Flanno's employment conditions were and nor do I care, he wasn't my first choice, Hasler was, but I wont crucify him after 11 games, sure he may have said some things which he shouldn't have but every coach says things, would you prefer he said "the Dragons are a loser club giving me my last chance to coach". If you were to put away the hate for a bit and allow the process to play itself out, you may get your wish sooner rather than later, Flanno is very aware of where he stands.
I'm very aware that my comments on a forum won't change or fix anything, thank you. However I am certainly going to continue to voice my frustrations and express my point of view, people don't want to hear it right now but I'm sure time will prove me right.

By the way, Flanagan clearly has questionable morals. I am very confident if he chooses to walk away it will be to try and salvage any ounce of hope he has at being given a third chance as a head coach at another club in the NRL. He'll happily throw the dragons under the bus if this does occur, I'm sure his defenders on here will lend a sympathetic ear but I certainly will not.

Lennyb

Juniors
I'm very aware that my comments on a forum won't change or fix anything, thank you. However I am certainly going to continue to voice my frustrations and express my point of view, people don't want to hear it right now but I'm sure time will prove me right.

By the way, Flanagan clearly has questionable morals. I am very confident if he chooses to walk away it will be to try and salvage any ounce of hope he has at being given a third chance as a head coach at another club in the NRL. He'll happily throw the dragons under the bus if this does occur, I'm sure his defenders on here will lend a sympathetic ear but I certainly will not.
Morals?

St George letterhead sponsored a pedophile.

You need to redirect your focus. Im Horny.

Lennyb

Juniors
Haha, also horny.

If a club like Parra offered him a gig.

He would be mad to knock it back.

Then we are left with Young.

How do you think he will go?

hook hook

Juniors

f**k off mate you only come alive after a loss. Beat it griffin

Dragons4me

Juniors
I'm not sure what the point of your rant is here, Justa?

I'm very well within my rights to critique Flanagan's coaching ability and character, particularly when he is doing a piss poor job of being a head coach.

It's high time that people in this place realise the problems of our team run a lot deeper than the coach, something I've pointed out for a very long time. Along with that, those same people also need to come to the realisation that they were dead wrong and naive in their previous and in the majority of cases, ongoing views that Flanagan can right the ship.

Flanagan gets no sympathy from me as he knew what he was getting in to and previously claimed that at Cronulla he ran recruitment and pathways under a similar set up. If that fool has realised now he has bitten off more than he can chew and decides to step down as head coach, I'll be very hopeful that our next coach can make demands to change the hierarchical structure of the club BEFORE they are appointed.
Furthermore that Fool will still be half as foolish as the people who I've made mention of above.
Easy to criticise. Anyone can do that. Begin your sentences along the lines with "Sack Flanno and replace him with ..........". Give your reasons including why they'd come to the Dragons and maybe, just maybe readers would actually read your posts instead of scrolling onto the next comment.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Haha, also horny.

If a club like Parra offered him a gig.

He would be mad to knock it back.

Then we are left with Young.

How do you think he will go?
That's a big IF considering no one wanted him as a head coach besides our desperados, however it would be good to see him shit the bed at the Eels too and maybe their supporters would work out quicker than ours that he is a total fraud?

Young is definitely not the answer but it's not as if fraud Flanno and his mate Deano are the only two coaches on the planet is it?

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I think it's a bit unfair to judge Flanagan on his morals when you seem to see it fit to make snide and dismissive comments towards other posters on here, not just about their views but also their intelligence.

It's fine to question somebody's morals. We all do it. But when you continue to come on here and make a mockery of those who simply disagree with you and pick fights with other posters instead of engaging in some kind of discussion, it becomes a problem. After all, those without sin should cast the first stone

Crush

Coach
I think it's a bit unfair to judge Flanagan on his morals when you seem to see it fit to make snide and dismissive comments towards other posters on here, not just about their views but also their intelligence.

It's fine to question somebody's morals. We all do it. But when you continue to come on here and make a mockery of those who simply disagree with you and pick fights with other posters instead of engaging in some kind of discussion, it becomes a problem. After all, those without sin should cast the first stone
Mate, he doesn’t have a problem with Flanno, it’s all just about trying to get some revenge on other posters. He’s a “win the internet” guy.
You know those people that make a strong statement then stick by it at all cost, never change their views and repeat them over and over.
Mr. Hornby backed Hook in from the beginning and took exception to other posters who called for his sacking. He’s trying to get some back, calling for Flanno sacking. I mean he started from round 1 essentially, that’s just ludicrous.
Another one of Hornbys great claims was that Fitzgibbon wasnt worthy of being a first grade coach, he went on and on about it. Until Sharks started winning most of their games and then he went quiet. Instead of changing his mind and saying gee I got that wrong.
I think most of us just call it as we see it, when we think something looks good we say so, if that changes for the bad, we say so.
Hornby will continue to make negative posts about Flanno and hope his day comes where he can say told you so, and if he can’t, he just won’t post about it like Fitzgibbon.

justadragon

Bench

You know the funny thing is I agree with about 60% of what you say, but the thing I will never do is question anyones morals on a public forum. Its really not up to us to determine what moral values people have, I dont know them personally and never will, I judge on what is happening to the Dragons football club and nothing more. I would assume Hook , Mary and Chinless are very nice guys and have got a nice personal life, all I'm interested in was their coaching ability and criticised that. Flanno will cop the same judgement , its already starting to happen, but we have to give it a chance. If he falls by the wayside you can scream out loud "i told you so" but until then members dont want to hear it every single time you post. Its time to shelve the hate and as I said before allow whatever process is in place to run its course, I'm already thinking a lot of members have got you on ignore, and thats a shame really because some things you say are very good. Cut the crap out IH and support the club and the coach for a while no matter how much it pains you, learn that we all have and are entiltled to our own views just like you are.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
You know the funny thing is I agree with about 60% of what you say, but the thing I will never do is question anyones morals on a public forum.
This isn't true at all, JD. You've already liked or supported several posts on this forum today that have been derogatory towards my own morals and character.

It is a public forum and we're all here to express our views and challenge or support other views, it really isn't up to you to be the arbiter of the forum mate, so be prepared to read all sorts of different posts and viewpoints including mine.

justadragon

Bench
This isn't true at all, JD. You've already liked or supported several posts on this forum today that have been derogatory towards my own morals and character.

It is a public forum and we're all here to express our views and challenge or support other views, it really isn't up to you to be the arbiter of the forum mate, so be prepared to read all sorts of different posts and viewpoints including mine.
If you notice IH I generally try to read everyones comments, good or bad. I'm not the arbiter of this forum and dont wish to be, the moral issue was brought up by you first against Flanno and once again members didnt like it and you copped it back. I'm over with this now, there doesn't seem to be any willingness in you to accept critique of your own posts. Yes I will continue to read all the members views, including yours.

Lennyb

Juniors
That's a big IF considering no one wanted him as a head coach besides our desperados, however it would be good to see him shit the bed at the Eels too and maybe their supporters would work out quicker than ours that he is a total fraud?

Young is definitely not the answer but it's not as if fraud Flanno and his mate Deano are the only two coaches on the planet is it?
Anyone who has the slightest interest in the Dragons can see why Young was appointed.

Fans of other clubs can see why Flanno was appointed.

If you could fill me in on the fraud meaning, im all ears.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Anyone who has the slightest interest in the Dragons can see why Young was appointed.

Fans of other clubs can see why Flanno was appointed.

If you could fill me in on the fraud meaning, im all ears.
Fraud of a coach.

I'm not sure how he won a premiership at Cronulla when our team is no less insipid than it has been at any point in the last 12 years or so.

If he were a good coach we'd see a marked positive difference in all things by now, but we haven't.

Lennyb

Juniors
Fraud of a coach.

I'm not sure how he won a premiership at Cronulla when our team is no less insipid than it has been at any point in the last 12 years or so.

If he were a good coach we'd see a marked positive difference in all things by now, but we haven't.
Damn, is that it?

Take break. Maybe some yoga, get a humidifier and throw some essential oils in there. Take a walk on the grass barefoot.

Sorry for being harsh, but seriously.

saintmar

Juniors
Fair enough, then if that is the case why bother having any assistants? Flanno is doing everything else.
what is everything else?
everything is a disaster.
recruitment-giving away our best attacking weapons.
chasing every one and signing no one.
apparently losing future stars Iike Tamale by not playing them and pissing them off by announcing you are after juniors from other clubs even before securing them.
as for where we are at in terms of last year well I look at points differential and points for and against compared to this time last year- another disaster in both attack and defence and nearly 50 points worse of in points differential.
so where is the improvement?
The buck stops with the head coach and his press conference after the dogs game was an admission of where we are at.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
what is everything else?
everything is a disaster.
recruitment-giving away our best attacking weapons.
chasing every one and signing no one.
apparently losing future stars Iike Tamale by not playing them and pissing them off by announcing you are after juniors from other clubs even before securing them.
as for where we are at in terms of last year well I look at points differential and points for and against compared to this time last year- another disaster in both attack and defence and nearly 50 points worse of in points differential.
so where is the improvement?
The buck stops with the head coach and his press conference after the dogs game was an admission of where we are at.

Has it ever occurred to you that our recruitment so necessary because the club has been f**ked for so many years? Producing useless juniors like yourself which shit coaches like Steve Price and Paul McGregor persisted with for far too many years at the expense of far better juniors like Damien Cook (who's progression you blocked) and eventually Robson (who your mighty coach couldn't even correctly pronounce the name of).

Improvement is that last year we won 5 games from 24; this year we're 5 win from 11. I know you took a few knocks to your head in your time Mitch but the maths is pretty simple.

His press conference after the game is an admission that his primary player - Ben Hunt - is about as mentally fragile as they get and he's f**king frustrated that this team of numpties haven't got the gumption to dig deep when they hit adversity. You know better than most that at 12-6 up we shouldn't have let 38 unanswered flow through the doors and the people responsible for that are the soft cocks we've let drain our cap for years.

Latest posts