What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Flanagan

Is it an issue to anyone that Flanagan will be a member of trhe 2GB Continuous Call Team on Saturday? I assume he will be paid for it of course.

I don't want to sound like a prude but it seems a little on the amateurish side for our club (which is consistent to everything else that goes on). We are not travelling very well, no one really seems to care, nothing is happening to turn it around, and he has a day up his sleeve to banter and gibber. Would it be happening if we were heading towards finals?

I don't mind that he has a personality - I like that - but our position is no laughing matter and while i don't think it can do great harm to the team, it just doesn't seem right to me on a few levels.

Have I just become a Karen/ Darren?? What do you guys think?

Old Timer

Coach
So on the basis of all the positivity that means the next 2 games are in the bag and the one after that a real good chance.

BLM01

First Grade
So on the basis of all the positivity that means the next 2 games are in the bag and the one after that a real good chance.
Well it sounds like some of us on this forum are not the only ones positive. All 4 commentators on 2MMM reckon (yeh I know how much does one value their opinion..but) it is clear how much a better side we are this year acknowledging the ups and downs (blowouts) as well as we have exceeded expectations because all and sundry had us for the spoon. They also said it will take Flanno some time or any coach to get us really going and 2 more years may not be enough. Acknowledged we have not landed big marquees yet but we are actively trying..which ius more than the last 5-6 years.
Its OK OT not trying to persuade you but thought I would bring in outsider perspectives with no ties.

But for me I tend to agree with them only for the fact we play better in attack except for 5th tackle options, some players have really lifted and when on in defense we can be good.
And agree with the coach.. I dont fully get the answer or understand the why around the Jekyll & Hyde performances yet except...is it part of the ride for going from the shouse to the..regular Top 8? for starters.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
What’s your point OT?
The point is we still have a lot to prove and the jury is well and truly still out.

When we start beating reasonable sides who are not down on troops I will be more than happy to say we have turned the corner.

I understand the cock a hoop attitude but it's not for me as I don't want a quick fling I prefer a much more stable relationship.

Are we looking better in some respects no doubt about that but in so many simple areas we still look like the same old rabble.

No Lawrie and a Couchman would go a long way to helping my long term anxiety levels drop a little.

Crush

Coach
The point is we still have a lot to prove and the jury is well and truly still out.

When we start beating reasonable sides who are not down on troops I will be more than happy to say we have turned the corner.

I understand the cock a hoop attitude but it's not for me as I don't want a quick fling I prefer a much more stable relationship.

Are we looking better in some respects no doubt about that but in so many simple areas we still look like the same old rabble.

No Lawrie and a Couchman would go a long way to helping my long term anxiety levels drop a little.
That’s the most positive post I’ve seen from you in years, its just the beginning OT.

Latest posts