What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Flanagan

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Well he isn't in the drivers seat yet and I am interested to see how Carr goes for the duration of the season so no need for me to leave just yet.

I understand your position re Young and I would have been in that boat right along with you but Flanagan and his failure to admit any guilt is another entire matter altogether for me.

I am not asking anyone to agree with me I'm just merely stating my position and intention and the reason behind that.

You taking pot shots as if I am a traitor to the cause is ridiculous and just shows me that the club could do anything and you would ultimately accept it whereas I have had my patience tested one to many times and on an issue that is not negotiable.
"The first month or two it was awful, I didn't leave the house," Flanagan revealed to 100% Footy.

"It was probably six months of doing it really tough but as the clouds started to really clear and I started taking ownership for what had happened and it seemed alot easier and I got through it.

"It took a couple of months to undertstand and stop blaming other people and looking for excuses and understand how I put myself in that position."

Seems like he owned up

Old Timer

Coach
"The first month or two it was awful, I didn't leave the house," Flanagan revealed to 100% Footy.

"It was probably six months of doing it really tough but as the clouds started to really clear and I started taking ownership for what had happened and it seemed alot easier and I got through it.

"It took a couple of months to undertstand and stop blaming other people and looking for excuses and understand how I put myself in that position."

Seems like he owned up
So where is the bit that says “I knew what Danks was all about and what he was going to do and that it was anything but legal”
He still maintains he didn’t know anything until after it all blew up and I simply don’t believe that.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
So where is the bit that says “I knew what Danks was all about and what he was going to do and that it was anything but legal”
He still maintains he didn’t know anything until after it all blew up and I simply don’t believe that.
That's what you believe and you are absolutely entitled to do so OT. We all have varying opinions, though none of us can say for sure what his involvement was. Also, while I don't agree with everything you say, I always enjoy your posts and would hate to see you go mate and hope you can stick around

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
Correct

I’ll see out the year and then I’ll put my footy gear away in a box and Re read Never Before and Never Again for the next few years.

No doubt we have endured many bad decisions over the years and that has made following this club very difficult but this is beyond the pale for me.

If Flanagan had of been upfront, fessed up and complied with all that was asked of him then my position would be very different.

Drugs of any sort is dirty business but under the code of “trust me” and “it’s all ok he’s a Dr” that is horrendous..
Impressive start by Flanno.

Hasn’t even started yet and he’s already clearing out some of the dead wood from the club.

dragon thomo

Juniors
This post was produced by a dickhead that thought it would be funny.
And anyone that is going on about past dicretions, must have no skeletons off their own.

DragonBorn95

Juniors
I suggest you do a bit of research there old chap because you claim is incorrect.

Furthermore there is a discernible difference between players knowingly taking drugs by their own volition as against unsuspecting players being lined up to be injected with things they were told were ok and were legal.

If you can’t see the difference in those 2 issues then you are indeed blind.
Old timer.. wake up and wipe the dribble. Condecending prick

BLM01

First Grade
Well he isn't in the drivers seat yet and I am interested to see how Carr goes for the duration of the season so no need for me to leave just yet.

I understand your position re Young and I would have been in that boat right along with you but Flanagan and his failure to admit any guilt is another entire matter altogether for me.

I am not asking anyone to agree with me I'm just merely stating my position and intention and the reason behind that.

You taking pot shots as if I am a traitor to the cause is ridiculous and just shows me that the club could do anything and you would ultimately accept it whereas I have had my patience tested one to many times and on an issue that is not negotiable.
So your staying until Flanno walks in the building? Odour?
So it is not the decision to sign him that concerns you and forcing you to walk away. Odd