What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

jodragon40

Juniors
Just checking back , is he gone yet .........
Nope he's up here on the GC for a week with well at least half of the squad so nothing is going to happen this week. All members have been invited to a 1 hr meeting next Tuesday to ask members of the board a question. It's in Wollongong and a last minute arrangement. You can zoom into the meeting. I walked past half of the squad yesterday when their bus parked outside my apartment complex. They went for a swim and into the Northcliffe SLSC. They didn't make any eye contact. Just wanted to be left alone. I was wearing my dragons gear walking my dog but they just kept eyes down the whole time.

Illusion

Bench
Nope he's up here on the GC for a week with well at least half of the squad so nothing is going to happen this week. All members have been invited to a 1 hr meeting next Tuesday to ask members of the board a question. It's in Wollongong and a last minute arrangement. You can zoom into the meeting. I walked past half of the squad yesterday when their bus parked outside my apartment complex. They went for a swim and into the Northcliffe SLSC. They didn't make any eye contact. Just wanted to be left alone. I was wearing my dragons gear walking my dog but they just kept eyes down the whole time.
Well when the time comes he can get Lomax to help him pack , because Benny will be too upset ......

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Maybe they're scared of dogs.

since77

Juniors
On the Hornby rumours I’d dearly love him to be a success but as another poster said he’d be like a lamb in a slaughter house with where the club is at now. If this happens it would truly demonstrate the board hasn’t learnt anything at all from a decade of terrible coaching appointments. It really has to be either Hasler or Flanagan while the club is in such a deep hole. A few years down the track and with the ship turned around I could see Hornby coming in and having success. But we need a coach with runs on the board at this point in time.

yet somehow Hornby is seemingly the front runner.
I'm hearing Jason Ryles is the front runner, that is while he remains uncommited to the Storm. Hasler has gone on the back burner as he is overseas and yet to talk to the Board, in fact our useless FO is yet to even interview a single candidate. Meanwhile the team Griffin assembled continues to lose games they had a big sniff to win.

Extremely poor outdated coaching !!!!
We all know how bad Griffin has been as we see it every week. Playing favorites with his mates, dumping juniors, now mass cullings of good players, made scapegoats for his incompetence. But what of his assistants, Ryan Carr and Ben Woolf. Are they being given free rein at training or kept in the background as past assistants under Griffin have been. Our biggest weakness is our defense, more so than our structureless attack. I think it is Carr that is our defense coach. He'd not have been employed if he was a dud after that Gentle bloke so what influence is he having on our poor defenders.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Ryles dumb? He has been assistant to Bellamy and Robbo and had a stint in the Union? For a dumb guy he seems to have made some smart decisions in regards to getting good experience in coaching. He would be my pick ahead of Hornby. I heard he is the one Saints want but he is the one yet to commit. I think he is waiting on the Bellamy decision. Carryannis the journalist said this in a pod. He is a big Dragons fan.

Ryle's family apparently has moved to the Gong so there is still a huge chance he will be the one.

TheRev

First Grade
If Ryles is interested again, its probably because a) the Storm wont be hiring him in the near future and b) perhaps we have made some other appointments that give him some confidence (such as replacing Haran with someone decent).

I wanted an experienced coach.. but if you are going to choose a rookie.. he is the one.. but I still think he needs some good heads around him.. not what we have currently.

Old Timer

Coach
Ryles was a dumb player do we really see him being any different as a head coach?
Ryles was an enterprising and uncompromising front row forward.

Yes he made mistakes but also laid good platforms and made big inroads into the opposition which our attack launched off.

We would have been a lot less potent without him.

A more senior coach at the time and he plays a lot more rep footy and we win a couple of comps.

St Tangles

Bench
Ryles was an enterprising and uncompromising front row forward.

Yes he made mistakes but also laid good platforms and made big inroads into the opposition which our attack launched off.

We would have been a lot less potent without him.

A more senior coach at the time and he plays a lot more rep footy and we win a couple of comps.
Yes a more senior coach
Probably what we need right now