What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Ok time to put it out there. Hook unless you change your stubborn ways I will no longer support you.
1- Our defence coach is the same defence coach that Brisbane employed during Siebolds term as head coach. They had the worst defence in the history of the broncs. Then Why in gods name would you think he should be part of our coaching staff.
2- McCulloch nice bloke but enough is enough.
3- Aaron woods. Unless I am totally blind I have no idea why you would pick him. He is no value.

Finally you need to take our best player and put him at hooker. He can guide the side around and help with Sullivan and Amone.

I’m confused why you are so stubborn and cannot see what is happening.

over to you now

matPORTS

Juniors
The old 'Sack McGregor' Thread was started just after Round 16 2016 when we were smashed by a Barrett coached Manly 36-6. We're only two rounds off being relatively the same point of time this season.

Todays performance reminded me of that game. No attitude in defense and tactically inefficient. This all lies squarely on the coach and his legion of assistants & staff.

Wanted to believe that things were going to be different. Today was a chance to set our ship on the right path towards playing in the 2022 finals. Now I can't help but think that we may not win another game this season, and to strap in for what is going to be another long last couple of months of the season.

What do Hook at the coaching staff do? A video session of game today, and requesting answers from the players as to how they allowed a significantly reduced opposition run riot on them? How on earth do we come back from this?

We have the third worst defensive record, so do we really have any business being anywhere near the top 8 ?

My full squad in order of whom I'd pick (based on available players):

1. Ramsey
2. Feagai Matt
3. Feagai Max
4. Suli
5. Sloan
6. Amone
7. Sullivan

8. de Belin
9. B Hunt
10. Lawrie
11. Sims
12. Su'a
13. Bird

14. McCullough (hanging on by a thread but if Hunt can play the full 80 at 9...)
15. F Molo
16. M Molo
17. J Hunt

18. Kerr
19. McGuire
20. Burns
21. Lomax (time for a reality check back in reserve grade)
22. Mbye (waste of space)
23. Woods (waste of space)

Time to give some serious minutes to the youngsters now Hook, or you will be in line at Centrelink soon enough !

thebigredv

First Grade
The old 'Sack McGregor' Thread was started just after Round 16 2016 when we were smashed by a Barrett coached Manly 36-6. We're only two rounds off being relatively the same point of time this season.

Todays performance reminded me of that game. No attitude in defense and tactically inefficient. This all lies squarely on the coach and his legion of assistants & staff.

Wanted to believe that things were going to be different. Today was a chance to set our ship on the right path towards playing in the 2022 finals. Now I can't help but think that we may not win another game this season, and to strap in for what is going to be another long last couple of months of the season.

What do Hook at the coaching staff do? A video session of game today, and requesting answers from the players as to how they allowed a significantly reduced opposition run riot on them? How on earth do we come back from this?
Remember the game well and recall starting the thread in sheer anger all those years ago. He had been given a fair crack at that point but alas went on to cripple us another 4 and half years for nil results.

While the same writing is on the wall right now the difference is there are seemingly very few if any alternatives just now, and as someone already posted, who would want to take on the poisoned chalice of saints coach anyway? The re-signing was met with a lukewarm reception from fans and I for one was livid. Now again, just like in 2019, the club must endure the mistake that is rewarding a coach for nothing. We were led to believe all the players are on board under Hook but they can't execute one 80 minute performance under him. It's a sham and a matter of time before the outside pressure from the media comes.

What gets me is the press conference. I've abstained from watching them recently but checked it out this evening.

All we can get from him is "they were too good for us".

If I am not mistaken we fielded just about as strong as a side we could today, we played a team that was below us on the table, who we toppled once already this year and all our coach can surmise is that "they were too good for us". What use is that to the fan who was hoping for something better than the effort against the baby broncos? Payten's top 4 team (to use one example) loses one hard fought game when origin hits and he comes out challenging his team to not go away from their standards. Making them accountable.

When are we going to be too good for them, Anthony? When does our consistent run of victories come which symbolises our team has finally turned a corner? Is there something we are still waiting on, I don't get it? He picks this side. This is the side he wants, the amazing recruits he wanted. He is failing as coach he cant get the team to hit back after another pitiful effort last week. The fans just want to see a response to this.

I realise behind close doors he will berating particular players for their errors but when Tuesday rolls around and the same 17 are selected you have to wonder if this man has any control whatsoever. I mean, all his years experience in rugby league and selects Feagai today who was nowhere near ready after injury. That's neglect and it cost us opportunities and tries at both ends.

First grade coaching is meant to be a hard gig. I'm not qualified but I know enough to know when something is broken. I obviously ride these losses much harder than he does.

redv13

Bench

We have the third worst defensive record, so do we really have any business being anywhere near the top 8 ?

1. Ramsey
2. Feagai Matt
3. Feagai Max
4. Suli
5. Sloan
6. Amone
7. Sullivan

8. de Belin
9. B Hunt
10. Lawrie
11. Sims
12. Su'a
13. Bird

14. McCullough (hanging on by a thread but if Hunt can play the full 80 at 9...)
15. F Molo
16. M Molo
17. J Hunt

18. Kerr
19. McGuire
20. Burns

Time to give some serious minutes to the youngsters now Hook, or you will be in line at Centrelink soon enough !
I was at todays game. A few observations.

Burns was easily our best forward and deserves to start next week. Poked his nose through the line often and was awesome for his first game.

Ramsey and Hunt played their guts out all day and can hold their heads high.

JDB was off today.
Lomax was fantastic in the 1st half. Quite the opposite in the 2nd.

Watching the Chooks warm up pre game you could see Joey Manu was ready for a huge game. He was on like donkey kong and he ripped us apart all day.

Woods can get the f**k out of here right now.

Saints actually played quite well in the 1st half and even my rooster mates were nervous at half time.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
I was at todays game. A few observations.

Burns was easily our best forward and deserves to start next week. Poked his nose through the line often and was awesome for his first game.

Ramsey and Hunt played their guts out all day and can hold their heads high.

JDB was off today.
Lomax was fantastic in the 1st half. Quite the opposite in the 2nd.

Watching the Chooks warm up pre game you could see Joey Manu was ready for a huge game. He was on like donkey kong and he ripped us apart all day.

Woods can get the f**k out of here right now.

Saints actually played quite well in the 1st half and even my rooster mates were nervous at half time.
Let me also add that having Mbye in this team is useless. Missed 7 tackles today and did nothing with the ball either. Just put a young gun in and you'd probably get a better result. I'm sure Moses is a great bloke but having him in this team, especially after having the footy coached out of him at the Dogs and Tigers will prevent us from moving forward..

redv13

Bench
Let me also add that having Mbye in this team is useless. Missed 7 tackles today and did nothing with the ball either. Just put a young gun in and you'd probably get a better result. I'm sure Moses is a great bloke but having him in this team, especially after having the footy coached out of him at the Dogs and Tigers will prevent us from moving forward..
To be honest KW, I didn’t really keep an eye on Mbye when he came on. I got a little optimistic when Suli started warming up again and the game was still in the balance but once I knew Mbye was staying out there and Suli was done I knew we were f**ked out wide. But I agree, lovely bloke but not sure where he fits in the 17 and probably should be playing Reggie’s so Sullivan can be our 14. Can’t carry Macca and Mbye anymore

dungay dragon

Juniors
To be honest KW, I didn’t really keep an eye on Mbye when he came on. I got a little optimistic when Suli started warming up again and the game was still in the balance but once I knew Mbye was staying out there and Suli was done I knew we were f**ked out wide. But I agree, lovely bloke but not sure where he fits in the 17 and probably should be playing Reggie’s so Sullivan can be our 14. Can’t carry Macca and Mbye anymore
Anyone who saw the Vision of HUNTY completely gassed at half time in the sheds , knew that we were gone .
Chooks scored in the opening sets of the 2nd half and we were canon fodder , again ..
The white flag was hoisted earlier than usual

Illusion

Bench
Nothing has changed with this team and nothing will , wrong players , wrong coach ..... They win 2 games here and there , and suddenly some forget how bad we really are , and that we have to be patient ...... No coaches available , Flanno , D. Young , The way we are , and the way they are coached I would even take a chance with either one of these guys on a 2 year deal .....

dungay dragon

Juniors
Am getting the feeling that if we Crawl , Scrape , Fall , Stumble into the 8 the Bean Counters at this once proud Club will consider the season an outstanding success and will no doubt extend the contract of our Current Coach .Rewarding and accepting mediocrity is a given at the Club these days
Cant see it happening now as we are on our famous Downhill Slide

redv13

Bench
Am getting the feeling that if we Crawl , Scrape , Fall , Stumble into the 8 the Bean Counters at this once proud Club will consider the season an outstanding success and will no doubt extend the contract of our Current Coach .Rewarding and accepting mediocrity is a given at the Club these days
Cant see it happening now as we are on our famous Downhill Slide
I don’t think it’s over just yet but another 3 weeks of big games could well and truly put us to bed. As sad as it is if we finish say 9th or 10th and miss the semis by 1 or 2 games the brains trust will say we have improved from last year and are heading in the right direction. Don’t agree with that but that’s my thoughts on the clowns who make these decisions at a board level

Gareth67

First Grade
The custodians of this once proud Club should hang their collective heads in shame.

We are irrelevant.

Over a decade of abject failure.
Yes indeed Tru , to allow the once mighty Dragons to become a fixture at the middle to bottom end of the ladder , tells me that the mongrels have no shame .

What is worse is that they would seem to be contented with this situation , just as long as they continue to have their greasy snouts in the money trough .

The Dragons , players and fans and also whatever number of hard working individuals behind the scenes deserved better , much better . However it would appear that the cast has been set in solid concrete and therefore the status quo shall remain .

Sad that the people who make the decisions that affect the fortunes of the team do not have the foresight , professionalism nor business acumen to bring our club into the 21st century .

Last edited:

Lindsay Moss

Juniors

1. Ramsey
2. Feagai Matt
3. Feagai Max
4. Suli
5. Sloan
6. Amone
7. Sullivan

8. de Belin
9. B Hunt
10. Lawrie
11. Sims
12. Su'a
13. Bird

15. F Molo
16. M Molo
17. J Hunt

18. Kerr
19. McGuire
20. Burns

Agree that Lomax should be reserves but i think he will be there again especially if sul

1. Ramsey
2. Feagai Matt
3. Feagai Max
4. Suli
5. Sloan
6. Amone
7. Sullivan

8. de Belin
9. B Hunt
10. Lawrie
11. Sims
12. Su'a
13. Bird

15. F Molo
16. M Molo
17. J Hunt

18. Kerr
19. McGuire
20. Burns

Agree Lomax should be in reserves but i doubt it especially if Suli isn't fit so i think he and suli should swap sides so he can't do that stupid flick pass.

Latest posts