What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Ghostrider22

Juniors
I too was a hook supporter initially, but mainly just anyone to get rid of mary

I now realise he is a joke ,

I wouldnt even care if we still come 11th but play attractive footy and bring on younger players as an investment in the future

Should have signed Payton in hindsight

FFS we have a premiership winning coach , the players like and would more likely play for in Flanagan

I know some dont agree because of peptide scandal , but he brought a crap club and team up to win a premiership , something few can do and it wasnt because of those peptides, he can actually coach and has actually won something
Well said Mjab👍 My thoughts too.

redVinme

Juniors
Well said Mjab👍 My thoughts too.

Im not sure about flanno but one thing is for sure he would cut the dead would and get our cap back in order (what hook was meant to do) he's ruthless and we need that.

Watching the NZ v nth Qld game if he was coach he would defs turn every stone to get Robson and nanai to saints. He should be doing that anyways though 😂

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Im not sure about flanno but one thing is for sure he would cut the dead would and get our cap back in order (what hook was meant to do) he's ruthless and we need that.

Watching the NZ v nth Qld game if he was coach he would defs turn every stone to get Robson and nanai to saints. He should be doing that anyways though 😂
I know RedVinme, there no one else that has the strength to do what needs to be done. And he would be able to bring players to the club. And of course what would the board room boys do that’s the question.

Illusion

Bench
I am completely stumped on this , We are looking for a coach , assistant coaches , we have a Premiership winning coach in the group in Flanno ..... So wouldn't it be the first thing to do is give him a job helping the Dinosaur of a coach we have ..... or piss him off and give it to Flanno .....

Coffs dragon

Bench
Somebody asked the journo James Hooper on his weekly online blog….do you think Flanno is a chance to take over as coach of the Dragons.
His reply was….No as the Dragons side of the Board are not huge fans.
Just what I read online and maybe his tarnished reputation is holding him back from any “head coach” job offers.

Rod Coil

Juniors
Didn’t Flanno sign Dugan and Fafita on 800k very long term deals before he left Sharks? That screwed their cap over and those guys were barely playing first grade. Not sure Flanno is all that great at cap management.
Yes, Dugan wanted ‘respect’. Was given the low down on what being respected paid at State of Origin camp. Apparently you get it by sulking, missing the team bus & generally acting like a tool. Sharks/Flanno took the bait. How did that end up?

BLM01

First Grade
Somebody asked the journo James Hooper on his weekly online blog….do you think Flanno is a chance to take over as coach of the Dragons.
Just what I read online and maybe his tarnished reputation is holding him back from any “head coach” job offers.
Read into it what you want, they have hired him twice already and besides, it only takes one from the St George side to jump ship

BLM01

First Grade
Didn’t Flanno sign Dugan and Fafita on 800k very long term deals before he left Sharks? That screwed their cap over and those guys were barely playing first grade. Not sure Flanno is all that great at cap management.
Every coach has made some dud decisions even Bellyache with kasiano and Robbo with that English winger recently
Besides Flannos mismanagement still won them a comp with Fifita
I agree Dugan for the fullback money he got was a tad surprising.
But over here at the Dragons for the past 10 years... well you know the rest

Crush

Coach
Every coach has made some dud decisions even Bellyache with kasiano and Robbo with that English winger recently
Besides Flannos mismanagement still won them a comp with Fifita
I agree Dugan for the fullback money he got was a tad surprising.
But over here at the Dragons for the past 10 years... well you know the rest
The big long term deal for Fafita was after he’d won the comp, it was a poor decision given Fafita fitness.

Illusion

Bench
he was Dally M prop of the year a few years back which coincided in Flannos last year
Yeh since Flanno left he has gone down hill
Agree IMO players like Fifita will struggle if not fully fit and mobile , as the game has changed it has quickened up remarkably ...... That's why we struggle wrong type of players in the engine room , and not enough speed in the backs .....

denis preston

First Grade
There must be some inside dope on Flanagan that all the clubs are aware of but not revealed publicly. Otherwise why wouldn't the Dragons be looking at him as next cab off the coaching rank ? Surely the club has plans for next season and realise that Hook is a real possibility of stinking the joint out. Then again even the players wouldn't know what the clubs plans ( contingency & otherwise ) are .

Maddragon99

Juniors
We’ve missed out on both Fitzgibbon & Ciraldo so now who’s left?

Both McGuire & Flanno have won a comp and are available but neither guarantee a change of fortune, Griffin had a pretty decent record when he joined us and he’s turned out to be disaster

Of former Dragon’s Potter, Ryles, Brown, Young & Hornby are available but are they a solution?

Personally I don’t think the club has a clue, even on this forum there’s no common consensus.

Given the lack of a clear alternative let’s hope the freshen up of the assistant coaches works & Griffin can turn it around in 2023.

dannyt

Coach

Both McGuire & Flanno have won a comp and are available but neither guarantee a change of fortune, Griffin had a pretty decent record when he joined us and he’s turned out to be disaster

Of former Dragon’s Potter, Ryles, Brown, Young & Hornby are available but are they a solution?

Personally I don’t think the club has a clue, even on this forum there’s no common consensus.

Given the lack of a clear alternative let’s hope the freshen up of the assistant coaches works & Griffin can turn it around in 2023.
My pessimism tells me that whatever choice is made, it will be wrong.

Dragon David

First Grade

It certainly has developed into a massive puzzle Maddragon99. Nobody really fits into the squares, triangles and circles with any confidence.

As Denis alluded to in another thread, why hasn't Flanagan been snapped up by other clubs and why haven't we? If our club was really interested in him, then why extend Hook to the end of 2023? Hook would have been told by now to return the keys to the locker when the last game is played this year and Flanagan appointed but we know that this has not happened for some reason.

Who can the Dragons get to replace Hook given the lack of quality head coaches other than McGuire and Flanagan? Who will want to take on the task of starting from scratch and building a formidable squad of players to take us up to the upper level?

Lots of questions which are not easy to answer.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
He’s won a premiership…enough for us to steer well clear, success is not something we prize, hence Griffin.

Latest posts