What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I have never seen an assistant coach be so sought after than Ciraldo. Keen to see what he does at the Dogs. There were big things expected from O'Brien at the Knights as he was assistant to Robo (Best coach by a mile imo) and O'Brien has not really done to much there. Except pinch Frizzell and told him he had a better chance to win a comp in Newcastle than at Saints.

thebigredv

First Grade
I have never seen an assistant coach be so sought after than Ciraldo. Keen to see what he does at the Dogs. There were big things expected from O'Brien at the Knights as he was assistant to Robo (Best coach by a mile imo) and O'Brien has not really done to much there. Except pinch Frizzell and told him he had a better chance to win a comp in Newcastle than at Saints.
One of the reasons I am apathetic about punting Hook or not is that if he isn't replaced with a coach who has proved their ability with a number of squads in NRL then there's no guarantee they will bring us more joy. Right now none of those types of coaches are available. People say Flanno as a premiership winner but look at McGuire at Tigers.

Yes, the coach should change at some point but we need to accept that our problems run a lot deeper.

justadragon

Bench
One of the reasons I am apathetic about punting Hook or not is that if he isn't replaced with a coach who has proved their ability with a number of squads in NRL then there's no guarantee they will bring us more joy. Right now none of those types of coaches are available. People say Flanno as a premiership winner but look at McGuire at Tigers.

Yes, the coach should change at some point but we need to accept that our problems run a lot deeper.
100%, the only time we ever had any success was with a proven coach, the rest is history. There are no coaches of that caliber on the market and probably wont be. God only knows what plans the board has or hook has or anyone at the dragons have, I suppose its just one step at a time.

Saint Pete

Juniors
I for one have had enough!
This coach has seen good talented young players go to other clubs!
He has imported old, second rate, uninspiring, players who are sadly past their use-by date!
There is no creativity, no structure, no playing plan, no resilience when under stress!
Yet these players as a team have proved they can do well – in spite of the coach!
His biggest sin appears to be rejecting and failing to encourage young talented players who have played together for years!
They will go to other clubs after being rejected by Griffin!
He obviously cannot inspire players, or encourage players!
His press conferences are a series of grunts and one word answers - he is clearly a very poor communicator who shows no emotion, or passion!
The board needs to wake up!
We need to foster our younger juniors, buy talented players, and get a coach who is inspiring, creative, and positive!
Raper, Gasnier, Provan, Langlands, Smith, etc would be absolutely devastated under this coach – they would throw him out as an embarrassment!
Wake up management team!

Dragon David

First Grade
I love the Dragons but my patience with them has thinned out, if that is the correct saying.

They have been so frustrating to follow and it is becoming an embarrassment to say that I follow them. There was a time that you could say that you are a Dragons supporter with pride.

Not now and I cannot see us becoming a threat to the top 8 for several years yet. Hook should be told to go, but who else would want his job? The new coach would have such a tough job to start the ball rolling once again to get players that he wants and we have got to be patient to give him time over a period of several years as usual because it won't be a quick fix. But we have to bite the bullet and get the right coaches and players at any price (within the rules of course) otherwise another decade of waste will ensue.

Last edited:

George St.

Juniors
Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with hook drinking coke in the coaches box. Maybe I’m making to much of it but I’ve never seen any other coach drink anything other than water or Gatorade during a game. Kind of sums up the dragons, UNFIT. Hence our second half fade-outs.
Ricky Stuart, Bellamy, Brad Arthur, Robbo, Hasler, Holbrook, obrien all look like they could still run around in 1st grade. f**k me dead, even Bennett is fitter than our coach. Can you imagine hook getting involved during pre season and joining in with the fitness drills…. I’m pretty sure other coaches do.
When your coach is overweight and drinks coke, what example is that setting.
like I say, I’m probably making a mountain out of a molehill, and we’ve undoubtedly got bigger issues to worry about, but it just doesn’t sit right with me.

The Villain

Juniors
Is it just me or does anyone else have a problem with hook drinking coke in the coaches box. Maybe I’m making to much of it but I’ve never seen any other coach drink anything other than water or Gatorade during a game. Kind of sums up the dragons, UNFIT. Hence our second half fade-outs.
Ricky Stuart, Bellamy, Brad Arthur, Robbo, Hasler, Holbrook, obrien all look like they could still run around in 1st grade. f**k me dead, even Bennett is fitter than our coach. Can you imagine hook getting involved during pre season and joining in with the fitness drills…. I’m pretty sure other coaches do.
When your coach is overweight and drinks coke, what example is that setting.
like I say, I’m probably making a mountain out of a molehill, and we’ve undoubtedly got bigger issues to worry about, but it just doesn’t sit right with me.
Great username.

Yes I agree. May seem petty but he‘s hardly inspiring to listen to or look at.

Latest posts