What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

BLM01

First Grade
Not a bad article on the woes of the club, so worth a read.

Yes some home truths but why were these not written when Mary was in charge through his floundering years between 2014-2017 if the same reporter knew were it was at is what frustrates me.
Same reporter and newspaper used to back Mary then and said the supporters are a bunch of whiners or in similar words with our Oust Doust and Sack Mary chants

Qdf

Juniors
Yes some home truths but why were these not written when Mary was in charge through his floundering years between 2014-2017 if the same reporter knew were it was at is what frustrates me.
Same reporter and newspaper used to back Mary then and said the supporters are a bunch of whiners or in similar words with our Oust Doust and Sack Mary chants
Yes same reporter(Webster) did say publicly that Griffin was no good at Penrith & was not the man for the job at the Dragons.

Old Timer

Coach
So with all the old regurgitated news and all the "new" news that everybody already knows what does this article tell us.

SFA if the truth be known other than his arse covering re Gould back grounding all & sundry on Hook.

Would love to see this journo and others for that matter to take on the John's bros and all the FOX NRL team for their unbridled support of Brett Finch (good bloke they all said) when all this started blowing up after all they were directly linked to and worked with him whereas Albert's connection is via Robert Finch who is a thoroughly decent human being and a very concerned father.

Albert got it wrong on a piece of paper addressed to a magistrate but FOX & Co got it wrong on a mass media outlet.

Just like the judiciary 1 rule for some but different rules for the Dragons.

blacksafake

First Grade
So with all the old regurgitated news and all the "new" news that everybody already knows what does this article tell us.

SFA if the truth be known other than his arse covering re Gould back grounding all & sundry on Hook.

Would love to see this journo and others for that matter to take on the John's bros and all the FOX NRL team for their unbridled support of Brett Finch (good bloke they all said) when all this started blowing up after all they were directly linked to and worked with him whereas Albert's connection is via Robert Finch who is a thoroughly decent human being and a very concerned father.

Albert got it wrong on a piece of paper addressed to a magistrate but FOX & Co got it wrong on a mass media outlet.

Just like the judiciary 1 rule for some but different rules for the Dragons.
Very good post OT.
Johns senior has made a career out of other peoples private lives with all his in-house jokes & encouragement at their expense.

As far as they’re concerned now that the sh*t has hit the fan the quicker they can distance themselves from him the better.🤔

Dragon David

First Grade
Hi Guys

Just discussed the Dragons with my brother who is also a Dragons fanatic and he put me onto the above article written by Andrew Webster for all to see.

Plenty to comment on I should imagine from you guys. Webster is a fanatic of the Dragons as you know and with his help, we could see some needed changes in the not too distant future.

Cheers

Reactions: Qdf

Maddragon99

Juniors
Hi Guys

Just discussed the Dragons with my brother who is also a Dragons fanatic and he put me onto the above article written by Andrew Webster for all to see.

Plenty to comment on I should imagine from you guys. Webster is a fanatic of the Dragons as you know and with his help, we could see some needed changes in the not too distant future.

Cheers
I’m pretty sure that article has aleady been posted.

At the moment the club is more akin to a dumpster fire than a professional sporting organisation. It’s very obvious that Hook isn’t the right person to lead us out of the hole we’re in, surely his time is close to the end.

Dragon David

First Grade
Jack Gosiewski wasn't pleased how Griffin treated him this year, but I think he has done well by signing up with the Cowboys -

"The Cowboys have boosted their forward depth by signing former Dragons and Manly back-rower Jack Gosiewski on a one-year deal for 2023.

“The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys have signed forward Jack Gosiewski on a one-year deal for the 2023 season,” the club said in a statement.

The 28-year-old has appeared in 56 NRL games across seven seasons for the Rabbitohs, Sea Eagles and Dragons.

A versatile second-rower or middle forward, Gosiewski appeared in four games for the Dragons in 2022."

Qdf

Juniors
The point that is used against DragonS fans is they are always whinging to sack the coach. If they only listened properly they would know it is the Board we want gone first but they are unaccountable.
Most definitely, this Board has to go. They are the cause of our problems for the last
20yrs DOUST & Young are the main instigator. They have been shooting us on the foot for years.

BLM01

First Grade
Yes same reporter(Webster) did say publicly that Griffin was no good at Penrith & was not the man for the job at the Dragons.
Yes because same reporter's colleague and himself had agendas especially as he says he is a Dragons supporter.
Never heard same reporter bag Griffin at Penrith or when Gus brought him in.
Does not matter as I said it is Dragons hunting season and the fact that they chased down Matt Cooper for 2 articles in 2 weeks when he has been out of the media sunlight for some time for personal reasons. Loved Coops as a player and wish him well.

BLM01

First Grade
OMG..round and round we go to find Dragons old boys?
Like to read the full article though before judging

possm

Coach
Jack Gosiewski wasn't pleased how Griffin treated him this year, but I think he has done well by signing up with the Cowboys -

"The Cowboys have boosted their forward depth by signing former Dragons and Manly back-rower Jack Gosiewski on a one-year deal for 2023.

“The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys have signed forward Jack Gosiewski on a one-year deal for the 2023 season,” the club said in a statement.

The 28-year-old has appeared in 56 NRL games across seven seasons for the Rabbitohs, Sea Eagles and Dragons.

A versatile second-rower or middle forward, Gosiewski appeared in four games for the Dragons in 2022."
I'd like to know, who is the Dragons replacement player for 800k Sims. The dragons knew well before the end of the season that Sims was off to Melbourne and still no word on who they are recruiting to replace him.

thebigredv

First Grade
The Mole reporting Sloan and Sullivan were told this is griffins final year as coach.

If true -and nothing suggests it isnt - that just confirms how little the people running our club go about their privileged role with tenacity or hunger for success. More rolling through the motions again next year, so much to get excited about