What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

Old Timer

Coach
I understand Hunt's point of view as he doesn't want to walk away from the game without a premiership. But even if we kept Griffin, and recruited smart over the next year or so, our earliest possible shot at going anywhere near it is in 2025, likely Hunt's last year, meaning he's got a one year window for a shot at it. Now, this is in a perfect world and of course no one here really thinks we'll be winning by 2025 anyway. If he wants a premiership, good on him, he deserves one, but he may have to leave to get it unfortunately.
He deserves one wtf

For the money we pay him he isn’t delivering nearly enough and that’s why he doesn’t deserve anything because he hasn’t earned it.

His efforts only look good because he is in a poorly coached and badly managed team.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Yes that's true, but who they want has a direct correlation to their performance. To not even ask the players their opinion is inept from the board, they are key in all of this. I can't fathom you honestly believe the board is going okay?

Ask the players?

The board can't agree on a coach and player pathways. They can't even agree on the name, remember they put out a pole. One of the most reconisable brands with the game.

randomdragon

Juniors
Yes that's true, but who they want has a direct correlation to their performance. To not even ask the players their opinion is inept from the board, they are key in all of this. I can't fathom you honestly believe the board is going okay?
Alright fine, what if every single player they ask says a different name? Can’t please everyone? I don’t think the board is going okay but since the board changes have taken place in the off season I’ve seen some pretty promising things coming

Parko1310

Juniors
Alright fine, what if every single player they ask says a different name? Can’t please everyone? I don’t think the board is going okay but since the board changes have taken place in the off season I’ve seen some pretty promising things coming
The board changes could be a positive, the jury is still out on them. But nothing will be different until the usual suspects are off the board/the club comes under sole ownership. And no you can't please everyone, but you can gauge a general consensus on the bloke currently in charge and use that input to help make a decision from there.

charlesv

Juniors
The board changes could be a positive, the jury is still out on them. But nothing will be different until the usual suspects are off the board/the club comes under sole ownership. And no you can't please everyone, but you can gauge a general consensus on the bloke currently in charge and use that input to help make a decision from there.
The biggest block on the Board is Doust ,since his return he literally STUFFED up the deal with the Owner of the Kings I think it was Peter Smith correct me if im wrong a whisker away from all this crap

slippery5

Juniors
Pretty obvious that Hook is on borrowed time as HC of the Dragons.

He does himself no favours when he publicly makes gaffs.

For example:
The presser when we beat the Phins, he states thta Liddle is performing better than Mbye at hooker.
Liddle played 49 mins, Mbye 31 mins. We win the game pretty well.

Fast forward just 1 week. Liddle plays 34 mins, Mbye 46 mins.

To be fair looking at the tackles made v's tackles missed in those 2 games:
V the Phins:
Liddle - 25 tackles missed 3. Mbye 13 tackles missed 2
V the Titans:
Liddle - 24 tackles missed 1 (4 ineffective). Mbye 19 tackles 0 missed.

Griffin may see Mbye as a preferred defensive hooker type. However, there's a balance between attack and defense. When we needed to really put the game away on Sunday, ie a more structured attack, he left Mbye on who was getting gassed. IN reality Liddle isnt a bad defensive hooker also, but streets ahead in attacking nous and crisper passing.

I'm not going to touch on the obviously failed experiment with swapping Lomax and Suli, that's also an obvious 'stubborn" change he's made. It follows the equally stubborn move of Kerr to the edge, which almost killed off his career.

If BHunt is ruling the roost in regards to who plays where, then why is Griffin even in the job? In my viewe, Hunt has eyes only on winning that elusive Dally M. He knows he can't win it from hooker, add to the fact that he know's Bud is a more dynamic half than Amone, who will command the ball, taking away his "possessions". Don't get me wrong, Hunt is basically holding the team together with his performances and kudos to him, however, I've stated before, certain players need to be moved on for the greater good of the team.

Apparently, Griffin has 5 games to turn this around, in my view, persisting with what I've mentioned above, I can't see us winning many of those required Coach saving games, even the Tigpies put up a brave fight in their loss to the Eels, so that now becomes a 50/50 proposition.

I will be anxiously waiting today's team list, given Frankie suspended, and Bud playing a starring role in KOE Cup last Saturday.

Strategy or Stubbornness, which Griffin will we see today?
We lose 2 games & the blame was put on Sullivan, they can say what they want about a shoulder injury, he was being replaced by the "Hammer" even though reports were he was ordinary in KO cup, fast forward 1 week, we win against an under strength Fins & it is stated that Sullivan cannot force his way back into side.
Fast forward 2 weeks , we lose against under strength "Titans", Amone has an average game while Bud is M.O.M. in scoring a try & has a couple of try assist but "can't force his way into team"!!!!!
From watching the finer details to each players performance , my opinion is Sullivan is streaks ahead but maybe the fact that Amone didn't ask for (or rumored) for a release maybe a payback when it comes to selection???

slippery5

Juniors
Hunt putting more pressure on the club by saying, he is not keen to start again if Hook goes. Since when has it become the right thing to do for a player to hold a club to ransom or determine the best way forward for the club. Hooks head was on the chopping block the day he took over, and he knew that. His KPI's were get the defense and discipline in order. Nothing has happened over nearly 3 seasons, and in some cases we have got worse. Please tell me what the club is supposed to do, and if you were any sort of a captain and team man you would be backing what is best for the club and especially the team, not in the best interests for yourself.
Confirms what is obvious, Hunt does not give a Rats about the Dragons, never has been part of the Blood & never will.
It is more about, what is best for B. Hunt.

jodragon40

Juniors
expand...
Well as I was indicating some time ago we are not going to continue with Griffin and I can also tell you that neither Ryles or Young will get the new gig. My money is going to be on Hasler, and a dark horse in Australia is Michael McGuire and John Morris and from outside Australia interest in the current Great Britain coach Shaun Wane. Griffin will no longer be at the helm in 2024 or even earlier depending upon the board meeting next week. At that meeting at least 2 board members should also be shown the door

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Confirms what is obvious, Hunt does not give a Rats about the Dragons, never has been part of the Blood & never will.
It is more about, what is best for B. Hunt.
It appears that way at times.......There must be something in our blokes initiials that attracts their love affair with the head coach it was Boyd & Bennett, then McInness & McGregor now Hunt & Hook......any takers for the next double act...I'll wait

Latest posts