What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Dragsters

First Grade
Culture always seems great when the team is winning. There will be a low point this year, and how McGregor and the team respond to that is where we will see the real culture and whether or not he actually has turned a corner.

...and that's exactly why any talk of an extension should be at seasons end.

Dragsters

First Grade
I was thinking after our last discussion that Night would dominate and Mann would flop!

I didn't catch the full game but I believe a huge part of it come from a) ball control and b) McInnes. We've always had plenty of decent players but our inability to roll down the field and then put it together killed us. I always thought it had to do with horrible 1-out game plan and use of outside backs to do all the hit ups (which it did) but it seems that Reins poor service accounted for much, much more. We've really gone from 1 extreme to the other in the hooker regard.

That, and the game plan actually works for the players we have, for the most part.

McInnes has been a revelation.

After years of reinpain, we are a very different team with McInnes.

Gareth67

First Grade
One point that I noticed in the post match interview , was that both Mary and Widdop did not have their heads in the clouds over the victory . They were both aware of the fact that the Dragons must continue in the same form to get anywhere in this competition .

And that is exactly what all good teams do understand , you cannot rest on your laurels . Yesterday's game is history, it is next weeks match that is all important now .
As Mary said , " we shall be taking each game , one at a time " .

Today's win was a tremendous confidence builder for the players , so hopefully they will be able to build upon this to such an extent , that their teamwork and combinations become ' second nature ' to them .

Mary at this point of 2017 , has done a marvellous job of turning the teams fortunes around , however there is a long road ahead . Enjoy the moment , as it was a great win , but the best wins are those at the end of the year .

Last edited:

Bench
I don't see the necessity of signing him now. Clearly and Hasler have got their immediate future signed up. I don't think there is any suitable coaches out there now.
Mary is off to a flying start so let's just sit back and make a decision towards the end of the season

Life's Good

Coach
I don't see the necessity of signing him now. Clearly and Hasler have got their immediate future signed up. I don't think there is any suitable coaches out there now.
Mary is off to a flying start so let's just sit back and make a decision towards the end of the season
This. With the Cleary/Hasler Merry go round sorted the rest of the clubs seem settled(maybe not Souths) so I can't see a need to rush into signing him as there is nowhere for him to go. As someone said earlier how he handles the down times will help determine where he is at.

mickeylane

Bench
...and that's exactly why any talk of an extension should be at seasons end.
You guys are doomsdayers!! Why would you be waiting for the club to go thru a hard time? Absolutely we may lose 2-3 games - the thing is that the potential of the team has been realized - we know what they are capable of and whatever happens from here is insignificant to the fact that the team is playing to their potential that has made them the best attacking team, best completions, top 2 team...We know McGregor can get this type of performance out of the team - we would be worried if these performances were not happening...so as far as I'm concerned McGregor has achieved!!
McGregor has proven he is our best option - we need to move our asses and sign Widdop and Dugan before the tigers offer both players $900K a season contracts and lose both players

gregstar

Referee
dude!

it's round f**king 6!

douche should not be considering signing jowls at this stage of the season. there is a long way to go & jowls is certainly no creeping jesus. he is a turd that should not be polished until season's end. the prick owes us for last year.

2016 was the WORST season i have ever witnessed our team play. jowls virtually needs a grand final spot to atone for that alone.

supercoach price won the first 3 games of 2014. were you jerking off when that happened?

You guys are doomsdayers!! Why would you be waiting for the club to go thru a hard time? Absolutely we may lose 2-3 games - the thing is that the potential of the team has been realized - we know what they are capable of and whatever happens from here is insignificant to the fact that the team is playing to their potential that has made them the best attacking team, best completions, top 2 team...We know McGregor can get this type of performance out of the team - we would be worried if these performances were not happening...so as far as I'm concerned McGregor has achieved!!
McGregor has proven he is our best option - we need to move our asses and sign Widdop and Dugan before the tigers offer both players $900K a season contracts and lose both players

How old are you?

Serious question, I'm not trying to take the mickey.

Straight Shooter

cussy

Juniors
Wouldn't worry about arguing with these chicken littles mate not worth it. It's almost like they want the team to fail to prove some idiotic point.

Coffs dragon

Bench
The Melbourne Cup is not won in the first 200m, is the old saying. Although the team has got off to a great seasons start, can they maintain the intensity and fitness levels?
A good trainer/coach will have the team ready to peak in the final straight.
My biggest concern is the Dragons may hit the wall and run out of steam with this power game and increased level of fitness.
Time will tell and still no rush to extend Mary's contract until a lot more to this season unfolds.Good signs so far and winning surely brings confidence and team harmony.

St Georgio

Juniors
The Melbourne Cup is not won in the first 200m, is the old saying. Although the team has got off to a great seasons start, can they maintain the intensity and fitness levels?
A good trainer/coach will have the team ready to peak in the final straight.
My biggest concern is the Dragons may hit the wall and run out of steam with this power game and increased level of fitness.
Time will tell and still no rush to extend Mary's contract until a lot more to this season unfolds.Good signs so far and winning surely brings confidence and team harmony.
I really don't mind if they get thrashed, I will be happy with a top 4 finish at the end of 26 rounds, I could be wrong but I can't see us winning the comp this year, I hope they retain Widdop and Dugan, with Hunt coming over I expect to go closer to holding up that trophy in 2018.

monsterkev

Juniors
I think most teams have underestimated the dragons this year,after the way they played in 2016 any opposition would have banked a win against us at the start of the season plus our trials form was shit
But I would wait until we have played every team once before giving Mary another contract
We should be aiming to have a minimum of 22-24 points on the ladder
Maybe a yearly extension with bonus payment for performance
Keeps him on his toes or a max two year deal
I personally wanted him gone as did many others but this might be a turning point in his coaching career but no long term contract because if we have a shit season we can't afford to get rid of him

mickeylane

Bench
Our run is beginning to smell a little like the Sharks of 2016 .. People kept waiting for them to stop winning about they grew more and more in stature and confidence . 4 wins in a row in the NRL is priceless! Your seeing teams like the Tigers going to Cowboys home ground and winning - what would we be doing to Green if he was our coach? He has copped 2 home losses totalling 60 points against Manly and Tigers FFS!!

mickeylane

Bench
How old are you?

Serious question, I'm not trying to take the mickey.

Straight Shooter
Mate I know your type of supporter - U have a love hate relationship w the club! You offer nothing on this forum except doom and gloom - ur opinions are baseless and more to The point moot!
I'll guarantee u my friend Mcgregor will be extended for 2 years FACT !! It will be announced just after Anzac day game or round about that period.. So stop fretting now and move on to your next subject matter ..

Mate I know your type of supporter - U have a love hate relationship w the club! You offer nothing on this forum except doom and gloom - ur opinions are baseless and more to The point moot!
I'll guarantee u my friend Mcgregor will be extended for 2 years FACT !! It will be announced just after Anzac day game or round about that period.. So stop fretting now and move on to your next subject matter ..

I'm guessing around 15. Correct?

Straight Shooter

Latest posts