What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

ouryears

Bench
Saints will not win a comp under McGregor it is plain and simple. We have seen for the last three years what McGregor is all a about, Anzac Premiers!
We have the cattle to win a comp, Sign Bennett Now ! This allows the Boncos to get their man in Bellamy and McGuire can take over the Storm coaching duties with Cam Smith his assistant, it so simple.
I don't want another 04,05,06 where we had a window of an opportunity to win a comp but had an L Plater driving a supercar!
I really don't think we have a super car with our current 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6.

Compare them to Boyd, Cooper, Gasnier, Soward at his best, and Nighty model 2010.....I am afraid we have a 2 cylinder backline in 2018.

St Georgio

Juniors

Compare them to Boyd, Cooper, Gasnier, Soward at his best, and Nighty model 2010.....I am afraid we have a 2 cylinder backline in 2018.
Sorry mate I disagree we have the car but lacking a couple tweaks here and there, with the right manager/coach, he will choose the correct tyres to last the whole 26 rounds including the final series.
McGregor only knows foot to throttle, no pit stop and wonders why we crash or run out of fuel!

ouryears

Bench
Sorry mate I disagree we have the car but lacking a couple tweaks here and there, with the right manager/coach, he will choose the correct tyres to last the whole 26 rounds including the final series.
McGregor only knows foot to throttle, no pit stop and wonders why we crash or run out of fuel!
Good points mate, foot to throttle till we crash, with no other strategy or planning is about right.

Mary is incapable of analysing the game, his team and creates no plans to stop the team sliding.

Totally one dimensional.

But our backline is a bit weak even if they were all playing the best they could. Capable of top 6, but premiership winners.... highly unlikely.

ozbuck

Juniors
Storm and the Broncos both have teams that should be playing and doing much much better than they are right now.

Sack Bellamy. Sack Bennett.

If the logic is that it all falls on the coach than you gotta follow that logic through.

Our attack is one dimensional?

Perhaps your thinking is one dimensional

Saints will not win a comp under McGregor it is plain and simple. We have seen for the last three years what McGregor is all a about, Anzac Premiers!
We have the cattle to win a comp, Sign Bennett Now ! This allows the Boncos to get their man in Bellamy and McGuire can take over the Storm coaching duties with Cam Smith his assistant, it so simple.
I don't want another 04,05,06 where we had a window of an opportunity to win a comp but had an L Plater driving a supercar!
The strange thing about all the support for McGregor is that since 2011 when Bennett departed, there was a coaching benchmark and a legacy that he left the club with.
McGregor got flicked when Bennett came to St. George. Bennett never rated him.
Price proved to be a dud who was probably better as an assistant (Cronulla) rather than a head coach.
Demetriou showed tremendous credentials as a rookie coach by winning the ISP with the Cutters and winning the interstate championship back to back as well.
Not only was this ignored, it created an embarrassment for the Illawarra faction who had already earmarked their boy McGregor as the next head coach.
The rest is history.
The powers that be appointed a totally unqualified coach (bush footy premierships?) to one of the most revered and prestigious coaching jobs in the NRL
Guys, I have said many times before, we have just wasted 5 years at this club under McGregor.
Opposition coaches have him sussed.
Today was pathetic and it is not that we lost - it's the way we lost.
Reminiscent of the Newcastle, Souths and last game against Canterbury last year.
What irks me is - we have totally ignored the benchmark that Bennett set during his 3 years here.
I think that Clearly, Demetriou and even Toovey could have been a good fit for us but we are stuck with this crap.

Old Timer

Coach
Storm and the Broncos both have teams that should be playing and doing much much better than they are right now.

If the logic is that it all falls on the coach than you gotta follow that logic through.

Our attack is one dimensional?

Perhaps your thinking is one dimensional
Maybe there are calls in their forums for those coaches to be sacked but offering them up as an excuse to save Mc Fookknuckle is you kidding yourself.
Far more chance that Bennett and Bellamy can dig their sides out of bad situations then "you know who" doing it.
Every time we get into a slide it is permanent.

getsmarty

Immortal
Keep the faith getsmarty.
Pigs might just fly.

Love your enthusiasm... that being said...we lack depth compared to Penrith or Souths and Mary keeps repeating the same mistakes...my fear is we are winning games based on individual efforts and a better starting side this year.........coach still makes the same errors...Bench..not dropping under-performing players...etc...based on what we have seen since 2014, I have little confidence in Mary...

Crush

Coach
Love your enthusiasm... that being said...we lack depth compared to Penrith or Souths and Mary keeps repeating the same mistakes...my fear is we are winning games based on individual efforts and a better starting side this year.........coach still makes the same errors...Bench..not dropping under-performing players...etc...based on what we have seen since 2014, I have little confidence in Mary...
All good points sir, very true unfortunately.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

I must agree our backline doesn’t have the skill level of those from 2010.
We only have pace at times.
Apart from that fantastic try against Canberra, we are pretty basic.
I’d like to see the boys back themselves and try stuff, other then the ordinary.
They will make mistakes but at they would have tried instead of doing the same mundane things.

Bench
McIdiot needs to release the hand brake to move forward. We will get lapped if he continued on this road

Pro Dragons

Juniors
It was interesting listening to Alexander etc on Fox. They criticised Dragons tactics of abandoning what has been successful for them. They thought instead of trying to go around the defence they should of went through the middle as they have the best pack of forwards in the competition. The remark was made 'when plan A wasn't working they had no plan B'. I thought McGregor may have had turned the corner but at the moment it appears not.

That logic is thoroughly flawed.

Bellamy and Bennett have a long history of success. Mary has zero success. Zero. Do you comprehend that?

Any comparisons between their short periods of difficulties and our even shorter periods of success (namely April and May), is plain stupid.

Straight Shooter