What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

giboz71

First Grade
Why are you f**ked?

You pose a threat to us next week!

It’s funny most fans outside the club rate us. It’s mostly our own fans that rarely ever give us a chance.

Mary has now coached 2 semi final games, yesterday and the 2015 loss to the Dogs.

Both games, I’ve never been more proud of the boys. Seems he can prepare semi final sides.

We may not beat you blokes next week given the injuries but we’ll make a good account of ourselves.

ALSGI

Bench
It’s funny most fans outside the club rate us. It’s mostly our own fans that rarely ever give us a chance.

Mary has now coached 2 semi final games, yesterday and the 2015 loss to the Dogs.

Both games, I’ve never been more proud of the boys. Seems he can prepare semi final sides.

We may not beat you blokes next week given the injuries but we’ll make a good account of ourselves.
Actually, I was on the Broncs forum this week and they didn’t give us a chance, not fans of Hunt that’s for sure.

giboz71

First Grade
Actually, I was on the Broncs forum this week and they didn’t give us a chance, not fans of Hunt that’s for sure.

Seems to be theme with those dopey Qlders.

Like Wayne telling Alfie to tell the team to stop scoring last week so they get to play us.

The whole state had their pants well and truly pulled down last night.

By Mary of all people.

LINESPEED

Juniors

Yeah the hubris brought them down.
The ultimate ambush
So good that little cu*t Langer also had to wear the 48 points as he ran the futile messages out!
A little payback of sorts for the humiliations he dished out in the early Naughties.

Had to smile at Mary in the coach's box - like a kid in a candy store - wide eyed & amazed.

Poor bugger.
Like all of us, he had a good day out though - and I was happy for him TBH

Even though I know we could've been in a better position to challenge for the title if he'd learned his lessons & done his homework better

Slippery Morris

First Grade
There would be nothing better than having Mary succeed as coach but he has had the side for 4 years and made some really bad choices. It's not as if the fans wanted him out from day 1 (well some did and they are the ones blowing that horn the most) but most wanted an ex-player to lead our team to success.

Would you really want someone who continues to let the team and fans down each year with poor finishes? I is responsible for the team he puts on the field. How they perform is up to them and that is where he has let them down. He talks himself up with the "We have plans in place for the rep season to have the team primed". I heard that many times from him and looking back now he had none? He did not rest the players and they looked flat. It cost them the season. It was pure bull$hit that he told everyone. Those 2 games (Eels and Dogs) were the final straw for most I think that want him out.

Funny that as they were the 2 worst games I have ever witnessed and Sundays was one of the best. How can there be such a difference between your best and worst?

LINESPEED

Juniors

Well OKB1 had quite a pissup last night after that performance - and the missus got the jersey on!!

"One swallow does not a summer make" some old Greek once said.

Breathtaking inconsistency when you compare it to Jubilee eh?
Hard to analyse!
Ask yourself how often Bellamy has these swings - as consistency of performance has been his trademark

Brisbane made a lot of errors yesterday (forced & unforced) and we capitalised big time - so we'll see if the same intent is there next week.

I'm sure the team wasn't playing for Mary, as I think other factors could've been responsible, mainly Sim's inspirational dig, Bennett's slight against the team, the 50,000 crowd, Widdop's return ( although they played just as well without him), real & sustained LINESPEED for the first time this year, no expectations ( so self belief & confidence grew as the game progressed) and dare I say the inclusion of Lomax in the team over the last 2 weeks, which has revitalised backline culture & energy.

So OKB1, Mary can't coat-tail on the back of one player-induced performance, try as he may.
The jury on him was out long ago - as per the thousands of posts over many threads for years and the repetitive meltdowns & failure to learn
4-5 years should be about the longevity of a coach anyway, if renewal is to happen & club culture refreshed.
He's had his chance & his time is up.

This roster can win a premiership without/despite coaching input.
Onya boys

Last edited:

denis preston

First Grade
I think Mary's "structured "game plan ( read 4 hit ups, throw it out the back & a then a kick ) that was so criticized by Gould & Johns was thrown out the window yesterday.Nothing to lose mentality won the day for us , so don't know how the coach can take all the credit but because the side won he has to take some and this win guarantees him a start next season.The challenge for Mary is how he will learn from experience and do things differently next season.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
There would be nothing better than having Mary succeed as coach but he has had the side for 4 years and made some really bad choices. It's not as if the fans wanted him out from day 1.......................................................

..............Funny that as they were the 2 worst games I have ever witnessed and Sundays was one of the best. How can there be such a difference between your best and worst?

l agree, SM.

I've often said, he's probably a nice enough sort of guy and just not a coach.
I certainly don't hate him, l just think were trying to put square pegs in round holes, nothing more.
We had a win so good luck to all the players & staff.

Anyway, here a crossword for the members to attempt, regarding your last comments.
I don't think anyone will need to 'phone a friend'.

MCGREGOR003.jpg

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
I think Mary's "structured "game plan ( read 4 hit ups, throw it out the back & a then a kick ) that was so criticized by Gould & Johns was thrown out the window yesterday.Nothing to lose mentality won the day for us , so don't know how the coach can take all the credit but because the side won he has to take some and this win guarantees him a start next season.The challenge for Mary is how he will learn from experience and do things differently next season.
Great result for supporters players and coach . Watching the game when we scored they went to the coaching box and Mary had the biggest grin on his face , like " What the F*ck is happening " Good luck to him . Im with you ,was it a coach thing or was it the players ..... Either way loved it .......