What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
There are no excuses anymore as we are indeed no longer beholding to the NRL , at least since the $6mill.debt was repaid by the kindly Mr. Gordon . Surely he would not be happy about the current state of affairs , that being 5th ?

I was expecting him to have some sort of input ( under the guise of the WIN cooperation ) as to the best way for the Dragons to get ahead - why else pay the dough into the joint venture that he did , to see it go down the drain with the steady flow of mediocrity year in and year out ?

Gordon may have bought in to ensure the Illawarra faction survives and or controls the overall club.

If they really want Bennett, make it happen, NOW!

Como Connection

First Grade
Nows the time to act on the coaching role. Bennett has been told to move on after next season. I would sign him now for next year and let McGregor go.
We are not far off with the squad we have. With a couple of additions to the squad and a quality coach we could win a comp.
We all know there is a small window when you have a quality team.
Absolutely move now.
CC

BLM01

First Grade
Whatever the club does they have to do it sooner than later. Waiting until late next year is not the answer for off contract / signing players, getting things in place etc. Decision no later than 31st May..see how we start :rolleyes:

Ted bartolo

Juniors
Whatever the club does they have to do it sooner than later. Waiting until late next year is not the answer for off contract / signing players, getting things in place etc. Decision no later than 31st May..see how we start :rolleyes:
Gordon is a successful business man.even if Mary's mate he will do the best for the club.If there's a chance he will sign Bennett

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Bennett will not come back to the Dragons, next year or any year after that.
He will most probably retire from NRL coaching and concentrate solely on coaching the Poms.

Time to let it go people.

We are more likely to re-sign McGregor but change the assistants. I can smell the air of Barrett lingering in the halls of the Taj.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Bennett will not come back to the Dragons, next year or any year after that.
He will most probably retire from NRL coaching and concentrate solely on coaching the Poms.

Time to let it go people.

We are more likely to re-sign McGregor but change the assistants. I can smell the air of Barrett lingering in the halls of the Taj.
Of course we're second raters

David Gibson

Juniors
No. Leave things as they are. Mary is a fine coach and has the backing of the players. Strong finish to the season- all looks good for next year. I've been red and white since '65 and changing coaches is not the answer. Anyway, what is the question???

Warabrook saint

Juniors
There should be no negotiations taking place other than those in respect of players.
All other decisions should be on hold until such time as the new CEO is in the chair.
If that proves not to be the case then that means the Illawarra connection hold the reins and St George are the donkeys pulling the cart.
Potentially 8–10 years of Mc Fookknuckle who would have thought that possible after all that has unfolded.
Now where is that “It’s a Mess” thread?
So true

Warabrook saint

Juniors
No. Leave things as they are. Mary is a fine coach and has the backing of the players. Strong finish to the season- all looks good for next year. I've been red and white since '65 and changing coaches is not the answer. Anyway, what is the question???
Should the dingo be kicked in the guts

BLM01

First Grade
Why dont we sign the other Broncos coach. The Womens NRL side, they will win the GF next week in their 1st season that ran for 3 weeks LOL. Success right there. Then again their fullback / winger with the purple hair could take Nighty's spot, she can...play.

hazzbeen

Bench
Why dont we sign the other Broncos coach. The Womens NRL side, they will win the GF next week in their 1st season that ran for 3 weeks LOL. Success right there. Then again their fullback / winger with the purple hair could take Nighty's spot, she can...play.
So too can their 7 ........

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

You can't be serious about the, 'strong finish to the season' comment.

Why do you think we slipped from 1st down to 7th .......... make no mistake, it wasn't our strong finish.
You may want to familiarize yourself with the stats. We were the worst team over the last six or seven games of the season.

We played one good game ............ and people think we did alright.
The management will probably resign the idiot just because of that one against the Donkeys.
I never wish my team to lose but l really despise the fact that people / management, may think we did ok simply because of one decent win.

Truth is, the coach has not learnt in how many years?
Doesn't blood new guys until he's forced.
Plays our Origin stars till they drop.
Says were a top 4 teams and fails to finish in the top four.

Do l really need to say anymore?

dragon thomo

Juniors
Spot on ,it will show us how the club wil be run if they extend McGregor. He has not learnt in the years he has been there , running his forwards into the ground , not blooding the young players and destroying the confidence of the younger players by leaving them on the bench and only giving them 5 minutes when the game is gone.

Latest posts