1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

In this week's edition Paul Jobber has a piece on the future of Kurt Mann at the Knights in light of the recent signing of five-eighth Blake Green.

On top of that there's info on the COVID protocol breaches in recent weeks, our legendary crossword and word jumbles, along with all the regular features wrapping last weekend's action and your full match programme for NRL Round 14 and Super League Round 9.

EDITION 12 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Sack mcgregor

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by thebigredv, Jul 4, 2016.

1. rednwhites

rednwhites Juniors

Paul speaks of being able to not only win the necessary 6+ of the final 8 games but says we can actually win the comp. All lovely words for the cameras, not fooling a soul. The performance is disgraceful enough without treating us like imbeciles. Completely condescending. And by the time Panthers and Souths have wiped the floor with us, just like Groundhog Day, Mary's rhetoric will turn to our chances of 2020. We will be fed pie-in-the-sky reasons why the outlook is so positive, and we will have no choice but to swallow it all down.

He says he expects to win every game when this cannot be the case. Every year his team has massive lulls and in the middle of these he accepts it as part and parcel - "you can't win them all". I do not remember this attitude under Bennett. I do not see Bellamy and Robinson accepting of back to back losses. We have a real dud the reason I started calling for his sacking in the second year of his tenure. As soon as I got a sniff of his acceptance of sub-standard rugby league and weakness as a planner I wanted him gone. It has been a living hell ever since.

Tuddy, merahputih, Dragons22 and 11 others like this.
  2. The Silverdale Phantom

The Silverdale Phantom Bench

I’ve never seen a saints side surrender like today.

It can’t go unnoticed or swept under the carpet.

Even Steelers fans want out these days.

The brand is fast becoming damaged goods.

Mary should chuck it in.

3. RedVDragon

RedVDragon Juniors

Mary’s a moron. Garth Brennan would be far better.

4. The Silverdale Phantom

The Silverdale Phantom Bench

SOS Roy Masters.

Trent Barrett might be sniffing around.

Blood&Bandage, 2010 and WoyD4LWoy like this.
  5. RedVDragon

RedVDragon Juniors

Andrew Gordon is responsible for football operations at WIN Corp. I called Andrew to discuss football matters with no reply.
    It is time we all called Andrew at WIN Corp to voice our discontent. Even if you leave a message with his PA we need to send a message to the owners and ask the following two question
    1. Are they satisfied with their investment.
    2. Would they give Mary all their money and ask him to decide where he decides to invest their hard earned cash.

Smurf, Dragons22, WoyD4LWoy and 5 others like this.
  6. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

WoyD4LWoy likes this.
  7. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

More suicides amongst the red v supporters sad very sad.......

WoyD4LWoy likes this.
  8. St Georgio

St Georgio Juniors

This guy is an embarrassment, the CEO is an embarrassment, the board is an embarrassment.
    I cannot believe this guy has been coach since 2014, fuucckk this is absolute torture to put up with this shit!

Tuddy, Blood&Bandage, Smurf and 6 others like this.
  9. Saint_JimmyG

Saint_JimmyG First Grade

I never wanted him appointed after Price’s sacking: McGregor should NEVER have been appointed in the first place. “Oh, give him a chance”, they cried.

Well, he’s been given more than one opportunity and failed dismally each time.

10. Dennis Papaioannou

Dennis Papaioannou Bench

Brad
    Your profession is a sports journalist.
    Why don't you grow a pair and start putting this joker under the microscope.
    He suffers from delusions of adequacy and he needs to be exposed.
    Do your job son and tell your journo mates to stop molly coddling McGregor.
    "The truth will set you free"
    Help push him out the door.

11. Qapm

Qapm Juniors

Just going to put it here to get in front of any criticism but despite:

- McGregor has forgotten more about league and coaching than I'll ever know
    - praise for his Origin performances
    - like the Yanks say "thanks for your service" for his time playing for the joint venture
    - I'm sure he's great to have a beer with and a good family man

He really needs to go along with a whole change in the culture at the club. It took my dumb ass this long to realize that the Dragons problem couldn't be bad luck off field or injuries but a club in terminal decline with leadership incapable of reversing the fall..

Posting because this issue is the reason I joined these forums and probably will be the only topic I'll post.

Really got to me reading one old bloke's post that he waited thirty some years from the last Grand Final win to the 2010 Premiership and would like to see them win again before he passes. I'm sure he's way older than me but I'm thinking the same......

12. St Hope

St Hope Juniors

Just like Maverick & Goose our Top Gun has us heading to the danger zone two on our tail and 8 stops to go .
    Mary says we have to win 6 , I reckon 2 because I don't think Titans can win 4 or more to leave us with the Wooden Spogon !!!! even with the usual lift they will get from changing coaches.
    Last 8 games for us include 2 bogey teams (South's & Parra) ,local derby Cronulla , Roosters and Titans twice .
    From the peanut gallery where I am, I am hoping we are ALSO RANS and not WOODENS SPOONERS even though it would go a long way to answering everyone on this forum's hopes.
    Please tell me my worries are ill founded.
    26pts has made top 8 only once in the last 10 years 2013 what hope there

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    WoyD4LWoy likes this.
  13. RED73V

RED73V Juniors

upload_2019-7-15_9-19-24.jpeg
    “WE CAN WIN IT “ he is absolutely DELUSIONAL & embarrassing this great club

14. Dragons22

Dragons22 Juniors

Gee I’m so glad this club decided to re-sign Mary so early in the season. They must feel so intelligent because I reckon the Titans would have snapped Mary up straight away. The demand in the NRL for Mary is just too high. I’m so happy we have smart people at this club that look to the future and realise that Mary needs to be locked up long term.

15. Michaeldragonslife25

Michaeldragonslife25 Juniors

16. muzby

muzby Village Idiot Staff Member

Stop making threads every time you have a brain fart.

SBD82 likes this.
  17. jeffdragon

jeffdragon Juniors

Talk back caller from the gong rang Macquarie sports to enter a quiz, they asked him how is it there, he said he seen Mary and Millward on the beach contemplating their future.
    PIggy Riddell and David Morrow laughed saying they would want to after last night.
    We are the laughing stock.

Coffs dragon and WoyD4LWoy like this.
  18. Old Kogarah Boy 1

Old Kogarah Boy 1 First Grade

19. tevoro

tevoro Bench

20. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

You know what , it has come to this , I don't care that we are losing . What really gets on my nerves is the way the Coach and Management are treating us fans , with no respect at all ..... They are gutless clueless lot of ( ) will leave it blank as I will not lower myself to their standards .....